Granite Razor RC Granite 4x4 BLX v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorrc

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Senton 3s
It’s here... red and white of course!

D0C9868D-11E0-4812-88E1-6F45B6E52A77.jpeg

Honestly, the Associated might be better. I haven't decided yet.

Hi all.

Mt10 was my go to option but... I did join to mt10 group on FB and guys are struggling to get replacement arms for their trucks where the original arms failed very quickly. No chance to get the helion replacements too. So atm they been left with broken trucks.
Cheaper truck, looks quite good, handles perfectly but non programmable esc with razor sharp brakes is a big no no. Also the stock radio is a bit crap. I mean it works as it should, it's responsive and does the job but it's plasticky, big and low on quality. Same radio came with my element sendero and I swapped it straight away.

Then I started eyeing out the arrma granite.

Razor RC posted some vids with v1 granite and I was seriously excited about the new V3 release to the point I almost pre-ordered one for myself but... I've seen that guys lost their wheels on the first run which is not a big deal really as it's easy to fix but damaged shock tower along with shock end without excessive abuse is not acceptable really. Also stock A arms are not holding well :/ A bit disappointed.

Razor RC, I'm following your feedback, will see what will happen next :)

Honestly, the Associated might be better. I haven't decided yet.

Is the truck that front end heavy? Seems like it wants to nose dive constantly. Maybe something not letting the drivetrain roll freely causing a breaking effect? Just seemed like you had to gas it on landings to not nose dive, usually it's the opposite have to break to not land on roof?

Hi all.

Mt10 was my go to option but... I did join to mt10 group on FB and guys are struggling to get replacement arms for their trucks where the original arms failed very quickly. No chance to get the helion replacements too. So atm they been left with broken trucks.
Cheaper truck, looks quite good, handles perfectly but non programmable esc with razor sharp brakes is a big no no. Also the stock radio is a bit crap. I mean it works as it should, it's responsive and does the job but it's plasticky, big and low on quality. Same radio came with my element sendero and I swapped it straight away.

Razor RC posted some vids with v1 granite and I was seriously excited about the new V3 release to the point I almost pre-ordered one for myself but... I've seen that guys lost their wheels on the first run which is not a big deal really as it's easy to fix but damaged shock tower along with shock end without excessive abuse is not acceptable really. Also stock A arms are not holding well :/ A bit disappointed.

Razor RC, I'm following your feedback, will see what will happen next :)

You're spot on with this truck. I'm running Helion arms and have another set NIP, that's disappointing to hear you can't get replacement arms right now. Hopefully they get the new composites figured out, because it's a pretty durable truck with the right arms. I saw some people lost wheel axles on their V3's, did someone break an A-arm too?
Is the truck that front end heavy? Seems like it wants to nose dive constantly. Maybe something not letting the drivetrain roll freely causing a breaking effect? Just seemed like you had to gas it on landings to not nose dive, usually it's the opposite have to break to not land on roof?

It does nosedive a bit, I think a lot of it is that the Granite is setup with much stiffer springs than before (more preload spacers). The Rival springs are a bit softer, and I lowered the ride height a little bit to get it to handle better (that's what I was doing in the middle of the video), but it kicks the rear end off the face of jumps which causes it to nose-dive if it bottoms out on the takeoffs.

Hi all.

Same situation, i was researching about MT10 but i disnt get it because ESC is not programable, so i started to reserch about Granite 3S and Big Rock V3
Now i have to decide between MT10, Granite and Big Rock

FYI, dirt still gets in the power module. It's about 30% better, but I still suggest cleaning out the gears with a brush every pack or two if you're running in dirt.

Also, Traxxas hollow balls fit the shock rod ends if you have some lying around. They make a cheap, metal upgrade. Stock is 7mm long, Traxxas makes a 6mm or 8.25mm, either will work.

Nice one razorrc. Another point towards granite.

So in case of breakages we've got some cheap shock caps upgrades, shock towers can be easily reinforced with some piece of aluminium U section, better A arms available from RPM..
and the last thing (I hope it is the last thing) is the v2 driveshafts problem. Are they holding strong so farnon V3?

My friend has V2 granite and he's fed up with it already due to drive shafts being so weak.

Also how's the new slipper compared to the older version?

Nice one razorrc. Another point towards granite.

So in case of breakages we've got some cheap shock caps upgrades, shock towers can be easily reinforced with some piece of aluminium U section, better A arms available from RPM..
and the last thing (I hope it is the last thing) is the v2 driveshafts problem. Are they holding strong so farnon V3?

My friend has V2 granite and he's fed up with it already due to drive shafts being so weak.

Also how's the new slipper compared to the older version?
They are still using the same part for the driveshafts, so I doubt anything changes there ??‍♂️

I feel like I made a mistake and should of ordered a traxxas max instead of granite judging all the issues being raised in this thread . I already have a brand new broken kraton exb and I just want something that will run without breaking so quickly

I feel like I made a mistake and should of ordered a traxxas max instead of granite judging all the issues being raised in this thread . I already have a brand new broken kraton exb and I just want something that will run without breaking so quickly
I've seen several YouTubers (including RazorRC) say the Traxxas Maxx is one of the most, if not the most durable RC out of the box. If durability is the priority, it may be the best choice. I've thought of getting the Maxx, but judging from the videos, I just don't like the way it handles. I have a Granite, I've needed quite a few upgrades to improve durability, but at this point it's quite solid.

Last edited:
Before I broke the shock tower and shock rod end I would've said the Granite 4x4 BLX and Maxx were tied for durability. I never really broke anything on my V1, but you need to have the slipper set right.

Now, I'd say the Maxx is the most durable RC car out there, hands down. It's a beast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back