Power boost from pan car explanation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
let me start by saying, yes… I did google it, in a few different ways, but couldn’t find any info. Clearly I wasnt submitting the appropriate queries.

I’d like to know how the Smart Boost works, and how to best take advantage of its offerings? This brushless system came with a 1/10 pan car I have absolutely no interest in. I would however like to harvest the electronics and transplant them into my Losi Mini 8ight, or the much lower quality; Traxxas Mini Revo If that’s more appropriate. The esc is quite small and I believe meant for an extremely light weight all carbon fibre pan car. The Losi is quite heavy compared to the Revo or the pan car… but maybe that won’t matter 🤷🏼‍♂️.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

IMG_0309.jpeg

Right off the ole google:

Novak’s Smart Boost 1-Cell Li-Po Step-Up Module allows nearly any brushless or brushed speed control, receiver and servo to run on 1-cell Li-Po. This new technology expands racing opportunities for many drivers by reducing racing expenses and track sizes. Helps in SPEC/sanctioned races.

In other words, this unit is very old, and all that type of technology is already built into the newer ESC's.

A google search for "team novak smart boost esc" turned up the following as the first search hit. This will give you the DL on what it does:

https://www.modellsport.gr/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4203&language=en

And here's a link to the manual to show you how it works:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/401789/Novak-Smart-Boost-Basic-Setup-Guide-3-2009.html

I'm from the 80s dirt oval era myself originally and I was always a big fan of Novak elektronics (though that was still the brushed era).

Right off the ole google:

Novak’s Smart Boost 1-Cell Li-Po Step-Up Module allows nearly any brushless or brushed speed control, receiver and servo to run on 1-cell Li-Po. This new technology expands racing opportunities for many drivers by reducing racing expenses and track sizes. Helps in SPEC/sanctioned races.

In other words, this unit is very old, and all that type of technology is already built into the newer ESC's.
Oh so it’s useless beyond 1S? One last question, how do I figure out the KV on that motor?

The Ballistic Brushless Motor series – which consists of six different motor turns: 3.5T - 8.5T (#3603 - #3608)

The 4.5T is rated at 530W kv=9000 (so you can figure the 3.5T would be in the 10-10.5k vicinity). There's also a 13.5T spec and I've also seen a 17.5T Ballistic motor but that one's intended for off-road use. There should be a number printed on the side of the motor indicating the number of turns. Here's a majority of the assortment of Ballistic motors with KV specs for most of them to cross reference it with.

https://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/components.aspx?price=0&brand=77

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back