Recommended Arrma Nero & Fazon Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0526.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG
Nero 300k center diff install. Cut about 3mm off a 2.5mm hex, thread into cut with red lock tite. Reinstall with 300k

Anyone seen these for the Nero/Fazon before. Sorry if they've been posted before haha!

they look nice..i inquired about specs....
stainless steel not aluminum...good
600 grams weight = 1.3 lbs ...seems like alot but they are cool

This guy's video is fantastic. I wanna copy some of his ideas like the rod ends, increasing suspension travel, and putting the bigger bore pistons in shocks to get some more articulation more like my old (sold) ERBE.

I installed the 1/8th castle creations fan into the motor to keep things cool and put a hot racing shroud on it ...tbone v2 wheelie bar is on it way right now too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 273
First upgrade I would recommend are the tyres. I tried them briefly at my local rc park running 6 cell. It had grass, dirt track and drag strip. Tyres where slipping on grass on dirt tracks. Two passes on the drag strip and front tyre blew out. Kraton V2 tyres stock where much better.

I installed the largest Dusty Motors cover and it works nicely. Also have the T-Bone Racing rear bumper/skid with wheelie bar, front A-arm and rear A-arm skids, and the chassis skid. The wheelie bar is a must-have for obvious reasons, and I find that the rear A-arm skid gets the most abuse. Good stuff.

View attachment 4275
XXXL Universal cover? How is it holding up? Do you think it would keep snow from building up inside? Thanks.

XXXL Universal cover? How is it holding up? Do you think it would keep snow from building up inside? Thanks.

It's the same one for the Erevo that I used. Could possibly use the bigger one I bet though since this one is kinda tight. Holds up good, yet to use it in snow but it keeps the grass and dust out pretty well!

$1,000,000 question is how long I'll be able to resist buying the new Sensored Castle 2200 motor and ESC for my Big Rock...?

I installed the 1/8th castle creations fan into the motor to keep things cool and put a hot racing shroud on it ...tbone v2 wheelie bar is on it way right now too

Did you power fan motor off receiver- B?

So far I haven't made to many changes, but have had to take the truck almost completely apart and put it back together again. I am still very happy with it, but have had my center diff servo, one lower read suspension arm, and one upper front suspension arm all break. The servo and lower rear suspension arm were both replaced by Arrma under warranty at no cost. I didn't put in a ticket for the front arm because I was already ordering some other parts and wanted to get the replacement quicker. The warranty parts took 2-3 weeks to be delivered. I have only run 6 sets of batteries through this truck and have not been jumping it at all yet. What I have done so far is to add the Arrma wheelie bar, personally I think this one looks better than the T-Bone Racing wheelie bar. Either way a wheelie bar is extremely important on this truck. I have also added the optional dirt guard set and replace the stock springs with the larger optional 75mm springs. While the truck was apart I also modified the front and rear skid plates to allow for more suspension travel. Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture to really show the difference in the stance, but it is pretty obvious that my truck sits higher after installing the longer springs and modifying the skid plates. Here are a couple of picture of the truck and a parts list of what I have added.

Wheelie Bar: AR320255
Dirt Guards: AR330414
75mm Springs: AR330417

Wheelie Bar.jpg 65mm vs 75mm Springs.jpg Big_Rock_Dirt_Guards.jpg Big_Rock_Lifted.jpg Skid_Plate_Mods.jpg Skid_Plate_Mods_Front.jpg Skid_Plate_Mods_Rear.jpg

Man everyone's pictures of their Big Rock's are so clean lol. Today was my first day out with it, and it is beat all to hell!

Aside from that, I have a question:

Has anyone tried any shock rod ends other than the Associated ones? I'm debating on seeing if any of the ones RPM makes will work.

I installed the largest Dusty Motors cover and it works nicely. Also have the T-Bone Racing rear bumper/skid with wheelie bar, front A-arm and rear A-arm skids, and the chassis skid. The wheelie bar is a must-have for obvious reasons, and I find that the rear A-arm skid gets the most abuse. Good stuff.

View attachment 4275

Is that the largest universal one or the largest as in the one for the Xmaxx?

-c

Is that the largest universal one or the largest as in the one for the Xmaxx?

-c
Hot-Racing.com also has one listed as "Dirt Guard Chassis Cover (Lcg) - E-Revo and Nero". The picture is obviously of it on an E-Revo, but it is listed as one of their Nero products.

I will order upgrades to rise up this truck. But i don't know the part numbers. From Sweden if hobby stores have them. Dirt guards to the summer.
The skid plates for raising the truck are not a manufactured part. A few of us have used a Dremel or a band saw to cut the skid plates to allow for the suspension arms to travel more. I am the one who posted the pictures above, but I got the idea from Many over at "Many's rcgarage 68". He has posted a number of video's on YouTube about all the modifications that he has done to his Nero Big Rock. I would suggest that you take a look at his video's. This is a link to his YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaGvKE4bm58xXyYeZ4U4lQg/feed

I have now change the suspension to inner hole. No binding on shock shaft. Ec5 connectors. Maybe test drive soon that all works tomorrow test drive. I will check and order the hpi rodends and hobao shock cups.

I have now change the suspension to inner hole. No binding on shock shaft. Ec5 connectors. Maybe test drive soon that all works tomorrow test drive. I will check and order the hpi rodends and hobao shock cups.

Love me some ec5 connectors! That was the first thing I did when I got my big rock lol.

So check this out ladies & gents! Just got this dual fan heatsink to run on my big rock! Had to do a little molding to make everything fit properly but all in all it seems ok. I haven't had a chance to take it on a run yet but I'll keep everyone updated!

Note: if you run the stock 15t pinion the shaft sits closer to the heatsink. With the 17t pinion it sits closer to the fan.
Also in case anyone is wondering why I decided I needed this setup,it's because I live in yuma AZ and it gets hot as balls here in summer lol.

List of fitment changes and mods:
  1. Installed the fan spacers so the fan closest to the spur will clear the shaft.

2. Rear fan had to be mounted directly to the heatsink without spacers to clear the shock mount thingy

3. Had to Dremel down part of the heatsink so the shaft and shaft boot don't rub (I think I might have to go back in and grind it down a little more,I will see once I run it.)

4. Make sure to test fit the angle of mounting before tightening or installing because it is a tight fit. I actually used the really short screws on one side and then the longer screws on the opposite side so I could tighten the heatsink to the motor properly.

5. I soldered the wires for both fans together to one plug so I could run them in my 4 channel spektrum rx.
That's it! I'll keep you guys updated on how it works out!

Attachments

• 20170217_201714.jpg
    20170217_201714.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 20170217_193925.jpg
    20170217_193925.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 20170217_184809.jpg
    20170217_184809.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 207
  • 20170217_184458.jpg
    20170217_184458.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 212
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back