Car Dealerships' Junk Fees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And he's coming to a state near you. He wants to be president. He's termed out in Cali and working on his 2028 campaign. Notice he's trying to play nice with others. He's currently too mouthy even for his own people and turning a new leaf.

Basically he's a spoiled rich kid that knows how to skirt rules. If he were my kid there would be a good old fashion woodshed involved.
LOL.. Andy (Cuomo) had prez aspirations too..
Then got thrown out on his arse! Thank god for that. We can only hope that folks can see that Calvin isn't any better..🤞

Yeah that Newsome there is scary, Makes Biden look like a walk in the Park. The whole country will become A Cali. The guy is a Nasty Elitist.:mad: As dirty as they come. I don't even think Barack would support Newsome. I could be wrong though. :unsure: Newsome is all that the Libtards really have right now.

Yeah that Newsome there is scary, Makes Biden look like a walk in the Park. The whole country will become A Cali. The guy is a Nasty Elitist.:mad: As dirty as they come. I don't even think Barack would support Newsome. I could be wrong though. :unsure: Newsome is all that the Libtards really have right now.

No good can come from that. He's educated, well spoken (when he's sticking to the script) and charismatic. The problem is he doesn't do what he's told. He needs to be more of a puppet like Kameltoe and Sleepy Joe to get the support from the party. So now he's on the make nice tour.

His father was the family trust lawyer or the Gettys', like oil money Getty. He grew up in their house and is an honorary member of that family. He's related to Aunt Pelosi. All in all he grew up in a position of white privilege and married a Siebel. Her father Ken Siebel moved to Florida (via Montana) because it's too nuts in California. He's worth a metric ton of $$.

Ironically her cousin Thomas Siebel is a the billionaire tech entrepreneur and found of Seibal systems. What's ironic is he helped rebuild the San Mateo shooting range. 😁

Yeah, looks like GM changed their warranty coverage since I last looked. A few years back, my daughter was looking at used cars. 2017 Cruze only had a 3/36 vs Hyundai 5/60. She bought an Elantra. Was an "okay" car..coil issues, which the stealershit gave her the run around on numerous times..they would go bad like clockwork. Which is really strange given my wife's Sonata is 10 years old with 140k and never any coil problems..🤷‍♂️
Just looked it up and, yep same here. 3/36k whichever comes first. Spoke with my cousin about it and she said 2016 was when they went from 5/100k bumper to bumper to the current warranties. Cadillac and Buick had 4/80k until 2018/19. She noted the 3/36k is bumper to bumper yet the power train is 5/60k. Yeah I'm guessing she was trying to sell me again but I may have dashed her hopes by pointing out the 5 year power train is still 40k kms shorter. Really gotta wonder why here. Best guess is GMC knows quality dropped, along with their faith in their products.

Yeah, looks like GM changed their warranty coverage since I last looked. A few years back, my daughter was looking at used cars. 2017 Cruze only had a 3/36 vs Hyundai 5/60. She bought an Elantra. Was an "okay" car..coil issues, which the stealershit gave her the run around on numerous times..they would go bad like clockwork. Which is really strange given my wife's Sonata is 10 years old with 140k and never any coil problems..🤷‍♂️

Don't feel bad my CRX left me hanging with a bad igniter when it was 3 yrs old. It happens even to the best of them.

If they mess around too much you might (depending on state laws) have it declared a lemon and they will replace it new. It's incentive for the dealers to do their job. In Cali is something like they have to "fix it" 3 times and it's declared a lemon. I had a buddy that turned in a Focus RS after 4 years of trouble. Someone else did it too but that was like 20 years ago. So it works to some degree.

Don't feel bad my CRX left me hanging with a bad igniter when it was 3 yrs old. It happens even to the best of them.

If they mess around too much you might (depending on state laws) have it declared a lemon and they will replace it new. It's incentive for the dealers to do their job. In Cali is something like they have to "fix it" 3 times and it's declared a lemon. I had a buddy that turned in a Focus RS after 4 years of trouble. Someone else did it too but that was like 20 years ago. So it works to some degree.
She didn't keep it for long, maybe a year and a half to two. Hammered out the payments and paid off early, then went back to the same stealership and bought a 2 yo Kona awd. She moved to the snow globe as I call it. Tug hill plateau, NY. They get snow by the foot. IDK why she went back to that scumbag stealership, but she's a woman now. Gotta learn for herself. She is..the Kona is the car with the hacked wire harness I spoke of earlier in this thread.. Lia Hyundai, rotten to deal with. But then, aren't they all? Stealerships.

No good can come from that. He's educated, well spoken (when he's sticking to the script) and charismatic. The problem is he doesn't do what he's told. He needs to be more of a puppet like Kameltoe and Sleepy Joe to get the support from the party. So now he's on the make nice tour.

Is that her code name on airforce1?

His father was the family trust lawyer or the Gettys', like oil money Getty. He grew up in their house and is an honorary member of that family. He's related to Aunt Pelosi. All in all he grew up in a position of white privilege and married a Siebel. Her father Ken Siebel moved to Florida (via Montana) because it's too nuts in California. He's worth a metric ton of $$.

Ironically her cousin Thomas Siebel is a the billionaire tech entrepreneur and found of Seibal systems. What's ironic is he helped rebuild the San Mateo shooting range. 😁

Holy Smokes man..!!
Do you have his whole family tree mapped out!?

That's quite a bit of family history.. you're rattling off from your brain.

Last edited:
2/24?! Really? So lame.. a guarantee I wouldn't buy a Toyota new, even if I could afford it. Toyota has been on a steady decline since they started building them in the states from a quality/reliability perspective IMO. Honda too.. I bought my 08 F150 new, the market was prime due to the bank collapse..one and done. Never again will I buy new, or a Ford. I'd rather find something old in decent shape than payments on the new garbage. Regardless of brand.
My last 5 Toyota's were J cars. My current Toyota RAV-4 is a Canadian built. All work the same, last one had 380K, 2017 RAV-4. I only changed the oil, tires and brakes, still had the stock serpentine belt and plugs. Yeah, I drive all GAS-powered RAV-4's, they get great gas mileage, and they have plenty cargo I need with the rear seats folded down. I've sold them all too, Toyota was the only vehicle in the shop only getting oil changes. All the rest were getting torn down. BIG Toyota fanboi here!

My last 5 Toyota's were J cars. My current Toyota RAV-4 is a Canadian built. All work the same, last one had 380K, 2017 RAV-4. I only changed the oil, tires and brakes, still had the stock serpentine belt and plugs. Yeah, I drive all GAS-powered RAV-4's, they get great gas mileage, and they have plenty cargo I need with the rear seats folded down. I've sold them all too, Toyota was the only vehicle in the shop only getting oil changes. All the rest were getting torn down. BIG Toyota fanboi here!
I can only afford beaters these days..as such, I generally avoid domestics since they tend to be less reliable in IMO. I used to steer clear of Korean as well, then when I met my wife, she was driving "the blueberry"..a 2005 Hyundai Tucson, FWD 4 cylinder auto. Gutless turd, LOL. That turd ran 175k with nothing more than oil, timing belt (changed once at 70k), alternator at 150k, brakes, exhaust..made a believer out of me I have to say. Cars don't last here in the rust belt, way she goes, I don't care what cleaning, undercoating regimen you use, they just don't. Mileage is never much consideration when I'm shopping, it's condition that matters, along with origin. I hear german cars are good, then, I hear they're expensive too. Worked on a few Subarus over the years, no thanks. I'll be sticking with the Asian cars for commuters for the rest of my days.

I can only afford beaters these days..as such, I generally avoid domestics since they tend to be less reliable in IMO. I used to steer clear of Korean as well, then when I met my wife, she was driving "the blueberry"..a 2005 Hyundai Tucson, FWD 4 cylinder auto. Gutless turd, LOL. That turd ran 175k with nothing more than oil, timing belt (changed once at 70k), alternator at 150k, brakes, exhaust..made a believer out of me I have to say. Cars don't last here in the rust belt, way she goes, I don't care what cleaning, undercoating regimen you use, they just don't. Mileage is never much consideration when I'm shopping, it's condition that matters, along with origin. I hear german cars are good, then, I hear they're expensive too. Worked on a few Subarus over the years, no thanks. I'll be sticking with the Asian cars for commuters for the rest of my days.
Great choice. If I'm being honest, I've always thought this:

Can American manufacturers build a car that runs longer than and JAP or Korean car? SURE, we could! Will we? NOPE! Why? Because of the 7th deadliest sin. GREED. Why would I build you a car that runs forever? I need you to come back and buy more! On the other hand, If I'm a foreign car manufacturer and want to sell in America and across the world, I better build a better car, otherwise no one would buy me.

Can American manufacturers build a car that runs longer than and JAP or Korean car? SURE, we could! Will we? NOPE! Why? Because of the 7th deadliest sin. GREED. Why would I build you a car that runs forever? I need you to come back and buy more! On the other hand, If I'm a foreign car manufacturer and want to sell in America and across the world, I better build a better car, otherwise no one would buy me.
So true..sad, but true. It's the same for any market to, not just autos.

Dealers are slick.
First, they HATE doing Warranty repairs. Does not benefit them in any way at all. Actually costs them $$. Probably one of the worst parts of their Franchise agreement with All Mfrs.
The service Dept will realize the 2nd time you brought it in for the same Customer complaint that it was never reolved, then make sure to write up the 3rd W/O so it reflects something unrelated to the first 2 complaints. So they can avoid a 3 Lemon strikes and you get a new car. Service depts. play games , and many have no clue how to even fix the issue. The dealer would rather tend to TSB's which means the Mfr. made the defect and has to address all Cars produced, not just yours That's how they avoid buying the car back under the Lemon Law. 99% of the time , you need an atty. to get your car replaced. You can't even get a second opinion from another dealer. The MFR will only accept service documentation from the first Dealer you brought it to. Another dealer sees your issue documented in their system Datbase and won't get their hands dirty. You need Corporate to tell another dealer/ authorize them to take your car for service. Like if you are very far away from the first dealer you brought it to. I been there. And an independant shop can be used to support your claim, only in Court or if they work out a settlement agreement to replace it based on that evidence.

Last edited:
Won't speak for now, but I did get 6 years from GMC(1 year extended on a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty). It very well likely helped that i personally knew the saleswoman. But yeah, for every story like mine there are 20 horrible ones. Store warranties are BS. They basically warranty whats already warrantied by the manufacturer. The only benefit is they exchange directly and send in the product and warranty with manufacturer themselves. A scam, really.
Interestingly, Amazon's warranties are easy pickings. I have a friend who bought Hoons for his Infraction. Had a 2 year Amazon warranty added to them. Claims he has gotten 5 sets for the price of one. Now Asurion refuses rc part warranties.View attachment 337802
Funny you mentioned AMZ protection. I been through like almost a dozen of the GPS Performance analyzers and the first models as well. They are truly junk. Batteries crap out within weeks . So now I got the AMZ protection and saved me like $200.+ when replacing them. They just credit your AMZ account and I buy another. Been working out for me. Because I know these will always absolutely crap out. I Protect them well. Just those dam GPS Lipo packs suck. Very Overpriced garbage if you ask me. I challenge anyone to tell me otherwise. If you don't have issues with yours, it's only because it sits on your shelf never used. I have a bin full of broken ones. Charge it up and it goes dead before you can even get to Speedrun with it. Might get lucky to see one Pass with it. Sky RC ones suck. The Hobby*** branded Clone of it, same thing.
Someone out there needs to make a decent RC GPS Performance/speed analyzer.:unsure:

Last edited:
Is that her code name on airforce1?

Holy Smokes man..!!
Do you have his whole family tree mapped out!?

That's quite a bit of family history..
It's only stalking if you get caught. :sneaky:

He's an all around scumbag.

All that info has been published a few times over. Several of the "non-conforming" websites, i.e. not told what to write, have published it to expose him for the spoiled brat that he is. The negative press really ramped up during Covid after he put the state on lock down and got caught having a no-mask part at a Michelin Star restaurant. Then he did Covid stimulus to the low-income 3 weeks before his recall, but it's not buying votes.

When he was Mayor of SF he started running his mouth by saying on camera
Newsom: "We are going to ban all handguns in SF."​
Report: "Isn't that unconstitutional?"​
Newsom: "Yes, but we are trying to make a point!"​

He was caught sleeping with his best friends wife too. He owned up to it, than changed the conversation.

I hear german cars are good, then, I hear they're expensive too.
I had a 2015 Audi S4. It was reliable and not issues but one, that I think I self imposed. I sold it for two reasons. The first is the cost of maintenance was ridiculous, but as the told me at the service counter, "Sir it IS and S4". To put it in perspective the front brakes are $2K and rear are $1.5K at the dealer. A independent would charge about 20% less. Doing it yourself is a royal PITA, you need some special tools and the procedures are not intuitive.

First, they HATE doing Warranty repairs. Does not benefit them in any way at all. Actually costs them $$. Probably one of the worst parts of their Franchise agreement with All Mfrs.
Not really our problem though. I know the tech can make money if they are good. They also know where to look in the car to find easy money on warranty work too. So at least someone gets paid.

Just had $2300 of warranty work done on the car. I was pretty happy about that.

It is well known that most dealers don't have great service. Just a fact. And many independents as well. My sister thinks like you. Chooses a dealer to buy and service it for years down the road. She calls me downstate here with nightmare stories she deals with. Simple stupid mistakes. I tell her to ask the service writer to have only an ASE certified tech or Honda master tech do the critical work. Never happens. Turns out there are no ASE or Honda schooled techs there. Many just out of gen ed tech schools because they can pay cheap wages. If the dealer gets a complete engine swap repair, many just sub it out to another dealer or independent, this happens all the time. A Honda dealer no less. You never find an old timer, or up to date tech at a dealer. They cost too much to pay. The whole industry is messed up. Trained Techs in general are hard to come by. No one wants that job anymore. They have kids who do lube jobs all day long, and screw that up as well, oil dripping all over the exhaust pipes, Not filled completely, half quart LOW, smoking all over the place and then told to do a brake job. Ends up becoming a cheap new "Pad slap", $600.00 later. My sister was PO'ed at the dealer for sure. Brakes all binding. They never lubed the slider pins or anything. Just a pad slap. She knows cars well enough for a lady. She got that from me. She has her CDL license as well. A real experienced driver. I was a Toy Tech for 8 years and they sent me to Toyota school, dealer paid. Many dealers wont pay for that training anymore. They keep telling some interested techs that they will be Mfr trained, as a dangling carrot.
A master tech cert is what most any dealer tech eventually wants. For better pay. Yet they end up doing all the hard work. The pay never keeps up with the experience. So these techs move on to independent shops, or open their own shop. The Mfrs all know who the best dealers are when it comes to service. Dealers get rated internally by the corporate Car brands. Dealers are lucky if they even have just one Master Certified tech on their payroll. I don't blame the economy. That whole dealership industry has been a bad one. I got out if that for those reasons. A dirty business. Even if you can afford dealer service rates, you rarely get what you pay for.

Last edited:

You're right. They CAN build them to last yet WONT. And when they do get it right, they drop it like it's hot. My 2010 GMC Canyon OffRoad 4x4 is a classic example. Look up the production year online and they say it's one of the years to avoid. It's had a life not unlike many of our RCs. It's been through rivers, pounded through bush off road, often towed more weight than rated for....seriously, I had FUN with this truck over the years. 218 300 kms worth of fun! In that time, yes it's had all the normal wear and tear maintenance yet here is a complete list of the major repairs and servicing it's needed:
*rivers ruined the front passenger hub(replaced both though)(2015)
*the front 4x4 driveshaft replaced after breaking.(2012)
*transmission rebuilt at 210k kms after losing 3rd gear.(2022)
*normally this wouldn't make this list but if you knew the hurdles to replacing it, you would agree, waterpump replaced(2016/2017).
That's it. Not all of of it because the rest (brake calipers/pads/tires/sensors etc) I consider normal for any vehicle. But my engine has never had any servicing or major work done to it. Alot of this could be because of me. Never really had a hell lot of money and I learned young that regular maintenance and treating oil changes like religion pay off. Always had OBD readers for my vehicles because I'm one of those guys who sees the "check engine" light and obsesses as to why it came on. And deals with it. Yeah it's true that usually it's a sensor causing it and most of the time the vehicle can run fine without it. But I'm like a cat chasing a laser in trying to kill that little light on the dash......

You're right. They CAN build them to last yet WONT. And when they do get it right, they drop it like it's hot. My 2010 GMC Canyon OffRoad 4x4 is a classic example. Look up the production year online and they say it's one of the years to avoid. It's had a life not unlike many of our RCs. It's been through rivers, pounded through bush off road, often towed more weight than rated for....seriously, I had FUN with this truck over the years. 218 300 kms worth of fun! In that time, yes it's had all the normal wear and tear maintenance yet here is a complete list of the major repairs and servicing it's needed:
*rivers ruined the front passenger hub(replaced both though)(2015)
*the front 4x4 driveshaft replaced after breaking.(2012)
*transmission rebuilt at 210k kms after losing 3rd gear.(2022)
*normally this wouldn't make this list but if you knew the hurdles to replacing it, you would agree, waterpump replaced(2016/2017).
That's it. Not all of of it because the rest (brake calipers/pads/tires/sensors etc) I consider normal for any vehicle. But my engine has never had any servicing or major work done to it. Alot of this could be because of me. Never really had a hell lot of money and I learned young that regular maintenance and treating oil changes like religion pay off. Always had OBD readers for my vehicles because I'm one of those guys who sees the "check engine" light and obsesses as to why it came on. And deals with it. Yeah it's true that usually it's a sensor causing it and most of the time the vehicle can run fine without it. But I'm like a cat chasing a laser in trying to kill that little light on the dash......
I made the joint that I use for oil changes special order me AMS OIL for my cars, screw dealers! It costs me $20 more a change but IMO worth it. HUGE believer in fluid changes quite frequently. I actually do my trans fluid every 20K and my oil at 3k synthetic. Toy calls for 100K on the trans flush and 5K oil changes, no way Jose! I've done an oil change on a Monday and a Friday the same week before, busy 3K weeks.

On a side note, I've also seen some Toyotas come back on lease with average mileages after 3 years, 36K roughly with 0 oil changes and 0 problems. 🤷‍♂️

Never happens. Turns out there are no ASE or Honda schooled techs there. Many just out of gen ed tech schools because they can pay cheap wages.
Funnily, many of the BEST mechanics I knew and met had exactly ZERO training or credentials to be a mechanic.
Reminds me of the time I had new tires put on my old GMC Sonoma 4x4. Dropped it of at Crappy Tire, paid for new GY Territories, came back in the evening only to see the work not done. Got into an argument with their service tech who is trying to explain to me, with all his credentials backing up his assessment that my wheel were seized onto the hubs. He takes me out into the service bay to show me how he can't pull tire off. First thing I did was ask him to lower the lift so I can see the top side and as soon as he did, I kicked the damn tire and wouldn't you know it. The tire pops off. And my takeaway from that experience was "all that money and time for all those fancy papers and yet not a lick of common sense was taught to him?" I find it hard to believe he was THAT stupid and was just trying to scam what he saw as a deaf dummy......
Hands on experience will always top textbook credentials.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back