Notorious Notorious VS Outcast V4 !!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Noto is pretty easy to drive.
Me too, assuming that what you mean by easy is rolling, cartwheeling, lawn darting, swimming and quite possibly, never landing on all four wheels. Okay, I'm obviously exaggerating (sort of), but the Noto is definitely a handful, and with all honesty, would not recommend it as a first 1/8 th scale or 6s truck. The longer wheel based Kraton or the more optimally balanced Talion, would really be helpful to a newb wanting to learn how to handle the extra power and size. My next investment, which isn't gonna be all that soon, is the Kraton M2C Goliath chassis. I think that stretching to the lwb is gonna help resolve a lot of the issues with handling. Might have to pick up some different tires to replace the backflips as well. Maybe the Copperhead 2's.

I don't mean to come off as a smarta$$, yes the longer wheelbase is going to be easier to control but I think if it was someones first 6s vehicle, it would be a handful at first, and soon after they would be used to it and be able to control it fine. I have a couple dirt jumps I built for it, not huge stuff maybe 2ft tall, but I can get 8-10 feet of air and may 20ft or so out. I have about an acre of open space that is my side yard that I run pretty much wide open in with dips and bumps. I have yet to cartwheel or lawndart mine, the swb and big tires make it very controllable in the air IMO. If I get outta shape like on 2 wheels in a turn, just steer back the other way a little and it straightens out. If I hit a dip and the back end kicks up wanting to go face first I just give it a little more throttle and it sits down. The backflips size help with this, a smaller tire on this truck just wouldn't do as well I don't think. I am going to get a Kraton or Talion, but will be waiting until the new versions get some of their issues sorted out. The Noto is an awesome truck and 1 heck of a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I don't mean to come off as a smarta$$, yes the longer wheelbase is going to be easier to control but I think if it was someones first 6s vehicle, it would be a handful at first, and soon after they would be used to it and be able to control it fine. I have a couple dirt jumps I built for it, not huge stuff maybe 2ft tall, but I can get 8-10 feet of air and may 20ft or so out. I have about an acre of open space that is my side yard that I run pretty much wide open in with dips and bumps. I have yet to cartwheel or lawndart mine, the swb and big tires make it very controllable in the air IMO. If I get outta shape like on 2 wheels in a turn, just steer back the other way a little and it straightens out. If I hit a dip and the back end kicks up wanting to go face first I just give it a little more throttle and it sits down. The backflips size help with this, a smaller tire on this truck just wouldn't do as well I don't think. I am going to get a Kraton or Talion, but will be waiting until the new versions get some of their issues sorted out. The Noto is an awesome truck and 1 heck of a lot of fun.
I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was making fun of myself. No one could ever deny that the Noto/Outcast is a fun truck to drive, but it has a steep learning curve. I'm getting much better, but I don't get nearly enough time to practice. There's guys like at @bicketybam, who tries to explain how to approach, hit and launch off of ramps. My problem is I don't learning so good. I'll get there eventually, but I still feel the Talion or Kraton would have been a better starting point. Bash on my brother, bash on.

I would ask a favor though. Could you take a pics of your truck on the ground, front and rear? I want to see how different people have their shocks set up. Also, what punch setting do you normally bash at, and are you still using the stock pinion? Maybe I just need to tune mine better.

I have had the truck for about a month, haven't adjusted the punch setting from stock till yesterday. Stock everything except for the Savox servo I put in it. Wing, sway bar, and wheelie bar removed from where I went into the rear to see how bad the diff was broken.

Attachments

• 20190426_131417.jpg
    20190426_131417.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190426_131405.jpg
    20190426_131405.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 71
Maybe I just suck at driving. I have the Kraton, Notorious, Talion and Typhon. I run them all on 6s with 16t pinions and up. I find the Notorious the hardest to drive. It handles like crap compared to my other 3 trucks. It's better now that I went with smaller tires. My jumps average over 50+ feet and I like rotating in the air. I can only compare the trucks I own and drive in a regular basis and the Notorious is the most twitchy. Maybe it's just me.

Maybe I just suck at driving. I have the Kraton, Notorious, Talion and Typhon. I run them all on 6s with 16t pinions and up. I find the Notorious the hardest to drive. It handles like crap compared to my other 3 trucks. It's better now that I went with smaller tires. My jumps average over 50+ feet and I like rotating in the air. I can only compare the trucks I own and drive in a regular basis and the Notorious is the most twitchy. Maybe it's just me.
it's not just you man the noto or outcasts is a different animal but it does have it's own quality's I also agree with others that the backflips are an awesome tire but I'd go with the copperhead2 tires

it's not just you man the noto or outcasts is a different animal but it does have it's own quality's I also agree with others that the backflips are an awesome tire but I'd go with the copperhead2 tires
It's not like I can't drive it. It just requires way more attention than my other 3 trucks. I can't jump it as far as the other 3 either. Single lazy backflips are fine. Trying to do doubles and triples and land them clean is more difficult for me. As far as handling, my other 3 trucks would whip the dog piss out of it around a course.

Anyway, whole it may not be hard to drive for some, to me it is harder than the other 3 trucks.

I have had the truck for about a month, haven't adjusted the punch setting from stock till yesterday. Stock everything except for the Savox servo I put in it. Wing, sway bar, and wheelie bar removed from where I went into the rear to see how bad the diff was broken.
Thanks. @bicketybam told me what you have now confirmed. I'm riding way too high. He said the ideal setting would be where the arms are almost flat when sitting on the ground. I have my shock collar nuts screwed down way too far. I'm gonna adjust over the weekend, and see how different it feels. I'm also gonna try to go to 5 or 6 on the punch, and hope that I get a little more control when it's in the air. Will report on Monday. Thanks gents. Nice to have something to compare to when trying to learn.

It's not like I can't drive it. It just requires way more attention than my other 3 trucks. I can't jump it as far as the other 3 either. Single lazy backflips are fine. Trying to do doubles and triples and land them clean is more difficult for me. As far as handling, my other 3 trucks would whip the dog piss out of it around a course.

Anyway, whole it may not be hard to drive for some, to me it is harder than the other 3 trucks.

Yea, she does handle like a tank, especially with the stock, weak servo. With the Savox i put on it is MUCH better.

Are you good at driving your Kraton? Because the Notorious/Outcast is a lot harder to drive. I consider myself above average (not by a lot) and I struggle with that truck.
Yup I've had my Outcast for about a year and a half and I still mess up jumps.

No matter V3 or V4, Notorious and Outcast are identical respectively. Just pick a body. What looks better to you? Both bodies use very thick lexan. Very durable, compared to a thinner lexan Kraton body by comparison.
I like the Notorious personally, to each his own though.
I have purchased several clear Noto bodies, and I put one on my TRX 4 crawler, I trimmed it to get that prerunner look in that generic no name body. I stickered it as a Dodge Ram circa 1950's as I imagined it could be. I know that is hearesy on a TRX...LOL. But that Rig has fallen 14 feet down a steep incline and the body actually protected the chassis. Not a crack or split anywhere. And the TRX 4 slider chassis I have it on is a pig at 10 pounds.

Attachments

• Pitbull on 2.2.jpg
    Pitbull on 2.2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 71
Anyone heard any word on official release date for the 2019 Notorious? ARE they going to release it? It's been advertised on the Arrma RC web site since March. Besides the shell it's the same as the Outcast so why such a long delay. Is it some marketing ploy? Are they updating something on the Noto that wasn't done on the Outcast?

Anyone heard any word on official release date for the 2019 Notorious? ARE they going to release it? It's been advertised on the Arrma RC web site since March. Besides the shell it's the same as the Outcast so why such a long delay. Is it some marketing ploy? Are they updating something on the Noto that wasn't done on the Outcast?
Noto V4 is already out and available. A 2019 V4 6S RTR rig will have the letter 'T' in the model/part number. Noto and Outcast are the exact same rigs. No changes exclusive to each other. Except the body that is. Just choose either one based on body preference. I think many in the know like myself, would rather buy a V3 if they were still around, because of 2 main issues with the V4 that I see.

1. The V4 2-channel Spektrum STX radio sucks compared to the older V3 3-channel Tactic TTX300 radio. Not that the Tactic radio is anything high end, but it's a proven design that does have quicker response time ( it feels more connected ) and that 3rd channel does add more value compared to the new 2 channel Spektrum with that oversized full hard plastic wheel that gets so slippery. The STX is just laughable. After 10 minutes on my V4 Kraton, I shut it down and went home. I felt insulted with this poor radio. I didn't want to drive anymore. I had an extra TTX300 with reciever at home and made the switch. Now it feels much better to me.
2. The V4 fixed design Servo Saver hub is crap especially on the Big wheeled 6S rigs. The fix is to source the older V3 Servo saver and use thread locker on the adjuster nut. Did that. I noticed that Arma had the older servo saver on backorder, until recently and is now available from Horizon Hobby. Discontinuing that older servo saver hub part would have been a disservice to V4 owners.
Most people Trying their first Arma 6S V4 may not notice any of the above. And there are several very worthy upgrades in the V4 which may outweigh the cons. Steering rod captured ball links, Shimmed diffs, Chassis brace etc. And that's cool too. V4 Noto and Outcast get internal body bracing now.
I started with 2 V3's. The V4 Kraton is still 99.999% great.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Noto V4 is already out and available. A V4 6S RTR rig will have the letter 'T' in the model number. Noto and Outcast are the exact same rigs. No changes exclusive to each other. Except the body that is. Just choose either one based on body preference. I think many in the know like myself, would rather buy a V3 if they were still around, because of 2 main issues with the V4 that I see.

1. The V4 2-channel Spektrum STX radio sucks compared to the older V3 3-channel Tactic TTX300 radio. Not that the Tactic radio is anything high end, but it's a proven design that does have quicker response time ( it feels more connected ) and that 3rd channel does add more value compared to the new 2 channel Spektrum with that oversized full hard plastic wheel that gets so slippery. The STX is just laughable. After 10 minutes on my V4 Kraton, I shut it down and went home. I felt insulted with this poor radio. I didn't want to drive anymore. I had an extra TTX300 with reciever at home and made the switch. Now it feels much better to me.
2. The V4 fixed design Servo Saver is crap especially on the Big wheeled 6S rigs. The fix is to source the older V3 Servo saver and use thread locker on the adjuster nut. I noticed that Arma had the older servo saver on backorder, until recently and is now available from Horizon Hobby.
Most people Trying their first Arma 6S V4 may not notice any of the above. And there are V4 upgrades which may outweigh the cons. And that's cool too.
I started with 2 V3's. The V4 Kraton is still 99.999% great.
Just my opinion.
As previously mentioned in this thread the Outcast/Notorious are on V3 not V4. The Outcast didn't come out until after the V2 models were released. They are a version behind everything else. So again there is no such thing as a V4 Outcast or Notorious.

• 2015 V1 Kraton, Talion, Typhon and Senton were released
  • September 2016 all models were upgraded to V2
  • November 2016 Outcast was released
  • November 2017 all models received upgrades Kraton, Talion, Typhon and Senton are now on V3, Outcast received its second revision making it V2.
  • I can't remember when in 2018 Notorious came out, isn't technically a different model as it is an Outcast with a different body maybe V2.5.
  • April 2019 All models received updates Kraton, Talion, Typhon and Senton are now on their 4th revision making that a V4. Outcast/Notorious received their 3rd revision making them a V3.

Last edited:
As previously mentioned in this thread the Outcast/Notorious are on V3 not V4. The Outcast didn't come out until after the V2 models were released. They are a version behind everything else. So again there is no such thing as a V4 Outcast or Notorious.

• 2015 V1 Kraton, Talion, Typhon and Senton were released
  • September 2016 all models were upgraded to V2
  • November 2016 Outcast was released
  • November 2017 all models received upgrades Kraton, Talion, Typhon and Senton are now on V3, Outcast received its second revision making it V2.
  • I can't remember when in 2018 Notorious came out, isn't technically a different model as it is an Outcast with a different body maybe V2.5.
  • April 2019 All models received updates Kraton, Talion, Typhon and Senton are now on their 4th revision making that a V4. Outcast/Notorious received their 3rd revision making them a V3.
I agree with you.
But for all practical purposes, all the current 2019 releases are considered V4 by design. At least they are being considered all V4's by the RC aftermarket industry. Arma has their own revision hierarchy and you are correct about that.
Hopefully I understood your statement?

I agree with you.
But for all practical purposes, all the current 2019 releases are considered V4 by design. At least they are being considered all V4's by the RC aftermarket industry. Arma has their own revision hierarchy and you are correct about that.
Hopefully I understood your statement?
I think it would be easier if we just used the date. Instead of saying I have a V3 Typhon, be like I have a 2017 Typhon. You don't see people in the 1:1 world running around being all like yeah I have a 3rd gen f-body, no they will be like yeah I have a 1988 Iroc, with T-tops, leather interior and a stick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back