Kraton question about warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check to make sure your esc fan is plugged in correctly and not causing the esc to go into program mode.
What brand, mah, C rating, age etc are your batteries?
That can make a huge difference how the truck runs.

I am running two SMC 4300mah 3s 40c batteries if my calculations are right that is 172amps likely burst, I guess that is constant, burst is 80c, I may try unplugging the fan to see if that changes anything the fan is perfectly functional... The failure I is intermittent I ran it once when I got the esc back in the snow with sling shot paddles on it, no issues ran it till the red LED went off (cutoff light) then again I ran it with fully charged packs like I did last time, and I got a green blinking light at 3.9volts per cell as per the checker...

The cutoff is at 3.4 volts per cell I checked the packs were done, I don't usually run them that low... I am really considering getting a used mamba monster combo.... So, I guess likely monday I will call them again, and ask about my 20 ton press tactic, I think its genius and would be a stress reliever, take a video of me squashing it flat as a pancake and get a new unit :D:D

Guys what do you think I should do? Call them back again? And talk about my idea as dumb as it may sound about crushing it to save money on shipping it back again....

I am so unbelievably disappointed with arrma support, my esc full crapped out this time, this time with fully charged batteries it ran for an impressive 12 seconds before it crapped out! Crushing it and taking a video, would save a lot of time! I am calling them back Tuesday! Nobody seems to care.... Great

I am so unbelievably disappointed with arrma support, my esc full crapped out this time, this time with fully charged batteries it ran for an impressive 12 seconds before it crapped out! Crushing it and taking a video, would save a lot of time! I am calling them back Tuesday! Nobody seems to care.... Great
What do you mean "crapped out"? I wouldn't "crush" the esc because they will not replace it if you do so. Also, Arrma replaced my ESC with a brand new one free of charge.

What do you mean "crapped out"? I wouldn't "crush" the esc because they will not replace it if you do so. Also, Arrma replaced my ESC with a brand new one free of charge.
Well its the fact that its more of a waste of shipping money to send it back twice... As in crapped out I mean it just stopped responding to throttle input on and off and then just stopped altogether... I don't want to play this game of cat and mouse with the esc, even in my letter I explained that I don't want the one I sent back and what do you know they sent it back... Lovely
I get a pulse of the motor and a red light upon startup and this time no status lights it just doesn't work at all, I checked all my connections too

Well its the fact that its more of a waste of shipping money to send it back twice... As in crapped out I mean it just stopped responding to throttle input on and off and then just stopped altogether... I don't want to play this game of cat and mouse with the esc, even in my letter I explained that I don't want the one I sent back and what do you know they sent it back... Lovely
It cost me $7 to ship mine across border to Illinois. I would rather send it back for another $7, or you could buy a new one for $140... and you could "crush" the old one!

Well, I did save the invoice that they sent in the box, so yea lol... I will call them back and ask if I can literally just exchange the old one for a new one... Like I would pay the money to ship it there, and once they receive it, they send me a new one. The receiver is working as well, I checked every single port and played around with the throttle trim, nothing

It cost me $7 to ship mine across border to Illinois. I would rather send it back for another $7, or you could buy a new one for $140... and you could "crush" the old one!

Well, I did save the invoice that they sent in the box, so yea lol... I will call them back and ask if I can literally just exchange the old one for a new one... Like I would pay the money to ship it there, and once they receive it, they send me a new one. The receiver is working as well, I checked every single port and played around with the throttle trim, nothing
I stated in my letter that it was flashing green and was faulty. And told them that it would be a waste of my time to re-send it again if it was not faulty. So they sent me a new one. I didn't even call them, I just sent it back the same day in the same box and everything.

I stated in my letter that it was flashing green and was faulty. And told them that it would be a waste of my time to re-send it again if it was not faulty. So they sent me a new one. I didn't even call them, I just sent it back the same day in the same box and everything.
What is interesting now the esc will not arm and there is not flashing green light at all lol no lights actually... Ugh I have the invoice but not the same box :( I will give them a call tuesday or should I just send an email with all the invoice details and my issue and stating how I would appreciate a new one?

Ahh guys I love how the warranty plays games with me, my esc is fully USELESS now, I talked about how I wanted to send it back TODAY and have a new one sent, I did the re-calibration over the phone, it appeared to fix it, then I spent a lot of time reinstalling the esc, and then BAM its broken again as in no LED light notifications or whatever...!! It has a minor burnt smell to it, and I am starting to get pretty fed up. Calling them back again tomorrow... Errgg, I am now going to insist that they cover shipping back to them, and I get this junker of an esc off my hands!

Last edited:
Ahh guys I love how the warranty plays games with me, my esc is fully USELESS now, I talked about how I wanted to send it back TODAY and have a new one sent, I did the re-calibration over the phone, it appeared to fix it, then I spent a lot of time reinstalling the esc, and then BAM its broken again as in no LED light notifications or whatever...!! It has a minor burnt smell to it, and I am starting to get pretty fed up. Calling them back again tomorrow... Errgg, I am now going to insist that they cover shipping back to them, and I get this junker of an esc off my hands!
Turned out it wasn't even my ESC that was faulty. One of the charging leads on my battery became disconnected.

IMG_20170406_155248.jpg
ARRMA plays the waiting game, they are terrible, and promise things they don't deliver.

The same happened to me, bad pinion and spur gear, and also stated new wheels, and HOBBICO sent me a cheap asxz some brand (NOT ARRMA) pinion gear, and the wrong spec, 12T, when factory is 13T. They never sent me the tires and wheels, and did not send the spur gear.

I dealt with Redcat with a bad ESC, and a video was enough for them to send me a new one. A week and a half later the rx and steering servo went bad, they did not even ask for a video, no questions asked, boom, delivered within 5 days.

ARRMA may have great RCs, but on the customer side, they are poor, play the naive lack of communication roll. This deal that one submits the claim through ARRMA, then Hobbico responds, but Tower Hobbies sends the item, its just another strategy to play a goose chase.

20130912_124934_.jpg

Last edited:
ARRMA plays the waiting game, they are terrible, and promise things they don't deliver.

The same happened to me, bad pinion and spur gear, and also stated new wheels, and HOBBICO sent me a cheap asxz some brand (NOT ARRMA) pinion gear, and the wrong spec, 12T, when factory is 13T. They never sent me the tires and wheels, and did not send the spur gear.

I dealt with Redcat with a bad ESC, and a video was enough for them to send me a new one. A week and a half later the rx and steering servo went bad, they did not even ask for a video, no questions asked, boom, delivered within 5 days.

ARRMA may have great RCs, but on the customer side, they are poor, play the naive lack of communication roll. This deal that one submits the claim through ARRMA, then Hobbico responds, but Tower Hobbies sends the item, its just another strategy to play a goose chase.

20130912_124934_.jpg
Guys, I found axial support to be excellent, and hobbyking support, axial is the same parent company, I really hate playing this game, the mamba monster combo is LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER DAY BY DAY!!! The esc went back with a pretty harsh and to the point note! It was fairly harsh depicting that I DO NOT under any circumstances want the esc back! I love my arrma kraton, oddly, before, they sent me some driveshafts free of charge when I had a bent one out of the box... Not as much trouble as this esc thing:( I want my kraton back before, I was playing with 6s lipo power and hanging 12'o clock wheelies down the beach with pl slingshots! I want that back!

Not to mention, they wasted a week plus of my time before, I actually had to prompt them and they did it through Tower Hobbies and amazingly didn't fix my issue, they sent the old esc back! I have now wasted about $14 shipping it back and forth!

And to show I am not lying, here are the parts from Redcat, no questions asked, just a simple video. ARRMA/ Hobbico/ Tower Hobbies who knows... is far from providing great customer service.

Let us know how it goes on the setup as I am planning on converting one of my nitro buggies to BL.

IMG_20170406_165028.jpg

** Almost forgot, they also sent a servo saver.

So guys, my esc has entered arrma's hands for the second time, hoping for better luck this time, and they acknowledged my recent follow up email about how I do not want the old esc back, and how it works intermittently etc... Hopefully this gets taken care of properly:)

The follow up email states(what I sent): Hi guys, this esc has previously been sent in for repair/inspection via the enclosed invoice, I would really appreciate a replacement as the note states! Thank you:) Not trying to sound rude, but I have tested the esc works intermittently and sometimes doesn't work at all.
-Spence

They said that they will take care of it, and I really do hope so, I have confidence.

Who knows, by their latest actions, hopefully you don't get a Hobby Wing ESC, ja ja...

Like it happened to me where they sent me another brand pinion.

hwa30112000.jpg

Well guys, they acknowledged my semi angry note about how I DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WANT THE OLD UNIT BACK, and I will likely call soon, but today, I got a notification that they shipped something back to me, I really pray that it isn't the same unit! I don't have any details on the work order, but I can only pray at this point, wait til Tuesday as I am busy with work Monday after-school...

That ARRMA HOBBICO, you don't even know whats coming in the mail...

Same thing they did to me, good luck.

Crappy customer service, hit or miss.

That ARRMA HOBBICO, you don't even know whats coming in the mail...

Same thing they did to me, good luck.

Crappy customer service, hit or miss.
I have to disagree. They have have been great with me. Also, the shipping has been fairly quick. (4-5 days)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back