Limitless Raz Shifrin just hit 218MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The concern is that if I hand over a setup that is capable of 150 to someone new they will likely hurt themselves or destroy their rig on the first outing.
Other issues are that they will not understand what happened with the car and why. There is certainly steps in learning the hobby that need to occur and handing out high speeds setups in general won't help people in the long term. Everyone including myself just wants to go fast and we all want to take shortcuts to get there.

I learned the most going slow maxing out 2s and 3s setups.

I will say the inner circle of speed running would work with some people have long conversations on the phone and did help them little by little. They are made out to be evil but actually a really good group of guys if you are respectful and willing to put in the work.

I never worked with them but had the opportunity to talk to some of them after I had figured out things on my own.
Honestly a 3s infraction or vendetta is already too fast for most beginner hobbyists out of the box. I was pretty flabberghasted when I first got the Infraction 6s, it's a beast on 6s even bone stock. Not a car I would let most people borrow until I've seen them drive my Vendetta for a bit. These days it's got a MMX8s and 1717 1650kv combo in there so nobody but me is driving it now.

Honestly a 3s infraction or vendetta is already too fast for most beginner hobbyists out of the box. I was pretty flabberghasted when I first got the Infraction 6s, it's a beast on 6s even bone stock. Not a car I would let most people borrow until I've seen them drive my Vendetta for a bit. These days it's got a MMX8s and 1717 1650kv combo in there so nobody but me is driving it now.
Agreed, and that ESC / motor combo is capable of 150+ mph. That is alot of power.

You'll need to hookup a trailer to that rig just to carry enough Lipos to power it.

car f1 GIF
Lol, and set the record for fastest RC car and trailer😁😁😁

Like @LibertyMKiii stated,
Yeah many of the first mistakes is trying for that 100+ mph all too quickly. Baby steps. Slower speeds, Smaller packs first. Learn other aspects of the chassis before going for broke. Aero etc makes a huge deal. There is no room for error.
Speed running is an Expert Level RC niche. It can be quite dangerous for those being inexperienced.
Recommended only for those with many of hours of prior general RC knowledge and wheel time.

Back