Ramps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used pressure treated 2x4s for all the structure on mine with a hdpe top (thanks johndilly and whoever recommended it to him!) Held together with a single bolt and tnut at each junction. In theory, should tear down and set up inside 20 minutes and store mostly flat. No plans though, just built as I went....

Last edited:
Any issue getting the 11/32 to shape? Is that one 4x8 sheet of 1/2 and 11/32? How many 2x3s?

No the 11/32 shapes nice you just gotta step on it while you do it and use lots of screws. Need the extra thickness for the weight of the cars slamming into it. Its a half sheet plus another strip at the top. I had a half sheet already so I used that first and cut some off another. And yes one half sheet of 1/2. And I used 12 2x3s cut to 43 inches for the support (44 inch is the widest I can fit in my explorer) or I would’ve went the full 48 haha

No the 11/32 shapes nice you just gotta step on it while you do it and use lots of screws. Need the extra thickness for the weight of the cars slamming into it. Its a half sheet plus another strip at the top. I had a half sheet already so I used that first and cut some off another. And yes one half sheet of 1/2. And I used 12 2x3s cut to 43 inches for the support (44 inch is the widest I can fit in my explorer) or I would’ve went the full 48 haha
Ok,so a sheet of 11/32 and 1/2 and 6 2x3s should do it? 2 or 3 inch screws?

Picked up this 2 x 4 x 1/4 sheet of PVC at HomeDespot, can't remember what I paid was under 20 bucks i'm sure
ramp.jpg

Yup that’ll do it. I used 2 inch outdoor screws for the supports and 1 inch drywall screws that I already had to hold down the top lol
Whats the length of your bottom sheet? I have a full sheet of 11/32 4x8 and I'm wondering if it would be easier to cut a piece the size of yours and then adding a piece on top instead of trying to do one full piece at one time.

Got the build started,should finish it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Tbone came out with ramps.

Yeah ridiculously priced ramps
Whats the length of your bottom sheet? I have a full sheet of 11/32 4x8 and I'm wondering if it would be easier to cut a piece the size of yours and then adding a piece on top instead of trying to do one full piece at one time.

It’s a half sheet that I cut to width of 44. So 48x44 inches. I had the half sheet laying around that’s why I used it instead of cutting a full sheet to fit. And looking back that was probably easier so I’d say it’s a good idea to do that

Pictures or it didn't happen!
They're coming. :)
Yeah ridiculously priced ramps

It’s a half sheet that I cut to width of 44. So 48x44 inches. I had the half sheet laying around that’s why I used it instead of cutting a full sheet to fit. And looking back that was probably easier so I’d say it’s a good idea to do that
Thanks. I'm doing 48 wide,so I'll do a 48x48 and then add the top piece.

Whatever design you go with, I can’t recommend a sheet of HDPE for the face highly enough. Someone here recommended it to me (@Outcastblxnut?) and they were dead right. F@&% using a wood face. That just doesn’t hold up long with these rigs slamming into it.
HDPE is the way to go! I used an old sign that was laying around my work and built a solid wood frame. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back