Outcast Outcast 8s - 10s EXB Build Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtgr

Reaction score
Would this be a set of pinions to mess around with for a Outcast Exb (Max5 800kv motor 10s)?

Screenshot 2023-10-19 203403.png

personally I think thats not good enough. My kraton is 12s 800kv and geared 36/39. If I were you i'd just do 39/39 or close to it.

personally I think thats not good enough. My kraton is 12s 800kv and geared 36/39. If I were you i'd just do 39/39 or close to it.
Is there a difference between 39/39 and like 47/47 becasue they are both 1/1, right?

I am running 32/39 and it is crazy powerful on 8s with castle electronics. 1100kv 2028. xlx2.

Is there a difference between 39/39 and like 47/47 becasue they are both 1/1, right?
Honestly I'm not sure, I would assume you're correct though. Problem with that idea is you can't do it unless you have an aftermarket motor mount. I forgot what the stock mount maxes out at but I know it's definitely below 47t with a 47t spur.

Honestly I'm not sure, I would assume you're correct though. Problem with that idea is you can't do it unless you have an aftermarket motor mount. I forgot what the stock mount maxes out at but I know it's definitely below 47t with a 47t spur.
I am running 32/39 and it is crazy powerful on 8s with castle electronics. 1100kv 2028. xlx2.
This is my first roller/arrma build car. I changed the order to 28t-32t gears and will mess around with those. Is there anything else I should be looking out for this car, common this that break or preventative maintenance? This is my second bashers car so I don't really know what breaks.

This is my first roller/arrma build car. I changed the order to 28t-32t gears and will mess around with those. Is there anything else I should be looking out for this car, common this that break or preventative maintenance? This is my second bashers car so I don't really know what breaks.
If you do any jumping I would either get spares for these ARA320477, get aftermarket bracing or get the m2c version of the stock part.

https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...ER-BAR-ROD-END/p/478044731/category=136127903

I run 39/39 on one of my builds on the stock motor mount. Im maxed out. 47/47 wont fit on stock motor mount. I think PPS can fit up to a 96 tooth count though.

Id start at a low punch setting.

Last edited:
Any idea what top speed is? I’m sure mine should be around 50-55 with 30/47. What Arrma claims anyway. My yard ain’t big enough to go much faster. LOL 😂
It's about 70 mph. I have same combo and 1 less tooth on pinion than him and no heat issues either.

Any idea what top speed is? I’m sure mine should be around 50-55 with 30/47. What Arrma claims anyway. My yard ain’t big enough to go much faster. LOL 😂
fastest I have clocked is 48mph on grass field. hard to hold full throttle without wheelies.

fastest I have clocked is 48mph on grass field. hard to hold full throttle without wheelies.
Man you gotta work on that trigger finger! Your rig is way faster than that with your gearing! 🤣 😎 👍🏾

Man you gotta work on that trigger finger! Your rig is way faster than that with your gearing! 🤣 😎 👍🏾
yeah, I flipped it over and trashed my gps. just got a new one but we are having non stop rain here so no rc runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back