Typhon Loud noises and cut wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danw1986

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. I’ve been having problems it sounds real loud sometimes and loses power. Then I noticed this. Plus another cut down the wire. Could this mean new ESC

3C145B5E-06AE-48EC-8641-30A957BC5638.jpeg

hi everyone. I’ve been having problems it sounds real loud sometimes and loses power. Then I noticed this. Plus another cut down the wire. Could this mean new ESC

View attachment 233557
Looks like your ESC cable got stuck in your spur, normally loud noises are diff related.

Looks like your ESC cable got stuck in your spur, normally loud noises are diff related.
Yea it did just unsure with that little wire coming off. In the past when I’ve had this blue wire Come off the motor it’s doing a similar thing to that. So confusing I’ve had all 3 diffs off and there fine

B9B3F3BE-0051-4524-BCE6-9CB2B86B3835.jpeg

Yea it did just unsure with that little wire coming off. In the past when I’ve had this blue wire Come off the motor it’s doing a similar thing to that. So confusing I’ve had all 3 diffs off and there fine

View attachment 233559
The little wire only matters if you are using smart battery’s and using telemetry stuff, does not effect performance of the ESC or motor.

I’ve been there before with the esc wires. Now I keep them zip tied. The loud noise is that a clicking sound under power or braking?

The little wire only matters if you are using smart battery’s and using telemetry stuff, does not effect performance of the ESC or motor.
Thanks
I’ve been there before with the esc wires. Now I keep them zip tied. The loud noise is that a clicking sound under power or braking?
Done this videos to show you when it’s not got weight on it or I drive slowly it’s fine but soon as I give it some it does this clicking noise. As you can see in this vid front wheels don’t even spin when I put a little bit of weight on it. And it sounds awful Yesterday I had all 3 diffs off and they was all fine.
That video isn’t playing on mine hope it works for you

Last edited:
Thanks

Done this videos to show you when it’s not got weight on it or I drive slowly it’s fine but soon as I give it some it does this clicking noise. As you can see in this vid front wheels don’t even spin when I put a little bit of weight on it. And it sounds awful Yesterday I had all 3 diffs off and they was all fine.
That video isn’t playing on mine hope it works for you
How is your gear mesh? Sounds like it may be too loose? Otherwise center diff related imo

I don’t think there to bad what’s your view

image.jpg

image.jpg

Should this have this much play in it. I’m so new to all this don’t no whats wrong and rite lol.

Is it possible, that your pinion is loose? I had this once and it sounded somewhat similar.

Also, try strapping down your battery cables under the velcro strip that goes over the width of the battery. That's what I do and it helps with cables flopping around and getting cought in something.

Last edited:
Is it possible, that your pinion is loose? I had this once and it sounded somewhat similar.

Also, try strapping down your battery cables under the velcro strip that goes over the width of the battery. That's what I do and it helps with cables flopping around and getting cought in something.
Good call but Just checked that one unfortunately it isn’t the search goes on
Could be as simple as a blown bearing inside the diff housing. Open up your front diff and see whats going on
I’ve had all the diffs off barings are fine
Could be as simple as a blown bearing inside the diff housing. Open up your front diff and see whats going on
I

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back