PSA Kraston 8s exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figure $1600. minimum to have one up and running without major issues when all is said and done.
That's the nut I anticipate. I am good with that. 6 months from now I'll pull that plug. For now it sits in my bank collecting dust patiently.
Many forget that the first K8 was a mess. 🤷‍♂️ No one can dispute this.:)
I am not a pioneer these days. I will wait.

Yep. Bad for them since I only gave them a passing glace. Too bad for Arrma that there are options in nearly all cases for upgrading RCs, from aftermarket to industrial parts. Take the bellcrank for example, I'm more or less speechless on the price. But there are 3-4 alternatives of that alone. I broke the stock one in the K8S very early on, replaced it with the GPM & never thought about it again. So when I saw it on Ali for $25, I bought 2 more - one for the O8S that still has the stock parts & another since shipping was free over $50 & it was $12 just to ship 1. So I ended up with an extra one for this rig, whenever I pull the trigger. I want to see if that chassis can handle business.
I've yet to have any issues with the bellcrank on my Outcast 8s and I haven't treated this thing nicely 🤔. I've broken the bolts in the steering link that connects to the hubs, but that is easy to replace.

Last edited:
Well im just going to say ,,Arrma wouldn't do that poop if ppl didnt run out and buy that crap right away just because it say EXB on it.. Like i said a few of us should be able to test them out before that lable is handed out. No golden spoon hear .. I built my own EXB.

Well im just going to say ,,Arrma wouldn't do that poop if ppl didnt run out and buy that crap right away just because it say EXB on it.. Like i said a few of us should be able to test them out before that lable is handed out. No golden spoon hear .. I built my own EXB.
I was really surprised when it dropped and not 1 person had a running video uploaded. Rich duperbash got a suprise on his door step of 1 after it was released. Haven't heard of anyone else getting 1 yet in the YouTube world.

I was really surprised when it dropped and not 1 person had a running video uploaded. Rich duperbash got a suprise on his door step of 1 after it was released. Haven't heard of anyone else getting 1 yet in the YouTube world.
Just bent another rear shock shaft and broke a shock rod end AGAIN on my last run with my O8S . I'm not holding my breath with the EXB shocks. TBH this issue is getting old. It looks like if you are going to air out these 8s Arrma rigs high, you will need some stronger shocks and shock rod ends. And my front diff is making noise. But that's the first time I've had a noisy diff since I've been abusing it.

Just bent another rear shock shaft and broke a shock rod end AGAIN on my last run with my O8S . I'm not holding my breath with the EXB shocks. TBH this issue is getting old. It looks like if you are going to air out these 8s Arrma rigs high, you will need some stronger shocks and shock rod ends. And my front diff is making noise. But that's the first time I've had a noisy diff since I've been abusing it.
Well hope the diff is ok and just a bearing. Been doing homework all morning to see the common issues people have had and arms,shocks,wing mount and bell crank seem to be the biggest problem point.

An EXB should have all the EXB parts, period. Makes no sense to have EXB upgrades for an EXB.
I totally agree with the above..!!

If it doesn't have all the EXB parts straight out the box how is it an EXB 🤔🤪

I still want it though, but i won’t by it. It’s like a warm beer!
Just buy a used rtr and upgrade from there. At least you have electronics and most are around $700 with mods already done

Just buy a used rtr and upgrade from there. At least you have electronics and most are around $700 with mods already done
Good idea, i’m a little done with my K6s. Got it 5 years ago as a V2 and only the front body posts and the battery tray are original. Just installed some new V5 shocks from Jenny’s and the amount of play makes ‘m look like banana’s. Don’t like it.
I’m doubting between another large scale (got the X-Maxx) like the K8S or DBXL-E or a race spec truggy Mugen/Xray/Tekno.

Good idea, i’m a little done with my K6s. Got it 5 years ago as a V2 and only the front body posts and the battery tray are original. Just installed some new V5 shocks from Jenny’s and the amount of play makes ‘m look like banana’s. Don’t like it.
I’m doubting between another large scale (got the X-Maxx) like the K8S or DBXL-E or a race spec truggy Mugen/Xray/Tekno.
The mt or et from tekno are amazing. I had the mt410 and loved it. Sold it to fund my first arrma and I miss it. I will definitely be getting another in the future.

^^^This.
Said the exact same to myself. Like WTF up with this already.
My barometer with the new Arrma released rigs has always been when Rich D or RC dude get there running Demo Up. The way it it should be. 🤷‍♂️ Or has been that way.

^^^This.
Said the exact same to myself. Like WTF up with this already.
My barometer with the new Arrma released rigs has always been when Rich D or RC dude get there running Demo Up. The way it it should be. 🤷‍♂️ Or has been that way.
Yup

Meh, "influencers" aren't really my thing. Doesn't matter who gets a pre-release in my book. I'd rather real honest reviews of a product from someone that spent their earned dollar on it.

We can expect a running Demo now from any YT'er at this point in time. These are already in the hands of buyers. A good thing I guess. 👍 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back