Granite Razor RC Granite 4x4 BLX v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all.

Mt10 was my go to option but... I did join to mt10 group on FB and guys are struggling to get replacement arms for their trucks where the original arms failed very quickly. No chance to get the helion replacements too. So atm they been left with broken trucks.
Cheaper truck, looks quite good, handles perfectly but non programmable esc with razor sharp brakes is a big no no. Also the stock radio is a bit crap. I mean it works as it should, it's responsive and does the job but it's plasticky, big and low on quality. Same radio came with my element sendero and I swapped it straight away.

Then I started eyeing out the arrma granite.

Razor RC posted some vids with v1 granite and I was seriously excited about the new V3 release to the point I almost pre-ordered one for myself but... I've seen that guys lost their wheels on the first run which is not a big deal really as it's easy to fix but damaged shock tower along with shock end without excessive abuse is not acceptable really. Also stock A arms are not holding well :/ A bit disappointed.

Razor RC, I'm following your feedback, will see what will happen next :)
Get a Hoss and let us know how it goes.

@razorrc do you change the ESC brake settings on any of your Granites or all left at default?

I left it at the default 62.5%, I think 50% would probably work a little better, but I'm too lazy to change it.

I left it at the default 62.5%, I think 50% would probably work a little better, but I'm too lazy to change it.

Less than more....wow I normally hear people say more break....well if you are experienced like you....maybe not more

Less than more....wow I normally hear people say more break....well if you are experienced like you....maybe not more

Unless I am mistaken, I think @razorrc only recommends reducing the brakes for super high traction surfaces, like for the carpet race track where he ran the Granite in his last video.

You need to watch his YouTube. He did.

Great information and videos @razorrc as usual. Thank you! I did wish you would try to backflip that last jump. :D

Haha, if I were running 3S I would try it! Track only allows 2S.
Unless I am mistaken, I think @razorrc only recommends reducing the brakes for super high traction surfaces, like for the carpet race track where he ran the Granite in his last video.

Yeah, high traction 50% should be good, also for stunts probably easier to control in the air. I don't know, I haven't tried it. For loose dirt on the ground, I think stock 62.5% feels pretty good.

I have no idea if they changed the plastics or the factory, but yeah my V1 broke less stuff in a year than my V3 did in a week.

I don't know what it was set from the factory, I loosened it another 3/4 turn from where it was from the factory. My factory setting was too tight. It's hard to explain too loose or too tight, I need to make a video to show it. But basically you just want to take the very sharp edge off the initial power hit when going full throttle from a standstill on high traction.

This is the best video I've seen on setting your slipper. It's a 2WD short course truck, but hopefully it gives you some idea of what you're looking for. I have my Granite set a little tighter than his final setting, because it has more power than that 2WD he has. Skip ahead to 6:22.

Hey Razor, your Arrma 3S shock rebuild and bearing swap tutorials on your YouTube channel were a HUGE help, so you can add my vote for a how-to vid on the slipper clutch adjustments for the 3S Granite. And FYI, I ended up picking up the 3S Granite a few months back after watching one of your reviews, so I'm thinking Arrma should send you a commission check. Haha. In fact, I picked up two and love 'em. Thanks again for the vids and tutorials which are much appreciated.

Hey Razor, your Arrma 3S shock rebuild and bearing swap tutorials on your YouTube channel were a HUGE help, so you can add my vote for a how-to vid on the slipper clutch adjustments for the 3S Granite. And FYI, I ended up picking up the 3S Granite a few months back after watching one of your reviews, so I'm thinking Arrma should send you a commission check. Haha. In fact, I picked up two and love 'em. Thanks again for the vids and tutorials which are much appreciated.

Thanks. I suppose I should make a video. There are a lot of people asking about how to set their slipper.

I have no idea if they changed the plastics or the factory, but yeah my V1 broke less stuff in a year than my V3 did in a week.

I don't know what it was set from the factory, I loosened it another 3/4 turn from where it was from the factory. My factory setting was too tight. It's hard to explain too loose or too tight, I need to make a video to show it. But basically you just want to take the very sharp edge off the initial power hit when going full throttle from a standstill on high traction.

This is the best video I've seen on setting your slipper. It's a 2WD short course truck, but hopefully it gives you some idea of what you're looking for. I have my Granite set a little tighter than his final setting, because it has more power than that 2WD he has. Skip ahead to 6:22.

That video was extremely helpful. I just recently upgraded my slipper on my Granite to the 3s BLX and tightened it down too much. After a couple of runs, my rear diff is trashed. Now I know what I did wrong. Thanks.

Thanks. I suppose I should make a video. There are a lot of people asking about how to set their slipper.
THere are far more people breaking drive shafts and diffs because they are set too tight. :)

Great videos. I just linked a friend your videos. He is going to come back after 25 years and I pointed him at the Granite and your videos. Keep the good stuff coming! Thank you again.

Hey Razor, you mentioned that you adjusted your steering endpoints in your Granite bash video. I cannot find endpoint instructions in the new granite manual. How'd ya do it. Just got my red and white v3 Granite and adjusted all the camber and toe.

It's in the SLT3 manual, you can google for it.

Fair review overall, but i think you should have really gone hard on the (not so) sealed power module. Judging by the busted motors posts around this forums gives us an idea it's not a small issue (i busted around 4 motors i think)

Is there any other car that requires dissasembly and cleaning every time it touches sand - otherwise one of the most expensive part (the motor) explodes?

Very good review, as usual! Thanks!

Concerning the grip, I note that the tires are very different in feel between the V2 and V3. The tires on my used V2 (Mega) are much softer than on the brand new V3 (3S).

I wonder if it is because the tires on the V3 are not broken in yet...or if they changed the foam insert or rubber compound.

Very good review, as usual! Thanks!

Concerning the grip, I note that the tires are very different in feel between the V2 and V3. The tires on my used V2 (Mega) are much softer than on the brand new V3 (3S).

I wonder if it is because the tires on the V3 are not broken in yet...or if they changed the foam insert or rubber compound.
If they made any changes, that isn’t reflected in the part number for the tires and foams. It’s the same part number since the V1 Mega

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR520045/ALL/ALL/ALL/STANDARD#xref

93713C13-1626-4924-BB6F-4CAA62B197ED.png

While there is no separate part for the mega and 3s, i remember multiple cases where people here noted that the foam is different between the mega and 3s. i'll attach here if i can find some

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back