Not a good day bashing at all.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
So I have this wheelie bag I use to bring my rigs to the park for bashing, well today I loaded everything up to go bash with my younger brother and bad things happened. The bag has side pockets where I usually put the batteries in, well today for whatever reason that pocket decided to drag on the pavement...and I didn;'t notice. Well long story short the batteries dragged on the ground inside the pocket and the pavement wore enough material away to get to the batteries. They were ground just enough to catch one on fire, I managed to get it out to let it burn up on the sidewalk. So bummed out we kept going to the park (after I collected the charred remains) and when we got to the park I noticed the other battery that was in that pocket (i removed it after the first caught fire) had damage to the corner too and it was just enough to show the copper inside. So I wrapped it in tape and let it run one last time. I sent the noto on a good jump and she went a good 30 feet up and landed flatish but some on the nose. The car started acting weird and wouldn't roll easy. So I pulled the body off thinking a popped dog bone etc...nope the motor broke off at the front cap. Sheared 2 out of 3 screws on the end cap. And my front shock blew out the bottom cap. So needless to say I'm not happy and I will be looking for new batteries as I only have one left.

Tuff goin, do you think the chassis flexed up into the motor. I've bent an m2c motor mount like that but never took a cap off.

Damn that hella sucks man! I wonder if the mount screws were loose prior to the big send and that may have allowed the motor to slam down on the chassis hard enough to cause the damage.

Damn that hella sucks man! I wonder if the mount screws were loose prior to the big send and that may have allowed the motor to slam down on the chassis hard enough to cause the damage.
it was bent up so prob chassis flex. It's an m2c chassis with no t2t brace just centre braces the motor is pooched it destroyed the wrapping on the rotor and the end cap holes are broken 2 out of 3.

I don't run the T2T either as in my experience it transfers all the impact to the gearboxes and causes the tops to snap. That sucks for sure though even a new Spektrum 4074 is what like $70+

I don't run the T2T either as in my experience it transfers all the impact to the gearboxes and causes the tops to snap. That sucks for sure though even a new Spektrum 4074 is what like $70+
I have a spare motor, and stuff to fix the shock it's the 2 6s 5000mah 50c's that I'm really really choked about. 179 cad before shipping for 2

Ya having to replace batteries definitely blows! Even cheap packs aren't cheap and then the slow ground shipping as well sucks a$$!

Ya having to replace batteries definitely blows! Even cheap packs aren't cheap and then the slow ground shipping as well sucks a$$!
alliexpress our friends over the pond will mislabel and send by air from china they ship quicker then usa oddly enough. Kinda sketchy for the planes but nothing comes back to me the seller gets in crap then refunds me

Nice, ya I'm waiting on some new SMC 4s packs that have been through like 8 states from Virginia to Utah really hoping I see them Saturday as they now are only a state away from Nevada where our mail comes from but sucks having the wait for sure. I think CNHL does the same and sends them air as I've gotten CNHL packs from like Georgia in 2-3 days and I'm in Cali across the country.

So… you basically launched your Noto off of a three story building and you are surprised it broke?

I don’t think you should be.
🤣 I launch mine 30+ft all day and don't break $hit and I know @FatCatRC has a beefy tank like I do so they usually handle it like a champ. I can see an A arm or shock etc but the motor is definitely odd.

So… you basically launched your Noto off of a three story building and you are surprised it broke?

I don’t think you should be.
Did I say I was surprised? Nope. My beast is a tank but shearing 2 motor screws and busting an end cap is a new one. I was pissed about my batteries more than anything. I sent it knowing I would break something, an arm, shock mount etc but not flex a chassis so bad it pops the end cap off. But hey it is what it is. My rig is fixed already. My wallet can't handle the batteries rn though. Thanks for the positive post though, it lifted my bad day...
🤣 I launch mine 30+ft all day and don't break $hit and I know @FatCatRC has a beefy tank like I do so they usually handle it like a champ. I can see an A arm or shock etc but the motor is definitely odd.
I did notice one motor has the smaller 2.0 end cap screws and the spare I had has bigger 2.5 cap heads. Did arrma upgrade the screw at some point? The spare is off a 2019 v4 kraton

Did I say I was surprised? Nope. My beast is a tank but shearing 2 motor screws and busting an end cap is a new one. I was pissed about my batteries more than anything. I sent it knowing I would break something, an arm, shock mount etc but not flex a chassis so bad it pops the end cap off. But hey it is what it is. My rig is fixed already. My wallet can't handle the batteries rn though. Thanks for the positive post though, it lifted my bad day...

I did notice one motor has the smaller 2.0 end cap screws and the spare I had has bigger 2.5 cap heads. Did arrma upgrade the screw at some point? The spare is off a 2019 v4 kraton
Huh I'm not sure on that one? I don't even have my 2020 v4 BLX motor anymore and all my other rigs have TP, Spektrum, Hobbystar or Castle motors. I wouldn't doubt it though kinda like they changed the shock threads with the v5's.

the threads are the same just the head size is different. Same length too.
Ok I knew something changed with the shocks lol. I only have v5 Typhon and haven't done much with it besides stretching it, GPM hinge pin blocks and EXB chassis braces.

the motor broke off at the front cap. Sheared 2 out of 3 screws on the end cap.
Do you have something between the chassis and motor end to absorb energy? I put some carbon felt (because that’s what I had laying around 😄) tight under the end of the motor for support. I’ve heard others putting a piece of rubber or silicone glue under the end of the motor.
Tough luck to destroy both batteries and motor; unfortunately sometimes when it rains it pours they say 😢

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back