Radiolink RC8X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really tempting

(if you want a throttle control for speed running) Radiolink's throttle speed function at best can do a 2-3 second throttle ramp-up.
The one on the Noble NB4 is much better.
If you don't mind, could you go into detail about this? I would like to make the suggestion to radiolink to work on this feature but I'm kind of ignorant on it. They seem really receptive to feedback though, someone actually mentioned it on their post about the RC8x and they asked for more details but the guy never responded.

I'm willing to bet they would make this feature better if people brought it to their attention.

I can find specific settings later. What the RC7 can do,
You can program a ramp going from neutral to full throttle in a specified time frame I. e. you hammer the throttle but it will ramp up slowly over 2s.
Only problem on RC7 is that it will do this both ramping up but also when going down. That is a bit annoying, you want the throttle to react immediately going back.
What we want is a programmable ramp for throttle, going to full speed. Should be programmable in 0.1s increments. Range would be 1-10s(or longer) , typical 5s ramp for speed runs.
By all means, if that function could be implemented on every channel, independently in every direction, every aspect would be covered.
This ramp should take the Expo setting into account, which is the default, just don't want that to change.

I can find specific settings later. What the RC7 can do,
You can program a ramp going from neutral to full throttle in a specified time frame I. e. you hammer the throttle but it will ramp up slowly over 2s.
Only problem on RC7 is that it will do this both ramping up but also when going down. That is a bit annoying, you want the throttle to react immediately going back.
What we want is a programmable ramp for throttle, going to full speed. Should be programmable in 0.1s increments. Range would be 1-10s(or longer) , typical 5s ramp for speed runs.
By all means, if that function could be implemented on every channel, independently in every direction, every aspect would be covered.
This ramp should take the Expo setting into account, which is the default, just don't want that to change.
Thank you

Wants to look like a Futaba. Will never be one however. :giggle:

I wonder if the Range will also be on par with the 4GS and 6GS.....:unsure:
What a disappointment that would be, if it were not, and at that pricepoint.:rolleyes:
SkyRC NB4 and Pro version seem to be its competitors. More so the Pro. ( display wise and price)
NB4 seems to be a good value. Priced in the middle.
Un-modded, my 6GS is best for my speed runs.
I have a 10PX and I wish I knew this was coming out I would have bought the radio link instead… it’s because the 10PX does not have head tracking/trainer port 😞
I have a 10PX and I wish I knew this was coming out I would have bought the radio link instead… it’s because the 10PX does not have head tracking/trainer port 😞
Check out my instagram for my build of the Kraton 8s @ TSRGTR77

Wonder what happened though, they were all supposed to be in stock Oct. 7th. Nothing is showing.
yea on facebook they kept saying 2-3 weeks, 3 weeks ago. Nothing since.

1665547228696.png

You can buy it on aliexpress for 300 but I'm waiting for it to hit Amazon before I consider it lol.

While I doubt they'll do anything (I don't see a corporate giant like Futaba catering to the niche needs of a small speed running community...maybe they'll surprise us. I doubt they will, but I figured it was worth asking), this motivated me to request this feature on Futaba's 7PXR as well.

While I doubt they'll do anything (I don't see a corporate giant like Futaba catering to the niche needs of a small speed running community...maybe they'll surprise us. I doubt they will, but I figured it was worth asking), this motivated me to request this feature on Futaba's 7PXR as well.
wow I thought the futaba had the feature tbh. Is it only the noble and perfect pass?

wow I thought the futaba had the feature tbh. Is it only the noble and perfect pass?
Futaba only offers three seconds of delay that can be set up in one, two, or three steps. The NB4 is the only one I know of that offers long delays. I'm not sure about Sanwa transmitters. Interestingly, no one on here seems to use them. I know they're really popular in the drag and drifting scene.

I'm not sure about Sanwa transmitters. Interestingly, no one on here seems to use them. I know they're really popular in the drag and drifting scene.

I use them, I have like 4 Sanwa radios. They're the best brand IMO, for actually controlling an RC car.

I use them, I have like 4 Sanwa radios. They're the best brand IMO, for actually controlling an RC car.
Oh right on. That makes you the first :) I would like to try one someday. I'm certain their popularity is not without reason. Then perhaps you can answer the question of what the maximum programmable throttle delay is on a Sanwa transmitter?

Oh right on. That makes you the first :) I would like to try one someday. I'm certain their popularity is not without reason. Then perhaps you can answer the question of what the maximum programmable throttle delay is on a Sanwa transmitter?

I have no idea. I want zero delay on my radios. If you really want to know, look up on the manual on the model you are interested in.

1665727685586.png

Feelsbad, how he go from 3 weeks to a potential 5+ weeks on top of it?

Patiently waiting, I'm gonna get one. In-house new release hang ups, I feel them right now, it's a mother f*cker. Can almost guarantee some puckered butts the last few months somewhere down the line.
lol man tbh I don't even know what half the stuff my rc6gs can even do so this new one is going to have me super lost. I really don't have a need for any of that stuff but holy smokes will I be stylin and profiling. :ROFLMAO:

Admittedly I'm getting it for two new reasons, cheap quickly accessed receivers, and I like the way it looks compared to the low-end looking/feeling RC6GS. I'm really satisfied with it's function though.

If there was another brand I could get $15 receivers on Amazon prime, with the range and function of the Radiolink I'd seriously consider those too. I don't know of any though.

Back