Kraton NewSensei's Kraton 6s build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the screen mesh on the front and mounted well enough for testing...seems to do fine driving around my neighborhood, we'll see how it really holds up this weekend ;)

20200820_172634.jpg

I had a light bar but as you can see all that is left are the mounting posts. It got broken when I accidentally rammed a tree at speed :(

So... I needed something more flexible and unintentionally got something not only physically flexible but also flexible with light colors! Found this USB set that comes with WAY more light than I needed but most importantly it has a driver that is not only USB powered but remote powered too! AND, if I decide to I can expand the length easily. Going to power it off a USB power block that I will mount inside somehow...will figure that part out once I get the power block. Anyhow, only had to drill one small hole to pass the wire through then I smothered it in hot glue to protect the side I soldered and hold the cable in place but also so I could more easily remove it in the future should I need to. Was going to use shoe goo but that holds too well ;)

Also and as well: I think I might be able to use the battery pack to run my edf too... we'll see ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PFB8PDM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C71YH47?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

20200824_202045.jpg

20200824_202028.jpg

20200824_201957.jpg

20200824_201945.jpg

20200824_201851.jpg

Ok, that's cool! Never would have thought about using flexible led strips.
Has the added benefit of looking cool lit or off ;)...and it flexes a lot so maybe I can lawn dart and still have lights? We shall see ;)

I am going to have to look for a solution to do he lights but most importantly do the Knight Rider red sweep. I will need to find a way to make the sound too.

:D
Gonna hafta get into some programming some Raspberry Pie computers ;)

I haven't been able to find a prebuilt anything for such a thing...so want that "wew wew...wew wew" sound too LOL :D

Had no idea there weren't words in the intro in the first season... this'll be stuck in your head ;)

Hey did you have to modify the rpm front bumper at all to fit the rear?
Nope, just took out the screws and put the RPM bumper in place (didn't remove anything when installing the RPM bumper on the front or back).

Thanks to @Doom! for helping me finish the look of my Kraton! These stickers were perfect!

Thanks again brother!

20200904_221915.jpg

20200904_221907.jpg

Hey did you have to modify the rpm front bumper at all to fit the rear?
No modifications needed other than removing the fins on the bottom so I could mount the stainless skid plates and I had to put 20mm long screws in the very front because the stock screws were too short with all the extra plastic and stainless steel. Other than that it goes on with existing holes.

Glad I could help @NewSensei :)

@Doom! Really cool you can make custom decals! Any change your business open for future requests?? Can You make all sizes?

I can do a few here and there, size is not an issue. Time is my only problem, sometimes I can squeeze some in, but finding time to do them is tricky so it is hit and miss depending on my schedule. It never hurts to ask. ;)

Wanted to throw out an update,couple of months of running with an EDF for cooling off the receiver and so far it is handling it great...in case y'all wanted to know ;)

Wanted to throw out an update,couple of months of running with an EDF for cooling off the receiver and so far it is handling it great...in case y'all wanted to know ;)

So the EDF cooling overall is a win it sounds like? What about running one pointed at the motor instead of dedicated motor fans?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back