Typhon Please Help!! I need info on the difference between the Typhon 3s and 6s model. Which one should be my first car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacSpacey

Reaction score
Thank you so much in advance for reading this post and I hope you guys can shed a light on my situation.
I am going to buy a new car and I have chosen to buy a Arrma Typhon BUT I AM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD GO FOR a 3s model or a 6s Model.
Please let me know what you think and what I need to know about the difference between the two.
This help is much appreciated.
I hope that I don't sound too stupid for asking this, but I am a bit concerned about the very high speeds that are capable with the 6s, but is it possible to just use just the one 3s Lipo first? and then get a better grip on the handling and build up some (much needed) experience before I start jumping to the moon? . Because I see it happening in my nightmares that the very first time I will do a run with the 6s installed and I see a jump, And I would hit it like WAY TO FAST on the very first try and destroy all of the car that can be destroyed, because I saw on YouTube that it is capable of going so fast that it is possible to make a bad choice speed wise and then go MUCH to high to be still called a car. And I haven't got any experience with the AIR-CONTROL so if it comes back again to earth after 10 seconds of airtime and it makes contact with the pavement half upside down and / or sideways at 50 +mph It will happen that the wheels will fly around my ears, and I will be devastated. So how do I go and get some insurance that I can't get it up to 110 kph, just yet ??? This is really a nightmare for me and something that I'm really scared about, so maybe guys, you can give me some tips and some reassurance? Is it possible that I can get used to the car with 3s or maybe even 4s. Battery's in them.
Last question ; Does anyone know how fast it runs THEN?? On 3s and 4s??
Thanks so much again for all your responses. Very much appreciated
Macspacey

Yes you can run the 6S on 2S, 3S, 4S, or 6S. I would actually say run it on 4S to start.

I would say they are both worth owning but choosing one is going to come down to how much space you have to run. The 3S would be great for a small yard or track. It will be easier and cheaper in the long run.

The 6S our of the box will be faster and will need more space to stretch its legs. However, maintenance and parts will cost more. There are tons of upgrades available. You can easily spend $2000 on this buggy if you want. Don’t ask me how I know. ?

I always recommend a 3/4s for anyone starting out or their first car. But if someone has the extra $ for a 6s and the ability to wrench and tinker, I say try the 6s. You can still run the 6s on 4s lipo and still be fun and quick geared up.

If i had to start over with what i know now i would definitely get a 6s, no doubts. 1/8 on 6s is simply the best combo of power, weight, durability and handling.
You will get used to it quite fast, all you need is some throttle control.

I have several of each, I do not get into the speed runs or jumping crazy poop and as a result of just being a terrain basher I love them both but find I turn to the 3s most.
Btw the 3s is still pretty fast, just not 6s fast.
Mostly because it is so lightweight and fun to throw around but also because a few 3s batteries let me stay in the game longer as opposed to multiple batteries to run the 6s.
Now with all if that being said, there are still times I reach specifically for a 6s just not near as much.
Good luck.
3s gets my vote.

I say 6s... if you have room. If you stay in the 6s keep the 6s setup and just run it in 50% or 75% until your used to it... When you are used to it then will be the need to upgrade the radio and no need for the governor. No wasting money for 4s batteries unless you have another 4s rig that could use it...

6S gets my vote although the 3S is much lighter and easier to work on. But, if money is an issue, you could get the 3S and also a decent radio for the price of the 6S.

Even 6S eventually gets slow so I wouldnt worry too much about the speed and learning how to handle it. There a plenty of ways to deal with that aspect.

Get the 6s. so you're not mad at yourself later. it's like starting out with a 250 street bike or a 600. yeah the 250 is better for learning but the fun will be lost fast and then you'll regret not going all the way.

Thank you so much in advance for reading this post and I hope you guys can shed a light on my situation.
I am going to buy a new car and I have chosen to buy a Arrma Typhon BUT I AM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD GO FOR a 3s model or a 6s Model.
Please let me know what you think and what I need to know about the difference between the two.
This help is much appreciated.
I hope that I don't sound too stupid for asking this, but I am a bit concerned about the very high speeds that are capable with the 6s, but is it possible to just use just the one 3s Lipo first? and then get a better grip on the handling and build up some (much needed) experience before I start jumping to the moon? . Because I see it happening in my nightmares that the very first time I will do a run with the 6s installed and I see a jump, And I would hit it like WAY TO FAST on the very first try and destroy all of the car that can be destroyed, because I saw on YouTube that it is capable of going so fast that it is possible to make a bad choice speed wise and then go MUCH to high to be still called a car. And I haven't got any experience with the AIR-CONTROL so if it comes back again to earth after 10 seconds of airtime and it makes contact with the pavement half upside down and / or sideways at 50 +mph It will happen that the wheels will fly around my ears, and I will be devastated. So how do I go and get some insurance that I can't get it up to 110 kph, just yet ??? This is really a nightmare for me and something that I'm really scared about, so maybe guys, you can give me some tips and some reassurance? Is it possible that I can get used to the car with 3s or maybe even 4s. Battery's in them.
Last question ; Does anyone know how fast it runs THEN?? On 3s and 4s??
Thanks so much again for all your responses. Very much appreciated
Macspacey
Go with the 6s and run 4s like I do. It's still crazy fast even on 4s. The 3s was nice when I had it, but the 6s is like a tank compared to it.

The 6S is a heavier platform. It’s more powerful yes but carries more momentum in everything it does.
I love my Kraton but chose not to run it if children are running around.
If you have the space, go 6S. There is way more rush in getting it up to speed and jumping and sticking landings. 3S can be just as fast but a lot lighter and easier to make quick adjustments with. Also, the 3S will be more forgiving while learning to drive it if new to the hobby. Both are money pits and lead to buying more RCs so just know this won’t be your only car in a year or two.

My point of view of the 3s and 6s fkr me is this torque and speed are almost the same in my book just taht the motor runs on 3s on the 3s model ebcause its lighter vs 6s for a bigger motor on the 6s motor you can easy wheelie the typhon 3s with a pinion uograde and hit the low 60mph. For me the cost of lipo maintenance and upgrades to do if you want to go crazy is a lot less expensive on the 3s vs 6s
But the 6s can go faster and have higher quality parts like metal diffs ect
Thats only my opinion

Wow Guys I am so glad that I posted my shout out for help. And thanks for the great amount of reactions!!!
Space wise I've got enormous amounts of that. A very big park with low cut grass. Miles and miles worth of gravel roads, a (BIG) BMX track. So know the question becomes, what is the difference in price for the up-keep / maintenance of them and I'd really like to get a couple of upgrades in the near future..... So if i understand correctly the 3s is just as much fun as the 6s, only lighter and not as expensive to run as the 6s.
Plus if I have bought a 3s typhon with a battery of 4 a 5 I can also use them in a Senton that I would get as my 2nd car.
But the other thing is that I am really looking at the 6s and the durability looks so much better in a lot of ways. All that nice aluminum and the 3 diffs and it's a Lil' bit bigger isn't it? Damn, I think it is still not clear for me what to do..... What to do? What to do........ But thank you so very much for your help i REALLY REALLY appreciate this.
MacSpacey from the Netherlands out.
Peace!!!!

Wow Guys I am so glad that I posted my shout out for help. And thanks for the great amount of reactions!!!
Space wise I've got enormous amounts of that. A very big park with low cut grass. Miles and miles worth of gravel roads, a (BIG) BMX track. So know the question becomes, what is the difference in price for the up-keep / maintenance of them and I'd really like to get a couple of upgrades in the near future..... So if i understand correctly the 3s is just as much fun as the 6s, only lighter and not as expensive to run as the 6s.
Plus if I have bought a 3s typhon with a battery of 4 a 5 I can also use them in a Senton that I would get as my 2nd car.
But the other thing is that I am really looking at the 6s and the durability looks so much better in a lot of ways. All that nice aluminum and the 3 diffs and it's a Lil' bit bigger isn't it? Damn, I think it is still not clear for me what to do..... What to do? What to do........ But thank you so very much for your help i REALLY REALLY appreciate this.
MacSpacey from the Netherlands out.
Peace!!!!
If you can afford the 6S, then there is only one other factor left. Are you capable of working on an advanced truck like the 6S? Do you have decent tools or are you willing to buy them? The 3S line can be worked on very easily with just a few basic tools. The 6S will require a few more tools. If that doesn't scare you away, get a K6S or the Mohave depending on which looks better to you.

If you can afford the 6S, then there is only one other factor left. Are you capable of working on an advanced truck like the 6S? Do you have decent tools or are you willing to buy them? The 3S line can be worked on very easily with just a few basic tools. The 6S will require a few more tools. If that doesn't scare you away, get a K6S or the Mohave depending on which looks better to you.
Im sorry but K6S? what is that? A Kraton?
And yes im capable of doing maintenance on vehicles a engineer and studied that so no problems in that area. Plus I've got unlimited space thanks to the a big park like half a mile from my house use. So typhon 6s or typhon 3s plus a senton 3s after a month or so. Greetings Macspacey

Im sorry but K6S? what is that? A Kraton?
And yes im capable of doing maintenance on vehicles a engineer and studied that so no problems in that area. Plus I've got unlimited space thanks to the a big park like half a mile from my house use. So typhon 6s or typhon 3s plus a senton 3s after a month or so. Greetings Macspacey
Yes correct, K6S stands for Kraton 6S but i guess it's a typo and he ment Typhon 6S.
Where do you live in the Netherlands? I'm quite curious about that big park!

Thanks again for the reactions it's Really helping me alot, ps I live in Noord-Brabant, Eindhoven just on the edge where we have the Philips van Lennepark which is a couple of square miles and then 2 kilometers from there we've got the Philips the JonghPark which is very VERY big with alot of dirt roads and alot of grass fields. I think it settles it then. ARRMA TYPHON 6S it's gonna be. I'm so happy that I've come to a decision, all thanks to you great people. Thanks again. Macspacey out, PEACE
Screenshot_20200218_014631_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Screenshot_20200218_015031_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
Screenshot_20200218_014631_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200218_014702_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200218_014702_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back