Nero RCP - Nero rebirth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to have to do something about this.. Some how.
Know anyone with some seed money? Angel investor??

I Absolutely agree!
Arrma folded and bent over too easily.

I could understand if Mercedes, Porsche or Toyota had sued them... On grounds of copying similar suspension geometries, I maybe can see that... Maybe.
But to have another RC company pull that stupid stunt.. it's Absurd!

To be honest, I don’t really think Hobbico/Arrma had the cash to fight it long term. It was also in Texas, which is were you want to go to court for patent lawsuits, which is known for having plaintiff friendly judges, rules, and juries. And Texas is Traxxas home state.

To be honest, I don’t really think Hobbico/Arrma had the cash to fight it long term. It was also in Texas, which is were you want to go to court for patent lawsuits, which is known for having plaintiff friendly judges, rules, and juries. And Texas is Traxxas home state.
Makes sense

How much is seed money? LOL

@Rcproponent - I'm back in town. Let me see if I can get you more parts. I know I had enough parts to build roughly 3 or 4 more Nero's. Finding them now will be the key. haha
Any chance you have drive shafts you’d sell to me? 😅 maybe a little cheaper than the 200 it’ll cost for all 4 drive shafts off eBay 🙏🏻😭

Edit. My apologies @Rcproponent I’m trying to hijack your thread searching for Nero parts. Sorry man

Any chance you have drive shafts you’d sell to me? 😅 maybe a little cheaper than the 200 it’ll cost for all 4 drive shafts off eBay 🙏🏻😭

Edit. My apologies @Rcproponent I’m trying to hijack your thread searching for Nero parts. Sorry man
All good bro 🤘🏻😎

One of the cons of the nero is the driveshaft being nin HD. Get some rod ends for the turnbuckles. They likely going to snap first tumble. The new ones are 3mm or so thicker and meatier

HH could definetly fight if off in court but who going to go to court over toys. HH cares about money and fighting in court is not worth the hassle. It would benefit the hobby of course. Freeing the path for innovation but again HH cares about profits first

One of the cons of the nero is the driveshaft being nin HD. Get some rod ends for the turnbuckles. They likely going to snap first tumble. The new ones are 3mm or so thicker and meatier

HH could definetly fight if off in court but who going to go to court over toys. HH cares about money and fighting in court is not worth the hassle. It would benefit the hobby of course. Freeing the path for innovation but again HH cares about profits first
I have broken 5 non-HD driveshaft parts. I don't recommend non-HD.

This happened before Horizon Hobby scooped up what was left of Hobbico. So no, they probably didn’t have the cash to really fight it. It’s easier to discontinue a product and live to fight another day than to go out of business because of one product.

All this talk about the Nero...

I'm getting the itch to hunt down one of these elusive beasts..

*** Must resist the urge.. Resist the urge.. ***

Star Trek Borg GIF

You might have snagged those, but I got the A-arms that were discontinued for less than $20.
Me too haha :

IMG_6171.jpeg
IMG_6170.jpeg
IMG_6169.jpeg
IMG_6168.jpeg

Just waiting to hear back from @trunkmonkey1 to see if im ordering some diff parts! 😎

Excited to see this thing come back to life and be driven!

Only buy one if you are ok with parts becoming unavailable. The car would probably be a shelf queen type.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office
As far as I can tell, Arrma still has most parts one would need to keep their Nero running. Like the suspension arms. In stock at Horizon Hobby.

F93B29D9-544A-49A9-B598-822D5E76B624.png

All this talk about the Nero...

I'm getting the itch to hunt down one of these elusive beasts..

*** Must resist the urge.. Resist the urge.. ***

Star Trek Borg GIF

There are a few complete kits on eBay for 559+, there’s a partial roller for 229 but it needs A LOT of parts, another roller with body for 259, a roller with a red el camino body? on there, and of course the one that’s brand new, only pulled out of the box for pictures for 1999.

Take your pic, @Tex Koder

This happened before Horizon Hobby scooped up what was left of Hobbico. So no, they probably didn’t have the cash to really fight it. It’s easier to discontinue a product and live to fight another day than to go out of business because of one product.
Ik im saying fighting it right now

Only buy one if you are ok with parts becoming unavailable. The car would probably be a shelf queen type.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

I'm Not too concerned with parts becoming Unavailable.

I can design my own custom pieces.
And make them Better while I'm at it.

Just need to get my hands on better printers.. 🦖
🤓🤘

@Tex Koder if you buy a nero, could you design a thing which goes where the servos for the diff lockers? I really hate arrma using a unique size for their micro servos so you have to spend $35 each time one dies (I have had 3 die). I want a way that you can use regular micro servos somewhere in the car that uses a steel cable (like what traxxas does on their crawlers' diff lockers) to lock and unlock the diffs. I want to be able to fully replace the set of servos for $10, not $100.

@Tex Koder if you buy a nero, could you design a thing which goes where the servos for the diff lockers? I really hate arrma using a unique size for their micro servos so you have to spend $35 each time one dies (I have had 3 die). I want a way that you can use regular micro servos somewhere in the car that uses a steel cable (like what traxxas does on their crawlers' diff lockers) to lock and unlock the diffs. I want to be able to fully replace the set of servos for $10, not $100.

I don't know what your talking about..

But if you send me some photos (with measurements) Perhaps I can figure something out.. maybe?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back