Radiolink RC8X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admittedly I'm getting it for two new reasons, cheap quickly accessed receivers, and I like the way it looks compared to the low-end looking/feeling RC6GS. I'm really satisfied with it's function though.

If there was another brand I could get $15 receivers on Amazon prime, with the range and function of the Radiolink I'd seriously consider those too. I don't know of any though.
That's literally the reason I was so hyped too. Funny enough, a week before it was announced I was thinking "sure would be nice if radiolink came out with a higher end radio like the noble". I have like 24 rigs and all of them have radiolink rx so there is basically no way I'm switching brands at this point 🤣

Have you guys had any rx just die on you? I've had 2 radiolink rx just basically die and no longer work even though they power up. I've also had 2 steering knobs just make a weird noise and then basically go limp.

I had to order replacement steering for the rc6gs from aliexpress. Thankfully they're only 10$ each but it sucks to have it randomly just happen. It's like the steering knob just loses it's ability to snap back. Ofc they aren't even on amazon so I ordered a bunch of them just in case lol.

I have 3 receivers in constant use, none of them failed 'randomly' I did get one wet, learned my lesson and waterproofed the others.
Another I blew up connecting the voltage sense line, don't reverse... Still works but not the sensor.

I must be unlucky or something. Granted, considering I've bought 20+ I guess they can't all be perfect. We've had that steering knob go limp in 2 out of 4 radios though. I've never actually had it happen to me personally but the wifey has managed it twice now and she swears up and down she not doing anything weird with it lol.

I must be unlucky or something. Granted, considering I've bought 20+ I guess they can't all be perfect. We've had that steering knob go limp in 2 out of 4 radios though. I've never actually had it happen to me personally but the wifey has managed it twice now and she swears up and down she not doing anything weird with it lol.
I think you just solved the puzzle, or half of it.

Still gotta figure out the failing rx's.

I'm really on the fence here about all this. Alot of cool features, but most I may never use. I have 4 rigs now, all have the 7rcgs receivers so it kind of makes sense to stay with Radiolink. I already have plans to mod my 6gs transmitter with a range extender for next year. So like most, I may wait and see what happens with the price and give RL time to knock any kinks out of it. Awhile ago, I had one of my crawlers sh1t the bed before I got out the the parking lot and a friend loaned me his #45 TF3(He was part of the test group for RC4WD). Nice truck but really, it was the Futaba 3px that had me crawling like a pro. The response times blew RL out of the water. And he said that transmitter was one "of the worst Futabas" compared to the newer ones. He has a 10px for his Wrecker, but so far he's been smart enough to not put that in my hands lol.
Slowly, I'm learning there's far more to RCing and the quality of RCing. And that you really do get what you pay for. Just Friday I put a new Castle Mamba X in my Axial SCX10.iii and noticed two things right away:
1. Motor is smaller and less kv than my AXE 3300kv was. But 3 times faster(almost as fast as my 3s Senton) and has torque for days!
2. For the first time since I owned that Axial, I managed a session(3 hours is norm) on ONE 3s 5500Mah battery. I'm guessing this means the Castle system is more efficient with little power wastage.

My point to the second half is the same guy who told me to get the Mamba X before I got the AXE is telling me to pay the extra $400 for a 10px and thank him later..
received_796681084900449.jpeg
received_3320805228159213.jpeg

For years Ive been thinking about trying the Orange RC rx's.
They are like 30 bucks and say they work with Futaba FASST and my left hand steer 4PX that I truly miss using.
Anyone ever try them?

OrangeRCRX

I've got no real problem shelling out the bigger bucks for a Futaba tx, where I will always get stuck though is the IMO-overpriced $80-$100 receivers.
Idk
Every time I try to “save money” it never works out and I end up with what I really wanted in the first place, hence i bought a 10px but that was after a 3pv and 4pm. And granted, I only have e 2 rigs so I don’t have to buy a lot receivers but luviin the 10px.

Awhile ago, I had one of my crawlers sh1t the bed before I got out the the parking lot and a friend loaned me his #45 TF3(He was part of the test group for RC4WD). Nice truck but really, it was the Futaba 3px that had me crawling like a pro. The response times blew RL out of the water. And he said that transmitter was one "of the worst Futabas" compared to the newer ones.

Very true.

I told RL a long time ago they need to work on their controls, because while they have all these cool whiz bang features and stuff, it doesn’t mean anything unless it actually drives a car properly.

For years Ive been thinking about trying the Orange RC rx's.
They are like 30 bucks and say they work with Futaba FASST and my left hand steer 4PX that I truly miss using.
Anyone ever try them?

OrangeRCRX
Interesting.....

Says it's on backorder though.

Very true.

I told RL a long time ago they need to work on their controls, because while they have all these cool whiz bang features and stuff, it doesn’t mean anything unless it actually drives a car properly.
whats wrong with RL?

whats wrong with RL?
To me, they feel really cheap. I feel a lot more in control and connected to my car with Futaba, if that makes sense. To be fair, I've only ever tried their RC6GS so I don't know about their other models. But that's only my own subjective experience.

whats wrong with RL?
Nothing is wrong with the RadioLink if you don't know what you're missing. I LOVE my RadioLink. But take this into consideration: I've only ever had or used the RedCat(blackout), Tactic(Sentons), and RadioLink. I've bought, tried, and hated DumboRc. So to me, the RadioLink was the best of what I tried until I had an opportunity to use another friend's crawler hooked up to an "inferior Futaba". Only then did I see a difference. This doesn't mean RadioLink is crap or I'm rushing out to buy Futabas. It simply means that now I know there is far better should I want or need to go that route. I'm sure there are others better than RadioLink, but I've no personal experience with them.
The RC world has alot of snobs, more so in crawling(imo), and the same guy above tells everyone in our rc groups that "opinions are like @ssholes, all that matters is if you're having fun".

Yea I guess I don't know what I'm missing as radiolink is all I've used besides spektrum and it felt great compared to that and the price was right with tons of features so I've been happy with it minus that damn steering knob 🤣. I wish I could see temps and stuff but meh.

Back