Nero RCP - Nero rebirth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
An amazing thing happened and a Nero was bestowed upon me.

An enormous thank you to @trunkmonkey1, you are a legend 🤘🏻

Another big shoutout to @Mike'sGN-Kraton for helping me with the last few bits I needed. Thanks brother!

So it’s only fitting that I do this thing up right.. it came with a brand spanking new body all shiny and new. Off to an amazing start..

Project begins:

IMG_5999.jpeg
IMG_5998.jpeg
IMG_5997.jpeg
IMG_5996.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_6002.jpeg
IMG_6003.jpeg

Got some new parts..
IMG_6148.jpeg
IMG_6146.jpeg
IMG_6143.jpeg

starting to take it apart and clean n stuff:
IMG_6151.jpeg

Never really knew about the Arrma Nero when they first came out.. But, the more I see them now I really wished I could have experienced it.

Those F1 style suspension layout really gets me.
I wonder if I can some how design and retrofit a suspension setup like that back into their current vehicles..in the Vendetta or Limitless , perhaps.

Last edited:
Looks good so far. I’m going to do a bearing kit first, I have to buy the entire driveshaft for each corner(200bucks!), and a few odd pieces. I will go through at a later date and do a screw kit with stainless screws.

I’ve already taken the push rods and steering links and coated them in black Fluoropolymer paint, they turned out great.

Right now I have the diffs torn apart, waiting on new seals to come so I can rebuild the diffs. I used epoxy to cover the diff brain holes, worked really well. I still need to find a receiver top.

This one stays with me ;) only other place it would go is back where it came from.

Always wanted one now I have one
I don't blame ya. It's a piece of history for sure, we must never forget what the Evil Empire has taken from us!! I was just messin with ya aboot the classifieds bro. Enjoy the "rebirth", can't wait to see how it turns out!!👌😎🍻

I changed my shock oil to 2k and 1.4 pistons. Stock suspension is stiff like a rock But i 3d printed and ground down the original rod ends. Didnt want to buy the hobao rod ends and i couldnt in canada without breaking an arm
20230327_182008.jpg
20230216_194813.jpg

Ended up using kraton v5 rear springs

Those F1 style suspension layout really gets me.
I wonder if I can some how design and retrofit a suspension setup like that back into their current vehicles..in the Vendetta or Limitless , perhaps.
I totally agree, and I’ve thought the same thing many times. The Limitless is just crying out for it. It would be fantastic to get rid of the shock towers and run a proper F1 body on it.
Isn’t the inboard pushrod suspension the reason TRX sued them in the first place? Which is total BS, because TRX didn’t invent that, it’s been a fixture in the pinnacle of racing for decades. I think Arrma needed a better team of lawyers.

I totally agree, and I’ve thought the same thing many times. The Limitless is just crying out for it. It would be fantastic to get rid of the shock towers and run a proper F1 body on it.

I'm going to have to do something about this.. Some how.
Know anyone with some seed money? Angel investor??

Isn’t the inboard pushrod suspension the reason TRX sued them in the first place? Which is total BS, because TRX didn’t invent that, it’s been a fixture in the pinnacle of racing for decades. I think Arrma needed a better team of lawyers.

I Absolutely agree!
Arrma folded and bent over too easily.

I could understand if Mercedes, Porsche or Toyota had sued them... On grounds of copying similar suspension geometries, I maybe can see that... Maybe.
But to have another RC company pull that stupid stunt.. it's Absurd!

I'd do it in a second brother.. but uh, I ain't gots.. If I ever hit that Lotto, I promise I won't forget ya!!😉🍻
Like this would be nice..Agama N1

Attachments

• IMG_0366_2000x.jpg
    IMG_0366_2000x.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 61
I haven’t checked my tickets from last night…
I'd do it in a second brother.. but uh, I ain't gots.. If I ever hit that Lotto, I promise I won't forget ya!!😉🍻
Me either! I’d buy my favorite available retired F1 car and roll it into @Tex Koder ’s driveway for inspiration!

I haven’t checked my tickets from last night…

Me either! I’d buy my favorite available retired F1 car and roll it into @Tex Koder ’s driveway for inspiration!

Thank you gentlemen.
🙏

If that ever comes about ,I would Unleash some Absolutely Absurd RC designs that's been rattling in my head!!

#NoLimits

💥👊

How much is seed money? LOL

@Rcproponent - I'm back in town. Let me see if I can get you more parts. I know I had enough parts to build roughly 3 or 4 more Nero's. Finding them now will be the key. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back