Typhon Recommended first Typhon upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B0III

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking into getting a Typhon(V3 the blue one). Are there any parts that break quickly and what parts should I get to upgrade them. Links would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I broke a wing and got a slightly cracked body from repeatedly landing upside down... nothing else
I do run front and rear tbone bumpers though.

The planetary gears in the center diff kept breaking on my 2016, so I ordered an aluminum center diff mount. After mounting that and shimming the diffs, I have not had any problems with that. Also, aluminum servo mount and making a bubble on the body so the servo arm won't rub it, made a big difference for steering speed and response.

I'd recommend fortifying the front of the car, you are going to run into something head on at some stage, and stock that means you will break a front lower arm (I've broken two ) can bend a wheel drive shaft (dogbone?) which is expensive, and I have stripped the thread on multiple plastic shock caps.

The toughness upgrades I've ordered are:
  • Arrma Aluminium Upper Shock Cap (ARA330204) note: the v3 cap protectors won't fit with those but that's ok because I ordered...
  • T-Bone Racing Front Shock Skids (10064)
  • T-Bone Racing 1/8 Basher Front (10007) lifetime guarantee
  • T-Bone Racing 1/8 Rear bumper (10006) I didn't get the wide version because I rarely run into something backwards, and I don't like the aesthetics
https://tboneracing.net/collections/typhon

I was uncertain if the TBone Typhon bumpers & such worked on the 2018 model as those previous - if any mounting points moved in the 2018 redesign. Can anybody confirm? I emailed TBone and was disappointed to not get any reply on the topic.

I was uncertain if the TBone Typhon bumpers & such worked on the 2018 model as those previous - if any mounting points moved in the 2018 redesign. Can anybody confirm? I emailed TBone and was disappointed to not get any reply on the topic.
Ordered from TBone last week and installed on my V3 Typhon no problem

Ive had my v2 typhon for a year and a half now. As for breakage ive cracked 2 front hubs, Mainly from repeated bad landings. I run on a dirt track that gets sand on it from occasional flooding. The stock bearings imo are garbage so i switched to sealed AVID bearings with better results. Ive bent a front cvd but heated it up and straightened it. Ive shattered 2 spyder gears in my diffs. They need proper shimming which the factory doesn't provide fully. My stock blx 185 esc fried on me twice its Total garbage, so i just installed a hobbywing max 8. Stock servo is plenty ample imo, stock tires worked good on grass but upgraded to some aka citiblocks for the track. I run a front and rear tbone racing bumper. Bought the wide basher bumper for the rear and later chopped it down. These saved me ALOT from damage to the front. Ive rolled this buggy countless times, hard roof landings, nose dives. The body has some paint rubbing off and some minor cracks but is holding up very nicely. Front body posts has torn through the body a bit so i need metal chassis braces. Overall these shouldnt be deterents for you. This buggy has actually been durable once its properly setup. The gearing was very conservative so id up the tooth count on the pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back