Talion Racing talion

21STalion

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
NICE! Sick paint job on that body. What is it?
Thanks! It's a Kyosho MP10E

We got 6 kyoshos' at our private track now so we are slowly becoming team Kyosho North West over here lol

We were doing major work to the track all weekend making it better ... Paving that underpass... rebuilding the bridge ... Whole track is just about minimum 8' wide now
Screenshot_20220419-122441.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-122258.jpg

IMG_20220417_185109.jpg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
did you have to rent a uhaul to get all that piping? :D Looks great!

Here's what I've been working on. I've never even been to a real track so I'm not really sure what I want out of it. The first iteration was all just a bunch of sticks for border because I wasn't sure if it would stay that way or what. I found a bunch of piping behind my barn that's been there since we moved in and put that to use. Version 1 was about 4 feet wide. Oh man that was rough. Version 2 is 13 feet wide. MUCH higher speed. :D

2nd pic I traced the track with the pen on my phone. The pic is a panorama so the chicane in the middle is way distorted, but you get the idea. :)

It's public property, so I can't really just do whatever I want with the dirt. I did mow the grass though. LOL What you see on the near side of the fence is my land. I stand on my retaining wall and have a decent view of the track.

20220419_141721.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-142703_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

21STalion

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
did you have to rent a uhaul to get all that piping? :D Looks great!

Here's what I've been working on. I've never even been to a real track so I'm not really sure what I want out of it. The first iteration was all just a bunch of sticks for border because I wasn't sure if it would stay that way or what. I found a bunch of piping behind my barn that's been there since we moved in and put that to use. Version 1 was about 4 feet wide. Oh man that was rough. Version 2 is 13 feet wide. MUCH higher speed. :D

2nd pic I traced the track with the pen on my phone. The pic is a panorama so the chicane in the middle is way distorted, but you get the idea. :)

It's public property, so I can't really just do whatever I want with the dirt. I did mow the grass though. LOL What you see on the near side of the fence is my land. I stand on my retaining wall and have a decent view of the track.

View attachment 212862
View attachment 212863
Looks like a great start!
Our track has been a work in progress about 10 years so the materials were slowly
acquired
I didn't build it I just help out here and there and race as much as I can

Just installed a MyLaps system so we can get the lap times - game changer!

Wish I had a better picture... You can see the race stand in this one. Benches behind too

Screenshot_20220419-134019.jpg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I finally got around to setting droop. I set mine up just like you suggested at +3 front / +6 rear and ya, it turns a lot better. :) This also helped an issue where I would hit a certain bump in the track and the rear end would try to jump over the front and would go into a cartwheel down the track. That issue isn't totally fixed yet but WAY better. Before I had to either slow way down if I couldn't avoid the bump, or go around it if I could. I still can't take it full throttle, but a big step in the right direction. The bump in question isn't very big, maybe 1-2" dip before it, and 2-3" rise. Not a jump at all, just an irregularity in the track that goes about 1/2 way across the lane.

Anyway, I'm going to have to do some more research on what suspension setup to see if I can dial that in a little more.

21STalion

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I finally got around to setting droop. I set mine up just like you suggested at +3 front / +6 rear and ya, it turns a lot better. :) This also helped an issue where I would hit a certain bump in the track and the rear end would try to jump over the front and would go into a cartwheel down the track. That issue isn't totally fixed yet but WAY better. Before I had to either slow way down if I couldn't avoid the bump, or go around it if I could. I still can't take it full throttle, but a big step in the right direction. The bump in question isn't very big, maybe 1-2" dip before it, and 2-3" rise. Not a jump at all, just an irregularity in the track that goes about 1/2 way across the lane.

Anyway, I'm going to have to do some more research on what suspension setup to see if I can dial that in a little more.

Yeah I was thinking about trying another mm or two droop but the weather has be lousy

L3phturn

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
Looks like a great start!
Our track has been a work in progress about 10 years so the materials were slowly
acquired
I didn't build it I just help out here and there and race as much as I can

Just installed a MyLaps system so we can get the lap times - game changer!

Wish I had a better picture... You can see the race stand in this one. Benches behind too

View attachment 212864
Wow this is awesome! Way better back yard than boring grass. 👍

L3phturn

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
That was about probably$18k CAD for the materials wood/dirt/pipe

That bridge and underpass is probably one or two grand

Lots of fun lol

They might start charging soon...
If that was anywhere near me I’d definitely pay in cash, beer, materials, labor, or all of the above.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Talion
I set mine up for racing. Currently has an XR8 Pro ESC, BLX185 motor and PowerHobby 729MBL servo. Differentials are 10k/5k/3k and shocks are 70w front and 60w rear. Need to setup proper height and droop. I’m gonna change tires to Duratrax posse zero offset wheels (practice tires). My local track runs Holeshots. Future plans include a new proline Axis body and some track time.

DACC68FB-396F-4954-9D01-FE55AD3EEEE1.jpeg