Outcast Outcast vs LST 3XL-E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm considering getting a Losi lst 3xle, my biggest concern are the diffs? I heard that after you shim them they are bullet proof...thoughts??

If u buy one shim them b4 u drive it or they will blow. For sum reason theres no spider shims, after i replaced and shimmed them no problems so far

I'm considering getting a Losi lst 3xle, my biggest concern are the diffs? I heard that after you shim them they are bullet proof...thoughts??

After i shimmed them i haven't had a problem but from the factory 1 pack and the rear ate both planetarys n front had a couple teeth on 1 missing..but they didn't even shim the spiders in the rebuild kit it comes with shims 4 the spiders so i cant understand y they didnt shim them, u can clearly see y they got toasted on the fist pack. They wernt riding the planetarys they sat low on them and the mesh was bad, the other problem is the 2200kv motor is underpowered in this truck at 15lbs plus battery and there's no way of getting a longer can in it so ur restricted to 75mm . but other then that its a awsome smooth truck it takes landings from 3 times as high as the arrmas with ease the suspension is sweet

After i shimmed them i haven't had a problem but from the factory 1 pack and the rear ate both planetarys n front had a couple teeth on 1 missing..but they didn't even shim the spiders in the rebuild kit it comes with shims 4 the spiders so i cant understand y they didnt shim them, u can clearly see y they got toasted on the fist pack. They wernt riding the planetarys they sat low on them and the mesh was bad, the other problem is the 2200kv motor is underpowered in this truck at 15lbs plus battery and there's no way of getting a longer can in it so ur restricted to 75mm . but other then that its a awsome smooth truck it takes landings from 3 times as high as the arrmas with ease the suspension is sweet
If I get the Losi LST 3XLE I will shim the diffs, and see if it will accept a 4092mm can--not sure it may just fit, or bit a hair too long...I think the Losi 2200kv motor can is 4084mm or 4085mm...I heard it is a rebranded Leopard. If it is in fact 4085, there are other good motors like the CEN Colossus XT 1450KV 4085 motor, I run in my Kraton geared up, or Hobbystar makes nice motors from what I've seen:)

If I get the Losi LST 3XLE I will shim the diffs, and see if it will accept a 4092mm can--not sure it may just fit, or bit a hair too long...I think the Losi 2200kv motor can is 4084mm or 4085mm...I heard it is a rebranded Leopard. If it is in fact 4085, there are other good motors like the CEN Colossus XT 1450KV 4085 motor, I run in my Kraton geared up, or Hobbystar makes nice motors from what I've seen:)

I was thinking hobbystar or even just sticking one of my arrma motors in it 4 now there's maybe a mm to spare with the stock can, for a 2200kv its not bad i just grabbed a new e revo and the losi is 15 lbs compared to the 2018 e revo at 11lbs and i swear the losi has a lil more punch could b just the esc the revos only 120amp vs 150 in the losi time will tell. I just ran them back to back today but man the new e revo is one sweet rig so smooth so balanced n i hate traxxas products....untill this truck lol

I was thinking hobbystar or even just sticking one of my arrma motors in it 4 now there's maybe a mm to spare with the stock can, for a 2200kv its not bad i just grabbed a new e revo and the losi is 15 lbs compared to the 2018 e revo at 11lbs and i swear the losi has a lil more punch could b just the esc the revos only 120amp vs 150 in the losi time will tell. I just ran them back to back today but man the new e revo is one sweet rig so smooth so balanced n i hate traxxas products....untill this truck lol
Nice! I was looking at the new Erevo 2.0. ☺

Nice! I was looking at the new Erevo 2.0. ☺

Im not gna lie i swore I'd never ever buy another traxxas for many obvious reasons first of being traxxas as a corporation trying to b like apple n cuff up newbies n ppl who know no better to there products n parts only.but when they said x maxx grade drivetrain in a 11lb truggie that's got some of the best suspension set up n lower cg with real tires on it i had to know what it could do, if u can wait another 6 weeks or so for traxxas to release them then wait its a sweet sweet truck with just a lil more power under the hood from the factory n bigger battery boxs it would have been. The ultimate rtr by far, but those things can be fixed with a lil time n money...it's really that good

Ill try to put a short video of it out on my bash track tomorrow 4 u. Like i said the arrma trucks have been good to me i really beat the crap out of them on huge jumps that go wrong plenty n they just keep rite on going. In the power department u won't find a better rtr car then the arrma line of 6s brushless especially the typhon its insane with hex extenders from team ae to bolt on proline mx 28s

Wait...what...the 2018 erevo 2.0 only has a 120 amp esc? Are u sure? That's sounds crazy?

Ya im sure the new vxl 6 is 120amp and has no adjustability at all knowing them im sure this is traxxas way of keeping ppl from turning up the punch or changing the power curve and breaking parts so they don't have to warranty parts, i think with a 150amp it would unleash more power from the motor which is very smooth like the 3xle but the 3xle has a 150amp esc and is noticeably more powerful (yes im almost sure the motor is a rebrand leopard also) but other then that so far so good ive put it to the test with stock power and all ive broke was a couple shock rod ends that just pulled out and both the 2075 stock servos crapped out in 3 rides wich was expected also i bent a front suspension push rod....bad landing, and the motor bolts backed out from lack of lock tight (none) from the factory, all minor stuff for the punishment i hand it

Nice! I'd slap a 150 amp esc in there, though you make a good point that the 120 could be in there to help prevent parts breakage...I hope not

I'm waiting for someone to run 8s in it and xmaxx tires I'd like to know how the diffs hold up☺

Last edited:
3xle wheel/tire on the notorious purchased mine tonight. Got a set of 4 for cheap from JRC

I was deciding between the LST 3XL-E and Notorious and went with the Notorious. Not because the $50 difference but many other aspects.

Question: is 2200kv the right motor for that truck size and weight ? And for some reason I never liked Dynamite brand.

How tough are the Diffs ?

I was deciding between the LST 3XL-E and Notorious and went with the Notorious. Not because the $50 difference but many other aspects.

Question: is 2200kv the right motor for that truck size and weight ? And for some reason I never liked Dynamite brand.

I just bought the wheel/tires for the losi for my notorious I will post pics when they arrive possibly Friday. I'm armma all the way the losi looks nice in person but armma is the king with durability and power. I've litterally only broken my wing mouny. every other traxxas Hpi redcat losi i owned before wash the typical wash and repeat charge lipo or add nitro run for 20 if your lucky then head to the hobby shop to waste money on replacing broken parts with my armmas I just bash charge bash charge bash charge...........

Got them in!!!!
0131191251b.jpg
0131191251b.jpg
0131191234a.jpg

Attachments

• 0131191251a.jpg
    0131191251a.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 40
wow ! nice ! please let us know how it performs. I wonder how it would look with the metallic blue notorious body. You should get that blue body just to see how it matches your new wheels LOL

Have fun.

Ran it around the yard and drive way the tires are not ported. Balloning is less than the backflips. Feels very planted traction is improved... stands up easier unfortunately... Ran about 3 mins to damn cold for me.

I’d be worried about heat. How much do they weigh? They look enormous.
Heat where motor diffs esc? On the motor its hard to tell due to the cold weather after running around 10 mins in grass I was to cold and the motor was at around 75 F today is supposed to be in the 50s as long as the rain holds off I will try another run. Oddly the wheels are not vented hopefully this dosent cause an issue

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back