Rival MT10 On Sale!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock Reedy Brushless motor is a 3300kv, 3652, motor weight should make a difference.

KT bashed this truck hard on the stock electrics.
That is why I was second guessing the combo in the screenshot I posted. Tower has a few 3652 motors.

Last edited:
The stock Reedy Brushless motor is a 3300kv, 3652, motor weight should make a difference.

KT bashed this truck hard on the stock electrics.
It's actually a 540 motor, so bumping up to a longer can nicely increases the torque available. I've got a 3660 motor in it and it seems you might have to trim a little of the chassis motor relief area to go bigger, I bet you could do a 3665 without having an open area of the chassis though.

It's actually a 540 motor, so bumping up to a longer can nicely increases the torque available. I've got a 3660 motor in it and it seems you might have to trim a little of the chassis motor relief area to go bigger, I bet you could do a 3665 without having an open area of the chassis though.
Yes but a larger motor is also heavier and brings us back to the discussion about the motor plate.

Also it appears that CRCU no longer makes the motor plate for the MT10 I had to find it through a Google search as Associated isn't even listed under the list of cars. https://customrcupgrades.com/product/team-associated-mt10-motor-mount/

1710609057579.png

We really didn’t discuss steering servo yet…

I haven’t drove it yet either still working on building it… does anyone know how good the stock brushed steering servo is? I can’t find specs on it anywhere.

What would be the best option for a good servo?

Stock is 15kg, the first 2 numbers are the tq and last 2 numbers are the speed.

I down cycled the servo from my MT8(25kg) into my MT10. Make sure to buy a MT8 servo arm as it's metal and direct replacement for the MT10 stock plastic one. I have a 35kg servo sitting in my spare parts pile as a back up. Was a huge improvement, especially after cranking down on the servo saver.

I haven’t drove it yet either still working on building it… does anyone know how good the stock brushed steering servo is? I can’t find specs on it anywhere.

Amazon has a 40kg for $24 here is the link.(https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Servo...ap_m_grid_rp_0_1_ec_ppx_yo2_mob_b_ts_rp_2_qv#). I have this on my ryft and mt10. So far no problems. And I'm sure it's not 1400oz, but even if I get 700oz+ out of it, that's worth $24.

I was just gonna stick one of the $18 Amazon cheapos in it.

Stock seems more than adequate. Sure it's not some super speeder, but it's enough for a basher. I didn't feel any need to change it out unless it breaks.

Stock brushed version servo is same as brushless servo?

Link to servo you like?
No idea if they're the same. I was referring to whatever is in the brushed one as you had asked. That's the one I have and like it well enough.

Rips pretty good on 3S Brushed as well.

His brushless conversion later on was pretty mild too, went with a "Firma 85A Brushless Smart ESC / 3300Kv Sensorless Motor Combo - Spektrum - SPMXSEMC01"

I really like the body this model comes with.

Thank you! What motor and ESC are you using?

Did this exact same thing, bought two weeks ago-ish. Swapped out for a spare blx100 I had laying around and my old 4000kv Bullet motor. It definitely rips!
The motor i was referring to is a 3656 size motor.

The truck doesn't need much for a power plant. It runs cool so far (although it has been cold), so I might try going up a tooth or two. I like that it's a lightweight setup.

Yes but a larger motor is also heavier and brings us back to the discussion about the motor plate.

Also it appears that CRCU no longer makes the motor plate for the MT10 I had to find it through a Google search as Associated isn't even listed under the list of cars. https://customrcupgrades.com/product/team-associated-mt10-motor-mount/

View attachment 354964
Yeah, I didn't want to pay shipping for the CRCU motor plate, so I made my own from 7075 T6 aluminum. It's 3.175mm thick too, so slightly stronger than the 3mm CRCU one.
1711673748077.png

Fitment is great, I haven't have too much testing time on it yet, this weekend I should be able to finally get out.

Last edited:
That is awesome work! I wonder if I could pull off the same feat..... :unsure:

Last edited:
Back