Outcast Outcast 6s Exb vs Xmaxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABBYSI

Reaction score
Hi all

Planning to purchase either Outcast 6s Exb or Xmaxx 8s.

I would like it to be fun,durable and do stunts and flips without much upgrade and mostly while stock.

I want it to be Xmaxx but heard Xmaxx couldn't flip with stock setup.

So should I get outcast or should I go with Xmaxx because after Xmaxx is the king.

Would request to help me decide

Outcast 6s EXB has been discontinued for a while. Are you thinking of 8s? Outcast would be better stunt truck for backflips etc. Durability has been an issue with past versions of the 1/5 scale Arrmas, but Outcast will be capable of sending it harder than Xmaxx so breaking more often comes with the territory.

Hi all

I would like it to be fun,durable and do stunts and flips without much upgrade and mostly while stock.

So should I get outcast or should I go with Xmaxx because after Xmaxx is the king.

XMAXX can absolutely flip with the stock set up. I personally would take the Xmaxx because it needs less work for it to take bad landings. I had to do de a lot more on the Outcast 8s to make it durable. It's very heavy. The Xmaxx is more nimble and forgiving when you mess up. There are pros and cons to both. But when it comes to raw durability, in stock form, and less wrenching (at least in my experience), Xmaxx. They O8S is more stable, but you better make sure to land on wheels almost every single time. Oh sorry, I see you say Outcast 6s EXB. That one is pretty good when it comes to durability indeed. I like the bigger trucks myself. I would still take the Xmaxx over that one. I have a K6S XL, but that's a different beast 😅👍

Outcast 6s EXB has been discontinued for a while. Are you thinking of 8s? Outcast would be better stunt truck for backflips etc. Durability has been an issue with past versions of the 1/5 scale Arrmas, but Outcast will be capable of sending it harder than Xmaxx so breaking more often comes with the territory.
I am getting outcast 6s exb + talion 6s exb brand new box from a hobby shop

YT'er Earl Moorehead knows both intimately.
Look up his videos. He compares and explains them well. Has many vids in regards. watch all of them.
He has a love/hate relationship with both. They both Need $upgrades$ to make them shine and drive how you want.
Earl is not any Big air send it guy, drives well but conservatively, within the models limits of durability. Every RC model has its limits.
Driving skillset is the other part of the equation.
The 8s 1/5 Arrma's are 30+ pounds, way heavier than the Xmax. Too heavy....One drawback IMHO. Just food for thought.

Hi all

YT'er Earl Moorehead knows both intimately.
Look up his videos. He compares and explains them well. Has many vids in regards. watch all of them.
He has a love/hate relationship with both. They both Need $upgrades$ to make them shine and drive how you want.
Earl is not any Big air send it guy, drives well but conservatively, within the models limits of durability. Every RC model has its limits.
Driving skillset is the other part of the equation.
The 8s 1/5 Arrma's are 30+ pounds, way heavier than the Xmax. Too heavy....One drawback IMHO. Just food for thought.
They are asking about the 6s EXB. I made the same mistake to mention the 8s one 😅. I would personally still take the Xmaxx over the EXB O6S. 😁

The Outcast 6s EXB is a great truck, but the steering is unforgivable. Need new servo saver and new servo pretty much immediately, don't even drive it with stock steering. The Outcast 6s is a fair bit smaller than the Xmaxx, but it will be capable of doing more extreme stunts. Outcast 6s when paired with the proper battery like a 90C CNHL 6s brick will do triple backflips off of 2 foot jumps. Xmaxx will likely feel clunkier, but the larger size has its own benefits. Some people love the larger scale, others get bored of the size and feel like it's a bit gimmicky since you can't drive it as hard and do as many stunts with them. They are different cars for different experiences honestly. Most people that get large scale cars don't end up doing much but driving them around a field and the occasional small jump. With something like Outcast 6s people send it to the moon and back.

Yep if you get these you are going to enjoy them!

X-maxx is fun too but larger and imo doesn't handle well (reminds me more of a monster truck). My Talion handles like it is on rails, puts a smile on my face every time I take it out!

If you want first hand experience @Xjeepguy has a 6S Outcast BLX that has been built. Sounds like he has already put it to the test!

I think I will buy X-maxx first followed by arrma.

It's very difficult in RC hobby.

Once you are in there is no way out

I don't know why people say the Xmaxx handles badly, I think it handles great, for a monster truck on 8" tires with a high center of gravity. No experience with the Outcast 6s. Being a short wheelbase with rather large tires, handling is not likely very good. These 2 rigs are just so much different they're really not very comparable IMO. If used within reason, both offer alot of fun, the Xmaxx costs nearly double though once you buy batteries and charger. If you're buying Spektrum or Traxxas batteries, hope you have deep pockets, each charges triple what the batteries and chargers are really worth. Good luck👍

Definitely not comparable. The Xmaxx just drives different than anything else and I dig it. It’s kinda goofy and slow but handles crazy terrain pretty easy
I really like how it drives, turn in is really sharp for it's size. The drawbacks for me are suspension and steering servo saver too soft, doesn't hold a line very well at speeds..I won't bother mentioning stock tires.. I run mine mainly stock, does have +10mm hubs and Max6 but that's really it. Even with 5000mah batteries, she's just too soft in suspension and steering. I laugh when people say they're runnig 9 or 10a batteries, shocks must be bottomed out before it even moves,LOL!! Not complaining, just "critiquing" ..😉😁

Definitely not comparable. The Xmaxx just drives different than anything else and I dig it. It’s kinda goofy and slow but handles crazy terrain pretty easy
Stock yes, kind of slow. But mine has the 1100kv 5687 with the Max 5 35/47 mod 1 gearing. 52mph off road, double backflip machine 😁.

Stock yes, kind of slow. But mine has the 1100kv 5687 with the Max 5 35/47 mod 1 gearing. 52mph off road, double backflip machine 😁.
Bounces for days too I bet? Not knocking, if you like it, all good. I just find the plastic chassis bounce to be so frustrating..even when you stick the landing it ends up tumbling from the bounce..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

just gonna leave this here..lol
Good stuff! I just watched all 3 matches. Arrma finally has an 8s they can brag about. The Xmaxx does seem better suited to reckless behavior though.. no way that Xmaxx is running stock electronics..the Arrma however seems almost perfect in power with the new 5687 IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back