New Tekno skid plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😭😂🤣😂🤣 me and my son built it 6 months ago and my 10 month old is infatuated with it so it’s been a inside rig. Luckily I have plenty of rigs so no biggie!! one day it will get out in the wild!! View attachment 258067
That's cool, I was just kidding (maybe a lil jealous too), happy kids is just as important as "happy wife"..😉

😭😂🤣😂🤣 me and my son built it 6 months ago and my 10 month old is infatuated with it so it’s been a inside rig. Luckily I have plenty of rigs so no biggie!! one day it will get out in the wild!! View attachment 258067
Love that clear SCT body there. :love: So does your son.(y)
Is that a PL Flow body or something?

That's cool, I was just kidding (maybe a lil jealous too), happy kids is just as important as "happy wife"..😉
Yes, happy wife #1 Lol!! I just try to pass my hobbies onto the kids make it fun/enjoyable for them. make it a family time hobby.
Love that clear SCT body there. :love: So does your son.(y)
Is that a PL Flow body or something?
It’s the only body i could find that fit with the proline 2.8 trencher tires
9DB6140C-1E8B-4B9A-95F8-815AF29CAB34.png

Many Hard core Track guys will never use any skids. Truggies and Buggies.
Possibly at the rear only and using lighter RPM Nylon ones if anything. And Cheapest.
SS and even Ti are quite heavy. And Ti as an option would be too expensive to replace as a consumable part.
Aluminum is just too soft and would be worn to nothing real fast.
In the end, all chassis need to be replaced at some point . Really can't avoid that ultimately

EDITED.

Last edited:
The Track guy mentality is so different. You basically set up the rig so it is at the lightest allowable spec when you run. Too light below spec is not allowed per the rules. Then you add ballast weight to dial her in. You always want the ability to place weight where you need it if any. Rigs run more graceful, balanced and nimble when they are lightest.
With bashing, guys are slamming their rigs with all that Bling alloy out there. Upgrade marketting has enticed many. Some few alloy parts are needed no doubt for hard bashing use. Just many Make them heavy Tanks. The rig ends up weighing 1-2 + pounds and more. It can become an expensive paper weight at some point. Drive train issues arise, Repairs become more $costly$.

Last edited:
Yeah these skids are a must have.
What are they made of again?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back