Granite No ESC startup beep, lipo counting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much better sound now. Tick tick when flicking the spur gear. All mounted and it runs smoother now and rolls more easily.

But still no lipo count beep.
And still kinda weak when trying to force a wall, guess this is cogging, so not much to think about.
IMG_5571.jpeg

Last edited:
By pulsing a signal to the motor, if you knew how to pulse the motor right you could probably make it play Dixie.
I still don't get how magnets and a coil can make a beeping sound lol can someone drop a instructional video of this is possible? Not saying it doesn't but I don't get it 🤔

I still don't get how magnets and a coil can make a beeping sound lol can someone drop a instructional video of this is possible? Not saying it doesn't but I don't get it 🤔

Its not really a beep. Its just the sound of the motor in pulses. If you just tap your throttle barely and let of quickly you'll hear the same "beep" sound.

My big rock v3 with the same blx100 does not do a start up tone either.. don't believe they're supposed to. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Yeah, jammed pretty tight there.;) My Fireteam came the same way also. Zero backlash.(n)(n)
This gets really technical and far beyond the scope for many to understand. When an ESC initializes, the Motor's shaft vibrates at certain frequencies. Visibly seen on the 6s line of rigs. The 4x4 platforms have concealed Pinions/spurs. So its not obvious. ESC creating the Tones and Cell counts. The final tone is the "Ready Tone". Or it will fail the intialization altogether for various reasons.
That's all you need to really know.
But it's true.
Don't believe me?
Do some Googling......:geek:

Last edited:
Its not really a beep. Its just the sound of the motor in pulses. If you just tap your throttle barely and let of quickly you'll hear the same "beep" sound.

My big rock v3 with the same blx100 does not do a start up tone either.. don't believe they're supposed to. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Yup I know many have said the same this is why I'm assuming they all like this.no worries ,soon it's going 4s anyways and the MM2 I'm sure has nice beeps or the castle 2650 motor I should say

I never realized it was the motor making the sound until I put a castle system in a losi of mine. Was watching the pinion twitch as the beeps sounded. Put 2 and 2 together and realized what was happening. 😁

I must say im impressed with how easy it was to remove, fix an clean the spurgear yesterday, i mean 1 screw to detach the whole motor unit! Theese Arrma veichles are sure service friendly. Try doing this on a Traxxas summit 1/16 😂 like 8 screws just to remove the bottom plate to see the driveshaft.

I must say im impressed with how easy it was to remove, fix an clean the spurgear yesterday, i mean 1 screw to detach the whole motor unit! Theese Arrma veichles are sure service friendly. Try doing this on a Traxxas summit 1/16 😂 like 8 screws just to remove the bottom plate to see the driveshaft.

I need 3 hands to get my motor module out of my 3s cars. And if you think the 1/16 is fun to work on try the 1/10 Summit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back