Outcast Outcast 6s Exb vs Xmaxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At one point I had my RTR K8S v1 ESC / motor in my Xmaxx !!! Left the 23t pinion on it , was getting 50 mph .
I've been wondering about the Firma 1250 in an Xmaxx. I want a bit more, but not crazy. Of course any motor swap in a TRX 8s requires a new mount, which has kept my curiosity at bay. Did you feel it was a worthwhile swap? I have my eye on a 5687 but really don't wanna go down the rabbit hole..🤔
Definitely took some abuse!

Honestly watching that videos didn't make me want one over the other. It made me realize "what the heck am i doing at work??? I need to get home and go drive!!!"
Both put on spectacular performances IMO.

I've been wondering about the Firma 1250 in an Xmaxx. I want a bit more, but not crazy. Of course any motor swap in a TRX 8s requires a new mount, which has kept my curiosity at bay. Did you feel it was a worthwhile swap? I have my eye on a 5687 but really don't wanna go down the rabbit hole..🤔

Both put on spectacular performances IMO.
Yes , because I had the electronics out of the K8S sitting there , got the WFO mount and threw it into the Xmaxx . Being the truck is lighter , got a lot more run time out of it .
But now it is back on the Trx motor and HW Max6 , lol , haven’t driven it yet!
Here is the vid on it …

So you guys think they actually re-formulated the metal for the chassis and plastic parts, arms etc? I thought all they changed was electronics obviously, stickers and tires 😁

I wonder if they shimmed the input gears on the diff's as well?

Yes , because I had the electronics out of the K8S sitting there , got the WFO mount and threw it into the Xmaxx . Being the truck is lighter , got a lot more run time out of it .
But now it is back on the Trx motor and HW Max6 , lol , haven’t driven it yet!
Here is the vid on it …

Seems quite punchy. I have no speed measuring capability.. I do have a Max6 in it, should be equal to the Firma 160 if not better?
I'm overheating the stock motor on 18/50 so IDK. It's back on stock TRX tires which are quite soft (foams), might be adding too much rolling resistance..
So you guys think they actually re-formulated the metal for the chassis and plastic parts, arms etc? I thought all they changed was electronics obviously, stickers and tires 😁
I don't think they've changed plastics? Maybe the bracing is improved? Tires for sure. What I meant was the 5687. The v1 rtrs seemed too heavy for the 4585 1250kv. No disrespect intended to the v1. Just that now with a bigger motor out of the box, they can keep pace with the TRX better.

Seems quite punchy. I have no speed measuring capability.. I do have a Max6 in it, should be equal to the Firma 160 if not better?
I'm overheating the stock motor on 18/50 so IDK. It's back on stock TRX tires which are quite soft (foams), might be adding too much rolling resistance..
Well mine was 54/23 and it was cold out when I was doing it . But again , not Trx motor.

Well mine was 54/23 and it was cold out when I was doing it . But again , not Trx motor.
I was getting away with 20/46 on 8s BF'S in colder weather, maybe something has changed, bad bearing or? It ran great, still does, just getting hotter than used too. I also had a BF go flat.. If I had a firma 1250 laying around I'd definitely drop it in, to buy? Nah, there's better deals to be had. I gotta run stock to failure first, that's just how I'm wired I guess😉

XMaxx all the way. I love my Notorious but it doesn’t hold a candle to my XMaxx.

They really don’t need anything out of the box but definitely would put some washers under the motor mount screws. I also regeared mine to 20/50 & went with a Max 6 esc.

I’ve ran it all summer with no breakages other than stripped out servo gears that happened about 25 or 30 packs in. I replaced the gears with metal ones & I’m still running the stock servo.

As much as i love my Arrmas there’s nothing like an XMaxx!

XMaxx all the way. I love my Notorious but it doesn’t hold a candle to my XMaxx.

They really don’t need anything out of the box but definitely would put some washers under the motor mount screws. I also regeared mine to 20/50 & went with a Max 6 esc.

I’ve ran it all summer with no breakages other than stripped out servo gears that happened about 25 or 30 packs in. I replaced the gears with metal ones & I’m still running the stock servo.

As much as i love my Arrmas there’s nothing like an XMaxx!
Actually there is, XRT. I enjoy my Xmaxx as well. Not my favorite though. An XRT might be more my style TBH. No matter, I have an Xmaxx so I wouldn't bother buying an XRT. If I were buying another 8s, that would have to be Kraton 8s v2. I don't really get into the stunting stuff myself. Too expensive.

Hi all

Planning to purchase either Outcast 6s Exb or Xmaxx 8s.

I would like it to be fun,durable and do stunts and flips without much upgrade and mostly while stock.

I want it to be Xmaxx but heard Xmaxx couldn't flip with stock setup.

So should I get outcast or should I go with Xmaxx because after Xmaxx is the king.

Would request to help me decide
You cannot compare a 6S rig with an 8S rig. If you want comparison then take the Outcast 8S.
I prefer the Outcast as it looks better and seen stock wise needs no change. Mine was very durable, except when I landed wrong :D
Wheelybar is in my eyes the weakest point on the Outcast. It handles also very well but I would buy different tires. I don't like the stock ones.

I seen the T-Brand car when a neighbor drove it. He had constant issue with heat and gears until he changed gears and put in more
fans. But apart from that T-brand car is durable as well. Just almost everything is plastic, which is not the case with the Outcast.

The Outcast 6s is the altimet jack@ss truck and is the best skatepark truck I've crossed paths with so far. With 4s wheels it's fairly agile. The servo saver needs to be tightened up to get the most out of an Outcast 6s. Stock Arrma servo savers are pretty sloppy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back