Nylon prints warps bad and just wont stick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing some YouTube clips about AMS and how much filament it wastes, it become quite less interesting as i thought.

View attachment 349813

Same object single color 30 minutes and 5 gram filament
multicolor 104 grams and 7 hours 37 minutes!!!

My intent and useage for AMS is different..
I'd would use it more for separate support materials and fault tolerance, so if a filament runs out, it'll continue onto the next roll & on and on til there's no more rolls.

My intent and useage for AMS is different..
I'd would use it more for separate support materials and fault tolerance, so if a filament runs out, it'll continue onto the next roll & on and on til there's no more rolls.
As i understood from few clips is: you can't use different filament types and cardbord filament rolls don't work either.

My almost successful print. I know looks like :poop: but is the most far i ever got on nylon.

Overture easy Nylon

260c
70c
60mm/s

5 hours in to the print ( 1 hour left to finish) the supports became lose and it started to warp.
20240220_220540.jpg

20240220_220552.jpg

20240220_220559.jpg

Last edited:
Custom bumper, cool, still wondering about the material.. But also those supports could probably use a larger foot.

How did PLA print?

Custom bumper, cool, still wondering about the material.. But also those supports could probably use a larger foot.

How did PLA print?
Have not tryed PLA yet, but never had any problems with PLA.

Suddenly i get verry bad ABS+ lines.
Whats the reason of lines like this?

20240221_161542.jpg

20240221_161547.jpg

20240221_161536.jpg

Looks like Z-Offset got real close to the bed or over extrusion.
Three prints later and i can confirm your diagnose, i lowered the Z-offsetband it got much better. Look like the offset for PLA is not good foor ABS.
What i don't get is why it mid print gets bad.
Left side is nice and smooth and right side mid print it gets crazy bad And then smooth again.

20240221_184326.jpg

Three prints later and i can confirm your diagnose, i lowered the Z-offsetband it got much better. What i don't get is why it mid print gets bad.

Have you tried using Anti-Warping Tabs (hold down tabs) instead of using brim?

I would set it at 16mm dia. (or 18mm) tabs and just place some around the corners.

Left side is nice and smooth and right side mid print it gets crazy bad.

View attachment 350074

Not sure.

Perhaps just move your part to another section of the print bed..
Or rotate the part and see if it still does that on that particular portion of your part.. 🤷‍♂️

Something looks wrong with the supports to me. Slicer issue?

Last edited:
Have you tried using Anti-Warping Tabs (hold down tabs) instead of using brim?

I would set it at 16mm dia. (or 18mm) tabs and just place some around the corners.

Not sure.

Perhaps just move your part to another section of the print bed..
Or rotate the part and see if it still does that on that particular portion of your part.. 🤷‍♂️
Let me google what Anti-warping Tab and 16mm dia is and i will get back to you :D

From what i see creality print does not have the option of anti-warping tabs. But in this case the ABS didn't warp and the bottom is nice attached to the bed.

Last edited:
I am thinking there is something wrong with the code, the picture above doesn't look like your support is even touching the model..

What slicer are you using?

Oh yea we have all been there :LOL:
Using the Creality print.

Back