Please be careful when speedrunning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
This happened near a local track. Please be careful. These aren't toys at these speeds...

Update: It was an Arrma Infraction.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/sa...cle_3d5c8ec6-a082-53ac-8d63-9f064f472253.html

Screenshot_20210519-102707.png

Last edited:
I think the majority of us that speed run have more common sense. Sometimes I run and have both my kids with me and they know when I start to get behind my car in case it looses control. As @Doom! said maybe was hitting themselves🤷

The RC, my daughter will get inside my 1:1 car when I start my run and my son will get behind the car again in case the RC looses control at 100+mph they are safe from getting hit. I'm the only one at potential risk of being hit but I try to stand at the rear of my car so again if I need to get out of the way I can step back behind the car.

Sucks to hear but yeah, being careful is common sense. However, for some people common sense is like deodorant, the ones that need it most never use it. He was on a dragway so he was at the most proper place.
Should have been behind the wall though.

You traitor! No European should ever have to use the imperial system! 🤣
Unlike the real world, metric thinkers are a minority on the arrma forum. As 220lbs equals 100kg, it should be obvious my reference point was metric.
I just adapt to the audience.

Yes the driver hit himself and wasn't standing behind protection.

Edited* to remove false information

Last edited by a moderator:
Ek = 1/2 * m * v^2 = 1/2 * 6 * (53.6)^2 = 8619 Joule

Which is similar to 220lbs falling 5ft, if my math is correct
220lb=100kg
5ft=1.5m

Ep= mgh = 100kg x 9.81m/s^2 x 1.5m = 1 471.5 m^2-kg / s^2 or roughly 1500 joules
so it should be much higher than 5ft

Here's my calculation:
let H be the starting height of the 100kg object
100kg x 9.81 m/s^2 x H = 8619 m^2-kg / s^2
H = 8.8 m or almost 29ft

And that was excluding air drag, sooo...

Edited * Reply to inaccurate statement

Last edited:
It gives the hobby a black eye when people get hurt. Can't tell you how many videos on the Tube I've seen with newbs getting these Infractions and Felonys and running in dangerous conditions at high speeds with kids around and blowing thru stop signs etc.

Some member here had a freak accident when his Limitless went crazy and hit him in the leg. He posted a pic here that was disgusting. Hugh gash maby 10 inches long with skin flapped down hanging with muscle exposed. Put him in the hospital for a period of time. His doctor was even shocked by the damage from a RC car. I am more than careful speed running, don't like people just hanging around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back