Talion Old Prototype Arrma Nitro Talion!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Never knew this existed, huuuuuhh
Anyone got more info on this?

PXL_20230110_2111131943.jpg

PXL_20230110_2109593352.jpg

PXL_20221216_202641119.jpg

PXL_20230110_2116264482.jpg

PXL_20230111_0414157722.jpg

PXL_20230109_2353060182.jpg

PXL_20221216_202725812.jpg

That's some dope ass sh*t👍 never seen one.thanks for showing us
Have you ran it yet? Like to hear what it sounds like
Oh it's not mine, I found the pics and got interested. Wish it was but I don't think a lot of them exist
That's some dope ass sh*t👍 never seen one.thanks for showing us
Have you ran it yet? Like to hear what it sounds like
Looks like a rebranded force .28 engine which is pretty standard

I just want to hear it run ..I have no interest on nitro anymore.those days are over..I still have my hobao hyper 7 1/8 buggy that I haven't ran in years..I might just convert it over to brushless
Same here..not worth the fuss. I have 3 that I'd just assume give away as to even being bothered.

Same here..not worth the fuss. I have 3 that I'd just assume give away as to even being bothered.
Me too. Can't be bothered.

Me too. Can't be bothered.
I just want to hear it run ..I have no interest on nitro anymore.those days are over..I still have my hobao hyper 7 1/8 buggy that I haven't ran in years..I might just convert it over to brushless
I recently got some nitros and imo they're way more fun than brushless. One issue is the noise as I can't run them everywhere because of it
Awesome thanks for the link

I recently got some nitros and imo they're way more fun than brushless. One issue is the noise as I can't run them everywhere because of it
Awesome thanks for the link
Well I'm glad you think nitro is more fun than brushless 🤷 ,I sure don't .I prefer a brushless set up any day...less headaches and faster .I don't have to worry about tuning the stupid carb .the only thing I miss about nitro is the sound and the nitro fuel smell...
Yup .someday this hyper 7 is gonna be brushless.or back on the shelf again collecting dust ..now that would be a waste of a nice rig.,maybey my next project 🤷

Attachments

• IMG_20220925_213023220.jpg
    IMG_20220925_213023220.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220925_213707495.jpg
    IMG_20220925_213707495.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220925_213735788.jpg
    IMG_20220925_213735788.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20220925_212919027.jpg
    IMG_20220925_212919027.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220925_212940095.jpg
    IMG_20220925_212940095.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220925_213046456.jpg
    IMG_20220925_213046456.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20220925_213128586.jpg
    IMG_20220925_213128586.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220925_213007251.jpg
    IMG_20220925_213007251.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Well I'm glad you think nitro is more fun than brushless 🤷 ,I sure don't .I prefer a brushless set up any day...less headaches and faster .I don't have to worry about tuning the stupid carb .the only thing I miss about nitro is the sound and the nitro fuel smell...
Yup .someday this hyper 7 is gonna be brushless.or back on the shelf again collecting dust ..now that would be a waste of a nice rig.,maybey my next project 🤷
It depends, only really gotta tune the carb once and also I find it annoying charging and then storage charging all the lipos to actually drive for a while and not just 15-30mins. With nitro I can just keep refueling. I also love the gear shifts, the sound and how the car basically disconnects from the engine and just rolls when i let off the throttle

I'm not putting the nitro's down by any means..they're lighter and faster, just requires more attention..then there's the noise to consider as well..

It depends, only really gotta tune the carb once and also I find it annoying charging and then storage charging all the lipos to actually drive for a while and not just 15-30mins. With nitro I can just keep refueling. I also love the gear shifts, the sound and how the car basically disconnects from the engine and just rolls when i let off the throttle
I suppose each to their own ..🤷 every nitro motor I had ,I always spent time to tune the carb before I ran it..sometimes it didn't take long ,other times especially if it was humid out it would take longer.as for your lipos on your brushless rigs ,the only time you need to worry about them being in storage mode 3.8 ,is if you don't plan to use the lipos for awhile.plenty of times I only do a few speed passes and I still have plenty of battery life left..I just use what's left the next day .as long as you don't drop below 3.8.ive gone as low as 3.5 a few times and my lipos are all good.thats also another thing about nitro engines.they noisy and you really can't run them around neighbor's..at least not here.a track or large open park feild is best
I'm not putting the nitro's down by any means..they're lighter and faster, just requires more attention..then there's the noise to consider as well..
I disagree with the faster and lighter part.ive seen nitros weigh way more than a electric.as for speed nitro is not faster..if that were the case then world's fastest record would have been broken by now by a nitro .which isn't the case

A good motor holds a tune, cheap ones need to be retuned every outing, even during..
Nitro can be expensive, a good .21 has got to be near $500 these days I'm guessing? Was $350 20 years ago..
I suppose each to their own ..🤷 every nitro motor I had ,I always spent time to tune the carb before I ran it..sometimes it didn't take long ,other times especially if it was humid out it would take longer.as for your lipos on your brushless rigs ,the only time you need to worry about them being in storage mode 3.8 ,is if you don't plan to use the lipos for awhile.plenty of times I only do a few speed passes and I still have plenty of battery life left..I just use what's left the next day .as long as you don't drop below 3.8.ive gone as low as 3.5 a few times and my lipos are all good.thats also another thing about nitro engines.they noisy and you really can't run them around neighbor's..at least not here.a track or large open park feild is best

I disagree with the faster and lighter part.ive seen nitros weigh way more than a electric.as for speed nitro is not faster..if that were the case then world's fastest record would have been broken by now by a nitro .which isn't the case
Maybe for world record speed running, but not on a race track. I'm talking 1/8 buggy and truggies..I converted an Xray nitro buggy I picked used several years ago. Had a spent Trinity .28 in it. I used a 4068 motor, 100a esc, Arrma battery tray and receiver box. 4s 5000mah battery. I wish I had weighed before and after.. anyway, I had to completely max out the spring preload to get the arms to level static. It definitely weighs more now, and easier than ever to enjoy!!

Last edited:
A good motor holds a tune, cheap ones need to be retuned every outing, even during..
Nitro can be expensive, a good .21 has got to be near $500 these days I'm guessing? Was $350 20 years ago..

Maybe for world record speed running, but not on a race track. I'm talking 1/8 buggy and truggies..I converted an Xray nitro buggy I picked used several years ago. Had a spent Trinity .28 in it. I used a 4068 motor, 100a esc, Arrma battery tray and receiver box. 4s 5000mah battery. I wish I had weighed before and after.. anyway, I had to completely max out the spring preload to get the arms to level static. It definitely weighs more now, and easier than ever to enjoy!!
You can get some good .21s that will hold a tune and be reliable for around 200-250, a basic OS Max 21 for example. Race engines are expensive af but they also rev to like 40k rpm nowadays so that's fair. Of course the $100 Force engines mostly sold (in rtrs too) these days can't be as good as a proper engine..

You can get some good .21s that will hold a tune and be reliable for around 200-250, a basic OS Max 21 for example. Race engines are expensive af but they also rev to like 40k rpm nowadays so that's fair. Of course the $100 Force engines mostly sold (in rtrs too) these days can't be as good as a proper engine..
Yep, have an OS .15 CV or something like that, made in Japan, good stuff. China motors are junk. It's the carburetor and crank seals that spoil the fun, air leaks, engines with air leaks can't be tuned cuz the airflow is always changing.

Yep, have an OS .15 CV or something like that, made in Japan, good stuff. China motors are junk. It's the carburetor and crank seals that spoil the fun, air leaks, engines with air leaks can't be tuned cuz the airflow is always changing.
The OS 15CV is an amazing engine. Wish I had one but they are no longer sold

On the subject of nitro, stock vs stock there's not really a nitro that can hold a candle to brushless. But the performance engines can certainly hold their own, and they don't have the tuning issues at all. Nitro got a bad rep from cheap RTR models with garbage engines and plastic carbs (take a guess which brand), but a lot of them didn't actually have tuning problems. I've got a Tmaxx with a 3.3 and an OS carb that holds its tune all day long, week after week. I can fire it up within a few pulls of the pull start and it stays running. It takes me less time to start it and get it ripping than it does to fit batteries and body to my O8S.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back