Notorious Notorious… slow Velo build (a comedy of errors)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I can’t wait for
Awesome! The tailgate protection is a good idea. Could do with similar on the roof after my experience with this truck yesterday lol. They power flip real easy 😁😄
Yeah I can’t wait for that. power flip 🙃
I’m just not a wing nut. So I protect my tailgates with something that’s… not a wing. I don’t even see how a wing can protect a tailgate on a basher, it’s just something else to break.

Ordered a T-bone wheelie bar today. It mounts from underneath not on the wing mount. Figure I’ll cut the front sections off the wing mount off so I can use them to connect the rear chassis brace. I hope it works…in my head it should work.

I like these proline skids and have them on a couple cars. I’ll put the 2 medium sized ones on the Noto’s roof and a couple small ones on the hood. That’s all it needs.

EDC0014A-3090-4694-8051-19ECF69359E2.png

Just order the last of what I need for reassembly. I decided I’m going to use as much as possible all the original parts. Then I’ll upgrade as needed down the line. Also found a nice servo in my parts box I’d forgotten I’d bought awhile back.

Today I’ll get started on cleaning everything, try to get ready for when the parts arrive.

98DEDE24-0763-41BE-9C41-093676F41858.jpeg

BCD2CD2D-85BA-42AC-B9D7-203E9DFD52E7.jpeg

54D75B02-A20C-41BE-B831-6A716B62F714.png

Last edited:
They are great servos!!! Super fast and strong. I'm thinking of putting one in my Notorious because the stock one is a bit slow! I've got 2 new ones on the shelf ... I love buying parts in advance 😃

It’s turning out like I hoped! Just need more shoo goo, which I’ve ordered, then will repair the worn cracked corners etc. I’ll sand and paint it blue just a bit darker then stock. A Traxxas maxx tail bed protector will protect the ass end. Think I’ll have to cut in down a couple inches but it should work. Lastly a t-bone wheelie bar, which attaches beneath the rear so it should work with the closed bed.

Meanwhile I’m going slow with the car itself. Need to fully disassemble and clean…but not being familiar yet am a touch hesitant. I need to get a screws kit from Jenny’s also. All I got are 1/10 size hardware.

View attachment 202703

View attachment 202704

View attachment 202705

View attachment 202706

View attachment 202707
Will this work both as a bumper and as a wheelie bar?
I like these proline skids and have them on a couple cars. I’ll put the 2 medium sized ones on the Noto’s roof and a couple small ones on the hood. That’s all it needs.

View attachment 203830
Good find! I'll get me some for my Outcast.

Will this work both as a bumper and as a wheelie bar?

Good find! I'll get me some for my Outcast.
When the T-bone pumper comes in I’ll install it and post how it is

They are great servos!!! Super fast and strong. I'm thinking of putting one in my Notorious because the stock one is a bit slow! I've got 2 new ones on the shelf ... I love buying parts in advance 😃
Nice! From my research it seemed really good for the price so I grabbed one awhile back. With the basher queen servo mount and servo saver I just ordered my steering should be solid. I’ll save the stock s652 for one of my 3s cars. They work great in those.

I’ll admit, I’m overwhelmed somewhat. But I felt like this the first time I put together my granite the first time also. At least I have good tools and basic knowledge base now.

I spent a lot of time watching videos trying to remember how to put it back together and understanding the truck. I’m going break out the diagrams tomorrow and get more serious.

I decided to just do a few initial upgrades. Basher Queen servo mount and saver. Ecofast servo, new tires, TBone wheelie/bumper, new shocks all around and a few other bits and pieces. Mostly it’ll be stock.

I didn’t do much done today other then get started, but that’s good enough. I’ll do more tomorrow.

09A907EB-FB6D-442F-9D01-B2501B5F0722.jpeg

The Noto is a fun truck. I broke the wheelie bar on mine yesterday 😪 apart from that it's been bullet proof ( pun intended) And to be far in the past 14 months since I started the hobby many RCs have died at my hands.

The Noto is a fun truck. I broke the wheelie bar on mine yesterday 😪 apart from that it's been bullet proof ( pun intended) And to be far in the past 14 months since I started the hobby many RCs have died at my hands.
I can’t wait to find out but I need to get it togethor first 🤣 I’ve procrastinated by working on every car I have except this one. Which isn’t bad because I’ve gotten a lot done. I find that I spend more time sitting and stare at it then actually working. But I am learning.

Hey…Do you run gaskets between the bulkhead/diff and the chassis? Also, I know how hard you are on cars. What have you done to your Noto to make it be able to stand up?

When the T-bone pumper comes in I’ll install it and post how it is
Here it is laid out. I use the small round silicon grommet things to protect the crappy T-bone wheel bearings. I’ve been through numerous T-bones bumpers on my 3S cars and all of the wheel bearings failed until I started doing this. I put a bit grease under it also to help stop dirt and clean it out every couple-three weeks.

I decided to stop staring at the uncomplete car and work on the Cricut. I very much like how these turned out!

Ok, back to the car…

D41479D0-FE54-431F-A19E-27B5C8703CCB.jpeg

Well, here she is so far. Kind of stuck on how to connect the rear chassis brace without a wing mount. So I figured I would just cut the wing mount and use that portion. Thing is, this thing came with a 3DRC wing mount and I really don’t want to cut it up (seemed like blasphemy). So I ordered a stock one night last night. I’ll cut it up 😂

Man this has been a challenge but I will know this car inside and out by the time I’m done, so it’s worth the hassle. In retrospect, I should’ve taken a bunch of pictures and notes before taking it apart. Also in retrospect… I think I just wanted to challenge myself.

5A144781-D69E-43E3-A357-0C4312E814AE.jpeg

F1A43AB4-CCDC-4A34-8949-8D95B7348865.jpeg

29D121EB-DDA4-4860-9AE4-0DD243BCD617.jpeg

I just ordered the last couple of parts I feel like I need at this time. I was very happy to see that M2C makes shock cap bushings.

8DC8629F-B23E-4566-9DF3-7F885F202CF5.jpeg

Love the Tailgate armor looks cool

If the Noto came that color blue I would have gotten that instead of the black. That Notorious Logo looks sick 🤘
Thanks! I wasn’t sure if filling in the back would work but I’m happy. The Xmaxx tailgate protector was the best option but was huge lol. I should have put more support in the middle of the tailgate protector after I cut it to avoid the angled slant but oh well. Should be super sturdy (lots of shoo goo lol). Need to fit the TBone wheelie bar next, think it’ll be good.

I designed the logo, wife set it up on the Cricut, printed it and I did the weeding. Love that thing! So cool the stuff we’re making with it.

Ok, it’s 60f degrees and the thing is fully reinforced, sanded repaired and ready for paint.

View attachment 203111

View attachment 203112

View attachment 203113

View attachment 203114
I’m using two cans of blue paint I have left over from another project. Mostly it’ll be regular old Tanyia Blue and I have just enough left over the metallic blue flake to give it a final flare I hope. Here’s after the first couple of coats. I’m already happy with it lol. The stock blue was too…light color almost Smurf like.
4 coats total blue and now the metallic flake. I did have just enough for a good dusting and it really sparkles in the sun 😊 I’ll let it dry for a day or so then hit it with clear coat. It turned out just as I hoped.

View attachment 203119

View attachment 203120

View attachment 203121

View attachment 203122

View attachment 203125

View attachment 203126

View attachment 203127
Reall nice body work.:)

Last edited:
Thank you, means much coming from you 😊

Sure could lol. I picked up a stock low profile one with the intention to cut it. I think it’ll work but hardly know what I’m doing so who knows.

Mine snapped off almost exactly flush with the shock towers. I ordered a replacement today wanna find something more flexible tho eventually.

If you don't wanna ruin a perfectly good wing mount, pm me and I'll send em to ya when I get the new one in. Should only need some light sanding to get em down the rest of the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back