Nero RCP - Nero rebirth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I’ve torn into this thing pretty good now lol. Here’s some pics from last nights shenanigans.
IMG_6190.jpeg
IMG_6188.jpeg
IMG_6186.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg
IMG_6184.jpeg
IMG_6182.jpeg
IMG_6181.jpeg
IMG_6187.jpeg
IMG_6183.jpeg

Yeah. If you have the diff brain you have to because oil will leak. Unless you do the m3x3 mod and red thread lock to seal the holes

I used epoxy, worked just fine. Will never leak diff oil now!

Last edited:
I'm just reading this thread. I will continue keeping up with this thread.

I bought my Nero when it first came out. The only thing I've done with it is to install TBR components on it. It has never been driven.

It's truly a "Shelf Queen," for sure. It never had a pair of batteries plugged into it. It's a bummer it was discontinued.
20230805_185944.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. If you have the diff brain you have to because oil will leak. Unless you do the m3x3 mod and red thread lock to seal the holes
Yep, got the diff brains haha..

If they end up not functioning or something I might have to get back in here and do the whole non diff brain mod.

Anyone with a non diff brain model… what does your diffs look like? Did they seal the cups? Did they use a different part number entirely?

As I’m getting knee deep in disassembly… this doesn’t resemble a t brand E RVO …AT ALL! Perhaps the suspension design looks similar but how the actual F did they get away with saying they copied them. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

On that note, I will say.. this thing is over engineered as F… and it’s built like a tank. Most of this stuff is so beefy I don’t even know how it ever broke… excluding Duperbash insanity stuff.

Also, once I’m getting into the internals this things in pretty good shape honestly. I’ve found one bad shim. I just reused it though and it works perfectly fine. I will replace later.

Excited to see progress on this thing. I didn’t think I was gonna get to the full tear down till winter but I absolutely had to tear into this thing immediately. Wanna get it going and see the badassness in action. Yep… I said badassness. Deal with it 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️
image.jpg

I'm just reading this thread. I will continue keeping up with this thread.

I bought my Nero when it first came out. The only thing I've done with it is to install TBR components on it. It has never been driven.

It's truly a "Shelf Queen," for sure. It never had a pair of batteries plugged into it. It's a bummer it was discontinued.View attachment 315546

Time to throw some aftermarket tires on it and let her rip!

Yep, got the diff brains haha..

If they end up not functioning or something I might have to get back in here and do the whole non diff brain mod.

Anyone with a non diff brain model… what does your diffs look like? Did they seal the cups? Did they use a different part number entirely?

As I’m getting knee deep in disassembly… this doesn’t resemble a t brand E RVO …AT ALL! Perhaps the suspension design looks similar but how the actual F did they get away with saying they copied them. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

On that note, I will say.. this thing is over engineered as F… and it’s built like a tank. Most of this stuff is so beefy I don’t even know how it ever broke… excluding Duperbash insanity stuff.

Also, once I’m getting into the internals this things in pretty good shape honestly. I’ve found one bad shim. I just reused it though and it works perfectly fine. I will replace later.

Excited to see progress on this thing. I didn’t think I was gonna get to the full tear down till winter but I absolutely had to tear into this thing immediately. Wanna get it going and see the badassness in action. Yep… I said badassness. Deal with it 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️View attachment 315547

You’re in luck, I still have one diff taken apart. About to put it back together. Let me take some pics and I’ll post them for you.
Here you go. It’s the center diff, only thing different is the top gear that goes on the cup. Seals, internal spider gears are the same. I included a few pics of the epoxy on the back of the diff brain holes, showing how I sealed them up. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 9F5D2C2C-CFF5-4DC9-A259-0F088EADD7C1.jpeg
    9F5D2C2C-CFF5-4DC9-A259-0F088EADD7C1.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 33
  • F4AF9B33-E963-491E-BC2F-4992905C9474.jpeg
    F4AF9B33-E963-491E-BC2F-4992905C9474.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 6480D887-F6D3-43C7-9F5E-330E22B211B6.jpeg
    6480D887-F6D3-43C7-9F5E-330E22B211B6.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 30
  • AF739D95-05D8-4C47-8783-914304D4FB17.jpeg
    AF739D95-05D8-4C47-8783-914304D4FB17.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 87147F37-E5B3-4528-9838-923C943AAF56.jpeg
    87147F37-E5B3-4528-9838-923C943AAF56.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 33
One of these is not like the other… haha
Looks like I have one HD and the rest standard. I barely noticed but one came cleaner than the rest and then I spotted it 🤣😂

IMG_6228.jpeg

All the bearings have been replaced except the servos saver ones… those are next and then every last one will be done.
IMG_6229.jpeg

All the diffs have been serviced. Crossing my fingers the servos for the diff brain work haha. I suppose it’s not too bad taking them apart to replace if needed.

This truck really is clean aside from the rusty surface on the screws which are cleaning very nicely. The arms and underside don’t have many scrapes or much sign of usage. This truck was a young pup when it got stored.

Very excited to be getting closer to getting this thing back to 100%.

New bumpers came so I’ll be putting them on. The shock bodies should be here any day so I’ll be rebuilding the shocks with the big rock version of the shock bodies. Soaking and cleaning the screws… this things gonna look great! Can’t wait to drive it.

Looks like they have made rolling revisions to parts… where this Nero has rub marks on the arms, the newer versions have cut outs…
IMG_6233.jpeg
some sticker actions:
IMG_6232.jpeg

Edit: just kidding, those are front arms, not rears 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️ learning curve

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back