Granite No ESC startup beep, lipo counting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorentz82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi there :) just got my son a Granite 3S V3.
Its an awesome truck but i have som issues right out of the box.

We run it with a Spektrum 2S 5000mah 50c battery, also brand new.

When powering on there is no lipo count beeping what so ever. All we get is a green led 1 blink, thats it.
Also when we were out driving it would randomly just cut the throttle, often when he was driving really slow, trying to crawl, a restart fixed it and it ran again until he crawled very slow again then it just stopped again, and again. its no forest driving truck. As long as we ran it faster it didnt stop the throttle.

It runs nicely, alot of power even on 2S, i also set the power to 50% on the controller for my son to learn with.

Despite, 50% throttle and only 2S, and easy driving on grass, we managed to break a driveshaft up front.

But anyhow, what i cant figure out is why the ESC is not beeping on startup? seems like a faulty ESC or motor from what ive read here on the forum, but no thread had any good answers so thats why im posting this issue again. So, yes i used the search function first thing.

Startup sequence with spektrum 2S lipo here:

I have reached out to my hobby shop where i got it, but wont get response until after weekend, so i thought maybe its just an easy fix and some one here could guide me :)

Thanks alot for an awesome forum, i my self drive a outcast notorious 6s, awesome truck that have not failed on me yet! So kinda dissapointed in the 1/10s right now since it started with all theese issues. Oh well. it will probably get sorted in time.

Have a nice day
Cheers, Eric

IMG_5554.JPG

When powering on there is no lipo count beeping what so ever. All we get is a green led 1 blink, thats it.
Also when we were out driving it would randomly just cut the throttle, often when he was driving really slow, trying to crawl, a restart fixed it and it ran again until he crawled very slow again then it just stopped again, and again. its no forest driving truck. As long as we ran it faster it didnt stop the throttle.

It runs nicely, alot of power even on 2S, i also set the power to 50% on the controller for my son to learn with.

Despite, 50% throttle and only 2S, and easy driving on grass, we managed to break a driveshaft up front.

But anyhow, what i cant figure out is why the ESC is not beeping on startup? seems like a faulty ESC or motor from what ive read here on the forum, but no thread had any good answers so thats why im posting this issue again. So, yes i used the search function first thing.

I have reached out to my hobby shop where i got it, but wont get response until after weekend, so i thought maybe its just an easy fix and some one here could guide me :)

Thanks alot for an awesome forum, i my self drive a outcast notorious 6s, awesome truck that have not failed on me yet! So kinda dissapointed in the 1/10s right now since it started with all theese issues. Oh well. it will probably get sorted in time.

Have a nice day
Cheers, Eric

View attachment 304905
My v3 Big Rock out of the box never had a esc start up beeps either, and it runs fine.don't believe it's needed..I have heard others also with this small issue and they also state that everything works as it should.i don't really care about beeps so unless it bothers you I wouldn't worry about them beeps

My v3 Big Rock out of the box never had a esc start up beeps either, and it runs fine.don't believe it's needed..I have heard others also with this small issue and they also state that everything works as it should.i don't really care about beeps so unless it bothers you I wouldn't worry about them beeps
Yeah if its not supposed to beep, im totaly fine with it :) its the first esc i encounter that doesn't beep, so that makes you wonder :) But now i know better :)

Yeah if its not supposed to beep, im totaly fine with it :) its the first esc i encounter that doesn't beep, so that makes you wonder :) But now i know better :)
I didn't say it's not suppose to beep but if don't it's fine.mine has been working fine without it.if you like the beeps then I would put a claim since you just got it
You should still be under warranty

I didn't say it's not suppose to beep but if don't it's fine.mine has been working fine without it.if you like the beeps then I would put a claim since you just got it
You should still be under warranty
Yeah well, another forum member responded above that its not suposed to beep so. i took his word for it. I will still check with my hobby store to see what they say on monday. Thanks again :)

Yeah well, another forum member responded above that its not suposed to beep so. i took his word for it. I will still check with my hobby store to see what they say on monday. Thanks again :)
Cool .that part I'm not aware of since I don't have one but as for the 3 s line some don't beep and it's perfectly fine .good luck bud happy bashing 😁

Yup me too I was a little confused as to why it wasn't beeping. Every other esc I have makes the motor beep or make a tone.

Have a nice day
Cheers, Eric

View attachment 304905
I would check the motor's Pinion/Spur Gear mesh first thing based on how you describe it. Out the box many are slammed very tight when it comes to mesh. And very bad to continue driving this way. Check it!!
Get a new ESC under warranty, and maybe even the Motor could be questionable. Need to hear the Intialization beeps when you start up the ESC, first and foremost.
I find it hard to see any correlation between the No startup Sound and how the motor wont start at low thr input. They are separate issues IMHO.
The sound you should hear upon ESC startup is really emitted through the motor. The Motor being the speaker. The ESC sending the tones. But A very tight mesh could in theory prevent the Sound. Check Pinion Mesh FIRST. Very tight mesh ( a Zero backlash) could Mute the sound.:unsure:

Last edited:
I would check the motor's Pinion/Spur Gear mesh first thing based on how you describe it. Out the box many are slammed very tight when it comes to mesh. And very bad to continue driving this way. Check it!!
Get a new ESC under warranty, and maybe even the Motor could be questionable. Need to hear the Intialization beeps when you start up the ESC, first and foremost.
I find it hard to see any correlation between the No startup Sound and how the motor wont start at low thr input. They are separate issues IMHO.
The sound you should hear upon ESC startup is really emitted through the motor. The Motor being the speaker. The ESC sending the tones. But A very tight mesh could in theory prevent the Sound. Check Pinion Mesh FIRST. Very tight mesh ( a Zero backlash) could Mute the sound.:unsure:
Thats an interesting theory, you don't happen to have a youtube clip on hand that shows how to do this pinion spur gear thing?
If its tight, then maybe that even can mess with the low throttle power issue?

If its tight, then maybe that even can mess with the low throttle power issue?
Yes.
Every new RTR RC gear Mesh should be checked first before running it. Other checks also. The factory rarely gets them correct. Then you end up with a fail much sooner than later.

@razorrc, a member here did this video. There are other videos as well.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Okey, i found this, and i think he explained and showed it very good, how to adjust it.
i will give it a try and see what i find.
Thanks alot

Since there is no sound to mute gear mesh is not the problem.

I am telling you all none of the Arrma BLX escs beep, not that the escs make noise anyway it comes from the motor but yeah again none of the BLX make any sort of tone or sound they just turn on.

^^^
:unsure:
(y)
Just figured mesh was the first place to check, especially if never looked over since new?
Binding mesh could possibly causing the cogging or motor no start/ no spin, till it has overcome any mesh binding. The No sound issue, could just be a byproduct of that?? IDK. Since the Motor is the "speaker" for the ESC initialization tones. You could be right, no doubt. There being 2 separate issues?

Last edited:
^^^
:unsure:
(y)
Just figured mesh was the first place to check, especially if never looked over since new?
On these you can tell when the mesh is too tight, the cars barely roll.

Since there is no sound to mute gear mesh is not the problem.

I am telling you all none of the Arrma BLX escs beep, not that the escs make noise anyway it comes from the motor but yeah again none of the BLX make any sort of tone or sound they just turn on.
Kinda wished they would have those cool beeping sounds.your right it's the motor that makes the sounds .never understood how.i see no speaker in the motor so how does it make beeps🤔

Kinda wished they would have those cool beeping sounds.your right it's the motor that makes the sounds .never understood how.i see no speaker in the motor so how does it make beeps🤔
By pulsing a signal to the motor, if you knew how to pulse the motor right you could probably make it play Dixie.

I have now removed the motor and there is NO play at all on the big spur gear.

Will now open up the box and try to adjust the motor mount screws so there is s clickinh sound when rubbing the big spurgear.

IMG_5569.jpeg

So this is how it looked.
Will fix that velcro protections also so stop some dirt from coming in.
IMG_5570.jpeg

I have now removed the motor and there is NO play at all on the big spur gear.

Will now open up the box and try to adjust the motor mount screws so there is s clickinh sound when rubbing the big spurgear.

View attachment 304972
So this is how it looked.
Will fix that velcro protections also so stop some dirt from coming in.
View attachment 304973

Good thing you checked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back