Newbie questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dphung

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Got a couple questions.

So I got a Typhon TLR in a trade and it has a max6 ESC on a Kraton chassis, on full left it touches the ESC. Is there anything I can do to obtain full steering or am I just stuck with limiting my steering?

2nd question, I was doing some prior research about ESC - Batt wires and that they need to be a certain length(not too long) and it has a single connection, am I ok to run an extension adapter to run dual batteries? Or should I make it to where the ESC is a dual battery setup and if I ever get a single battery, just use a jumper? PFA and thanks in advance for all help!
IMG_7259.jpeg
IMG_7258.jpeg

Got a couple questions.

So I got a Typhon TLR in a trade and it has a max6 ESC on a Kraton chassis, on full left it touches the ESC. Is there anything I can do to obtain full steering or am I just stuck with limiting my steering?

2nd question, I was doing some prior research about ESC - Batt wires and that they need to be a certain length(not too long) and it has a single connection, am I ok to run an extension adapter to run dual batteries? Or should I make it to where the ESC is a dual battery setup and if I ever get a single battery, just use a jumper? PFA and thanks in advance for all help!View attachment 344740View attachment 344741

Hello and Welcome!

If you have an actual TLR setup...I have a Max6 in my TLR. It is a tight fit but in my case I had to turn it.

1706246706468.png

1706246724774.png

1706246753105.png

When it comes to a Kraton chassis you should have more space. This is my Kraton 6S with Max 6
1706246875598.png
1706246897511.png

Welcome aboard!
Got a couple questions.

If the wheels are bigger than stock you can get hub extensions that will help a little, but regardless you MUST set your steering endpoints or plan on replacing servos every 20 minutes.
2nd question, I was doing some prior research about ESC - Batt wires and that they need to be a certain length(not too long) and it has a single connection, am I ok to run an extension adapter to run dual batteries? Or should I make it to where the ESC is a dual battery setup and if I ever get a single battery, just use a jumper? PFA and thanks in advance for all help!View attachment 344740View attachment 344741
You can run a dual lead adapter, just make sure you run the correct ones. For example, if you had two 3s batteries on a series harness you would be running 6s. If you had the same two 3s batteries on a parallel harness you would be running 3s but they’d last a lot longer. Mostly done for speed runs only.
Welcome to the forum, man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back