Talion Old Prototype Arrma Nitro Talion!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of nitro, stock vs stock there's not really a nitro that can hold a candle to brushless. But the performance engines can certainly hold their own, and they don't have the tuning issues at all. Nitro got a bad rep from cheap RTR models with garbage engines and plastic carbs (take a guess which brand), but a lot of them didn't actually have tuning problems. I've got a Tmaxx with a 3.3 and an OS carb that holds its tune all day long, week after week. I can fire it up within a few pulls of the pull start and it stays running. It takes me less time to start it and get it ripping than it does to fit batteries and body to my O8S.
I have an old Kyosho GT onroad with the Kyosho GXR28 engine, that thing is awesome always starts first pull and is super fast

On the subject of nitro, stock vs stock there's not really a nitro that can hold a candle to brushless. But the performance engines can certainly hold their own, and they don't have the tuning issues at all. Nitro got a bad rep from cheap RTR models with garbage engines and plastic carbs (take a guess which brand), but a lot of them didn't actually have tuning problems. I've got a Tmaxx with a 3.3 and an OS carb that holds its tune all day long, week after week. I can fire it up within a few pulls of the pull start and it stays running. It takes me less time to start it and get it ripping than it does to fit batteries and body to my O8S.
I guess that's what I meant, race level nitro engines vs brushless. Regardless, my nitro days are behind me. Had fun with them, electric all the way now.

RDT_20230907_1707537897322456704781444.png

Only if you're doing something wrong or the Baja is broken
I know. Just a joke. Saw it on reddit and thought it was funny. Could resist posting it here. 😆

I know. Just a joke. Saw it on reddit and thought it was funny. Could resist posting it here. 😆
Wouldn't be an issue for me since my Baja would definitely be brushless too!!😉😁😛🍻
IMO, a piped gasser is even more obnoxious than a nitro rc, no thanks.✌

Well I'm glad you think nitro is more fun than brushless 🤷 ,I sure don't .I prefer a brushless set up any day...less headaches and faster .I don't have to worry about tuning the stupid carb .the only thing I miss about nitro is the sound and the nitro fuel smell...
Yup .someday this hyper 7 is gonna be brushless.or back on the shelf again collecting dust ..now that would be a waste of a nice rig.,maybey my next project 🤷
This thing is clean man , I have a buggy frame too I’m just not too advanced in building one completely. My buddy gave me a this one not sure how to go about it yet.

IMG_4768.jpeg

This thing is clean man , I have a buggy frame too I’m just not too advanced in building one completely. My buddy gave me a this one not sure how to go about it yet.

View attachment 321059
Looks Kool 😁👍I don't know anything about that brand ,but it looks like it has BALLZ😬

Gotta figure out what I can make with this thing though it’s missing quite a few components and I don’t think they make this thing anymore either.
Just throw in arrma electronics in it 😁👍
I'm going to convert my tmaxx to electric and putting in all arrma electronics in it

Just throw in arrma electronics in it 😁👍
I'm going to convert my tmaxx to electric and putting in all arrma electronics in it
I have a TJ-Maxx laying around too. Thought about a conversion, why bother. It's just not worth it IMO. Was trash from day one to me. LOL.
I never understood why anyone would use pivot ball suspension on a fixed hub rear end.. Tmaxx, E Revo, Redcat MT10.. even the Hobao MTX has pivoting rear hubs, not pivot ball though. Why? More potential problems I believe.

Last edited:
I have a TJ-Maxx laying around too. Thought about a conversion, why bother. It's just not worth it IMO. Was trash from day one to me. LOL.
I never understood why anyone would use pivot ball suspension on a fixed hub rear end.. Tmaxx, E Revo, Redcat MT10.. even the Hobao MTX has pivoting rear hubs, not pivot ball though. Why? More potential problems I believe.
🤔 TJ max?that's a department clothing store bro 🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back