Rival MT10 On Sale!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
I bought a cheap brushed Rival MT10 on Tower Hobbies… The deal is still available and I wanted to share it for anyone interested.

Also looking for any advice going brushless for the ESC/MOTOR & SERVO would be helpful.

I have a Hobbywing 3660 Combo I was going to throw in but I would like to hear some options as well because I think this community is top tier and why not read some good advice 😎

Thank you!

IMG_7289.jpeg

The motor plates are pretty thin and can bend. I would suggest the smaller 3652 HW motors.

That being said there are people (on this forum) that have gone with much larger motors.

Damn so tempting.

1709866004375.png

The motor plates are pretty thin and can bend. I would suggest the smaller 3652 HW motors.

That being said there are people (on this forum) that have gone with much larger motors.
Oh really that sucks.

I stacked a 10% coupon on top last month when I bought mine. Just stuffed a Quicrun setup with 3660 3100kv motor in a few days ago and no regrets yet(haven't gotten to send it). I agree with the motor mount being light duty, but you don't learn these things till after the impulse buy stage.

I stacked a 10% coupon on top last month when I bought mine. Just stuffed a Quicrun setup with 3660 3100kv motor in a few days ago and no regrets yet(haven't gotten to send it). I agree with the motor mount being light duty, but you don't learn these things till after the impulse buy stage.
Nice! What code did you use?

Did this exact same thing, bought two weeks ago-ish. Swapped out for a spare blx100 I had laying around and my old 4000kv Bullet motor. It definitely rips! Actually might want to up a tooth 😁 I used tower points and got it for $160!! I couldn't pass up that deal. Especially when you could get the 10bl120 g2 combo for $85, that's almost even cheaper than the standard brushed version!

Granite BLX just went on sale at HH. $260.
I had trouble stripping the plastic differential gears. The shocks came in the box leaking. Horizon did help with the shocks but one of the new ones they sent also leaked. The diff was about $35 on eBay. Maybe they are going to update this truck that would be nice. It ripped well and stood up to some abuse for sure.

EDIT:
On a side note… Is Castle equipment just not up to par with Hobbywing or does the price turn everyone away?

Last edited:
I had trouble stripping the plastic differential gears. The shocks came in the box leaking. Horizon did help with the shocks but one of the new ones they sent also leaked. The diff was about $35 on eBay. Maybe they are going to update this truck that would be nice. It ripped well and stood up to some abuse for sure.

EDIT:
On a side note… Is Castle equipment just not up to par with Hobbywing or does the price turn everyone away?

Because the Sidewinder series of escs are just not worth it, they all have fixed 5v becs and cost more than their Hobbywing equivalent. And no one is going to spend $200+ for the Mamba X combo.

Because the Sidewinder series of escs are just not worth it, they all have fixed 5v becs and cost more than their Hobbywing equivalent. And no one is going to spend $200+ for the Mamba X combo.
+1. One of these days I'm going to take the Sidewinder 8th out of my K6. The 5V BEC is absolutely fixed, I hate it... it's just not enough power to properly turn those big tires. Pretty powerful ESC, but that fixed 5V BEC is it's Achilles heel.

+1. One of these days I'm going to take the Sidewinder 8th out of my K6. The 5V BEC is absolutely fixed, I hate it... it's just not enough power to properly turn those big tires. Pretty powerful ESC, but that fixed 5V BEC is it's Achilles heel.
The 8th has a 6v bec but it's only 2a iirc. I seriously think they do it intentionally to force people to buy their external becs.

What ESC/Motor combo and pinion size would you all suggest for full time running on 2S with maximum air control/ backflips?

I was thinking maybe a 4000kv combo or 4100kv combo? Is 80 amp good enough?

Attachments

• IMG_7433.png
    IMG_7433.png
    428.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I hate to be a downer on any rc purchase/idea, but this really doesn't have a place in a 1/10 scale MT (assuming it's the 60a). If it is the 60a, you'll be disappointed by the lack of power especially on 2s in a 10th scale. Also, if you bought from this listing, the seller is really ripping people off here- I have one arriving in a couple days for under $40 with a program card. Please don't let this stop you from experimenting and having fun.

Personally I'd recommend the hobby wing 10bl120 for the mt10 :)

I hate to be a downer on any rc purchase/idea, but this really doesn't have a place in a 1/10 scale MT (assuming it's the 60a). If it is the 60a, you'll be disappointed by the lack of power especially on 2s in a 10th scale. Also, if you bought from this listing, the seller is really ripping people off here- I have one arriving in a couple days for under $40 with a program card. Please don't let this stop you from experimenting and having fun.

Personally I'd recommend the hobby wing 10bl120 for the mt10 :)

That Max10 is still better than the neutered wp10bl60 that comes in the stock brushless MT10. Yes the Reedy Sc600bl is just a rebranded wp10bl60.

Back