Limitless Raz Shifrin just hit 218MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I tryed on YouTube and it still won't allow me🤷
Are you logged in? To watch age restricted content requires you to be logged in (otherwise the age restriction wouldn't make any sense or be enforceable). I can't remember cuz it's been too long whether they validate your identity/age for this or not.

Are you logged in? To watch age restricted content requires you to be logged in (otherwise the age restriction wouldn't make any sense or be enforceable). I can't remember cuz it's been too long whether they validate your identity/age for this or not.
Yes ,I'm automatically logged on .as soon as I go to YouTube because my Roku is connected to my cell phone.still says content is to old🤷.it's ok no worries..thanks anyways 👍

Yes ,I'm automatically logged on .as soon as I go to YouTube because my Roku is connected to my cell phone.still says content is to old🤷.it's ok no worries..thanks anyways 👍
Content is too old? I don't even understand what that's supposed to mean. The video is 2 years old. Hardly an oldie (unless you ask someone of the three second attention span TikTok generation). I've been using Youtube since 2006 and I've never seen that message. Oh well.

Content is too old? I don't even understand what that's supposed to mean. The video is 2 years old. Hardly an oldie (unless you ask someone of the three second attention span TikTok generation). I've been using Youtube since 2006 and I've never seen that message. Oh well.
🤷 I don't get it either but that's what I get on my screen when I press play..like I said no worries.
You're too young to view it..
😆
Could very well be 🤷 maybey I have be 70 Suttin lol

@Camaroboy383 lol...I just found the channel again randomly on my Youtube feed. It looks like he changed the name of his channel (which would go a long way in explaining why I couldn't find it). Anywho, here's the video I was referencing.

Yes sir, I saw that video when it came out.. prime example for sure..

@Camaroboy383 lol...I just found the channel again randomly on my Youtube feed. It looks like he changed the name of his channel (which would go a long way in explaining why I couldn't find it). Anywho, here's the video I was referencing.
Just saw it now 👍 I just had to press confirm lol.but yeah that's crazy.
That wasn't a toe eliminator ,that was a ankle eliminator

I remember this video, tough to watch.. but I've seen one worse, almost the exact same scenario but the guy who got hit flipped completely over and came down almost on his head, I'm sure some of you have seen it.
Incredible run by Raz and the Quad motor car, he just might take the title from James this year. But who knows what James will come up with next?
I had thought Raz's dual motor car would be faster than the quad motor, because of the quad motors weight and complexity but apparently not so. To get all those motors and esc's working in harmony together to push 218mph is a amazing feat of RC engineering

I remember this video, tough to watch.. but I've seen one worse, almost the exact same scenario but the guy who got hit flipped completely over and came down almost on his head, I'm sure some of you have seen it.
Incredible run by Raz and the Quad motor car, he just might take the title from James this year. But who knows what James will come up with next?
I had thought Raz's dual motor car would be faster than the quad motor, because of the quad motors weight and complexity but apparently not so. To get all those motors and esc's working in harmony together to push 218mph is a amazing feat of RC engineering
What impressed me the most about multi-motor setups is how big of an effect it has on amp draw as his data logs showed a decent drop going from one to two motors and a precipitous drop off with four. On a 200mph pass (or very close to it) his amp draw was in the 300A range.

You're right though, 2024 should be an interesting year. Especially if someone finally cracks the "tires don't fly off the rim" code. I was speculating that someone would have put something to market by now but, it would appear that it's a tougher nut than expected.

(That's what she said...)

What impressed me the most about multi-motor setups is how big of an effect it has on amp draw as his data logs showed a decent drop going from one to two motors and a precipitous drop off with four. On a 200mph pass (or very close to it) his amp draw was in the 300A range.

You're right though, 2024 should be an interesting year. Especially if someone finally cracks the "tires don't fly off the rim" code. I was speculating that someone would have put something to market by now but, it would appear that it's a tougher nut than expected.

(That's what she said...)
The low amp draw may be the best reason to go with quad esc/motors, splitting the load helps so much.
Youtube basher Kevin talbot has been saying he has been working with a company on a RC tire that will withstand 200 mph, but provides no detail on what it is. It may just be crap that he's saying, but he has the money to finance it if he chooses to really attempt to make a true RC speedrun tire.
Personally I would like to see Raz take a shot at designing a real RC speedrun tire.. He has pushed the boundaries of RC equipment with all the RC products he makes, his stuff raises the bar.. so I wonder what he could do for a tire if he put his mind to it. I think a large RC company may decide not to make tires designed for real fast RC speedrunning due to liability issues, so its probably going to have to be someone like Raz or maybe James who comes up with something better than the current foams they use

The low amp draw may be the best reason to go with quad esc/motors, splitting the load helps so much.
Youtube basher Kevin talbot has been saying he has been working with a company on a RC tire that will withstand 200 mph, but provides no detail on what it is. It may just be crap that he's saying, but he has the money to finance it if he chooses to really attempt to make a true RC speedrun tire.
Personally I would like to see Raz take a shot at designing a real RC speedrun tire.. He has pushed the boundaries of RC equipment with all the RC products he makes, his stuff raises the bar.. so I wonder what he could do for a tire if he put his mind to it. I think a large RC company may decide not to make tires designed for real fast RC speedrunning due to liability issues, so its probably going to have to be someone like Raz or maybe James who comes up with something better than the current foams they use
If you have the coin then, yeah, a quad would be the way to go in terms of efficiency (also assuming you've already gotten into the vicinity of 200mph on a single. That's an awful lot of power and if you haven't earned your stripes, the chances of that ending poorly are really high....and that's a LOT of money in one basket.

I dig the products Raz is putting out. One by one, he's eliminating the weak spots of the original design and I think he's doing a bang up job. Two (y) (y)

You might be right about the liability issue, although...technically there's nothing wrong about selling wheels/tires that are designed to go 200mph+. There are officially sanctioned events such as ROSSA, there's nothing stopping the manufacturer from including a disclaimer that it is assumed that the driver knows what he's doing and that he's 100% responsible for how they're used, yadda yadda, etc., etc.

I'm certain that there are several people working on the tire issue as we type and I don't think that KT is talking bollocks. He has no incentive to. He has the necessary cash flow to finance something like that and he's already demonstrated the willingness to put his money where his mouth is (i.e. monster truck in the garage).

These cars have been made virtually bullet proof at this point but the tires...it seems like this is the one part that is breaking everyone's balls. Can't wait to see who cracks the code first. :)

Probably a stupid question, but why don't folks use larger tires for the record setting runs? You see GRP GT tires fitted on vendetta and 3s infraction all the time, but why not use a 130 or 150 mm road tire on the limitless? It would help with gearing up and lowering RPM a bit at the wheel on these crazy high speed runs.

Probably a stupid question, but why don't folks use larger tires for the record setting runs? You see GRP GT tires fitted on vendetta and 3s infraction all the time, but why not use a 130 or 150 mm road tire on the limitless? It would help with gearing up and lowering RPM a bit at the wheel on these crazy high speed runs.
Some top level guys are experimenting with custom wheels but in general no such product is commercially available yet.
You can get some 1/5 wheels from a XMAXX for example skinned in foam but they don't fit the 1/7 bodies.

Larger tires is likely the solution but James mentioned in one of his videos that BSR is working with him on a new foam that holds better.

Last edited:
Congrats to him. I watch his videos a lot also. Just awesome what he does.
Raz was the first to openly share 90% of his Secrets to speed running. Setups and all. Raz had got some initial flack for that, from the big guys in regards.
He wanted many others new to Speed running to learn it well, to expand this RC niche. And he did just that. Raz made the speed running thing Blow up big time.
Before that , many guys would just show their High PB speed passes, with no info. about their builds. Much was kept secret from the RC masses. It was like a small niche of guys that kept it all to themselves. (n) They wanted to dominate with their "magic".

Last edited:
Raz was the first to openly share 90% of his Secrets to speed running. Setups and all. Raz had got some initial flack for that, from the big guys in regards.
He wanted many others new to Speed running to learn it well, to expand this RC niche. And he did just that. Raz made the speed running thing Blow up big time.
Before that , many guys would just show their High PB speed passes, with no info. about their builds. Much was kept secret from the RC masses. It was like a small niche of guys that kept it all to themselves. (n) They wanted to dominate with their "magic".

Dominate with their secret Voodoo sauce..

Magic Wizard GIF by Onnit

Season 9 Kevin GIF by The Office

Atp Tour Lol GIF by Tennis TV

It was like a small niche of guys that kept it all to themselves. (n) They wanted to dominate with their "magic".

The concern is that if I hand over a setup that is capable of 150 to someone new they will likely hurt themselves or destroy their rig on the first outing.
Other issues are that they will not understand what happened with the car and why. There is certainly steps in learning the hobby that need to occur and handing out high speeds setups in general won't help people in the long term. Everyone including myself just wants to go fast and we all want to take shortcuts to get there.

I learned the most going slow maxing out 2s and 3s setups.

I will say the inner circle of speed running would work with some people have long conversations on the phone and did help them little by little. They are made out to be evil but actually a really good group of guys if you are respectful and willing to put in the work.

I never worked with them but had the opportunity to talk to some of them after I had figured out things on my own.

Back