Nylon prints warps bad and just wont stick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are getting close! Sounds like an offset would take care of it.
No cutting needed :p

20240219_203518.jpg

You are getting close! Sounds like an offset would take care of it.
offset is at 0.05 at the moment.

All the 4 corners 0.30mm, in the middle somewhere between 0.25-.027

Ok.. start another one of the bed leveling tests.. on your printer screen go to settings, scroll down to expert mode and click that... Then click, Z offset..

while the printer is printing, raise the bed and pay close attention to the layer lines.. as you get closer you will see them start to close up.. once you get them to close up you will be there...

Record the value on a piece of paper that it took to get them to close..

You may need this later

Ok.. start another one of the bed leveling tests.. on your printer screen go to settings, scroll down to expert mode and click that... Then click, Z offset..

while the printer is printing, raise the bed and pay close attention to the layer lines.. as you get closer you will see them start to close up.. once you get them to close up you will be there...

Record the value on a piece of paper that it took to get them to close..

You may need this later
Are steps of 0.05 good or smaller steps?

I started 0.05 bumped it up to -0.50 and -1.00 and must say the -1.00 lines look really good, now that you say make smaller steps. i wil go .0.25 up and down. by every step i am writing it down with the marker so we have some exact data to compare

I started 0.05 bumped it up to -0.50 and -1.00 and must say the -1.00 lines look really good, now that you say make smaller steps. i wil go .0.25 up and down. by every step i am writing it down with the marker so we have some exact data to compare

Perfect.. 👌

-01,00 looks absolutely the best. The lines are smooth and fused. It doest have some small defects ( don't know the correct term) as the -0,085

View attachment 349668
Agreed.. -1.00 looks best.. those spots you see are where it's a little to close.. deviations in the bed cause this..

I would stick with the -1..

This is an interesting thread. Why doesn't the auto bed level compensate for this? Manual adjustment still necessary..

Its wonky at best... The main underlying issue is the mesh.. it doesn't probe enough points..

Agreed.. -1.00 looks best.. those spots you see are where it's a little to close.. deviations in the bed cause this..

Its wonky at best... The main underlying issue is the mesh.. it doesn't probe enough points..

Is there a way to manually adjust >> increase the probing points??

This is an interesting thread. Why doesn't the auto bed level compensate for this? Manual adjustment still necessary..

Now you mention it, if i look at the bed level: the left side is higher, and the more it prints to the left the bigger the spots get. do i have to worry that the nozzle may scratch/ touch the bed? or are the chances zero?

1708376735641.png

Now you mention it, if i look at the bed level: the left side is higher, and the more it prints to the left the bigger the spots get. do i have to worry that the nozzle may scratch/ touch the bed? or are the chances zero?

View attachment 349669

It will only scratch the bed if you continue on lowering the z height.. being it's off to the left it will rarely get used in that spot.. even then.. better to close than to far away.. little elephants foot isn't a bad thing..

Back