Team Associated Rival MT10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to apologize upfront for being the obviest of captains but...one has a brushed motor and speed controller, whereas the other a brushless powerplant and pulse width modulated pixie delivery system. As for durability....if Kevin Talbot's durability test with a massive dose of Stemp to really see if it can hang isn't a seal of approval, then nothing is.

I didn't even know they made a brushed version. But that being said I would never buy a brushed rc car ever. The brushed motors they include with them are the cheapest of the cheap not to mention that a 550 sized brushed motor was never meant to power a 1/10 scale 4x4 monster truck they burn up in 2wd buggies rather easily. Get the brushless version. And as far as durability goes like @Diem Turner said if KT and Stemp can't break it then you know it is durable.

What is the difference between the Mt10 brushed and brushless editions?

What is your opinion on the durability of this platform?

Thank you!
Here’s a good skatepark video by JayTee RC on the brushed model. I think he kinda hints at the brushless for just a few dollars more. He also has unboxing and first run videos.

if Kevin Talbot's durability test with a massive dose of Stemp to really see if it can hang isn't a seal of approval, then nothing is.

And as far as durability goes like @Diem Turner said if KT and Stemp can't break it then you know it is durable.
I bet our very own @joshludden could give KT a run for the money in durability testing. :giggle:

Here’s a good skatepark video by JayTee RC on the brushed model. I think he kinda hints at the brushless for just a few dollars more. He also has unboxing and first run videos.

I bet our very own @joshludden could give KT a run for the money in durability testing. :giggle:
Would be interesting finding out. But to be fair, Kevin at least somewhat attempted to drive the thing...Stemp was just out for wanton destruction and even he couldn't get the thing to quit. It was pretty...
1671542084444.png

Would be interesting finding out. But to be fair, Kevin at least somewhat attempted to drive the thing...Stemp was just out for wanton destruction and even he couldn't get the thing to quit. It was pretty...
View attachment 263896
I think @Phantom21 could give stemp a run for his money...

Dude broke his front bulkhead (spotty on and off switch doomed one of his jumps). The MT-10 is seriously durable, best strength for buck in my eyes. If you are learning or just want to bash something to the extreme I would highly recommend the brushless version.

20221028_092656.jpg

Last edited:
@Rolannd Yeah, I might give Stemp a run for his money. I've destroyed what he couldn't!

As others have said, the MT10 is a very durable platform. I've bashed it hard to learn how to drive on the limit, that way when I switch to more expensive rigs I have more experience and won't wreck something super expensive.

I haven't had to upgrade much to mine to make it bash ready. I would definitely recommend RPM arms. The wheelie bar isn't very robust, and I haven't found an upgrade for that. That said, I've been doing wheelies with just the wheelie bar bracket and it works ok. I also have had the sway bar links pop off. If I plan to jump it, I'll take a couple minutes to remove the sway bars.

Another possible weak point is the power switch. It's odd, mine seems to have 3 positions on it, off, momentary on, and on. On one jump, the switch cut-off as I hit the ramp (and heard the 3S beeping mid-flight indicating it was powering up again). It ended up hitting the front end on the concrete ramp, and yeah, the bulkhead took the brunt of it. It is possible that I had a bad switch, or I damaged it by driving poorly. Thankfully replacement parts are pretty cheap.

All in all, this is a really solid rig. I would definitely recommend the brushless as it is a beast! It will just about keep up with my brothers 3S Typhon out of the box, and is probably more basher friendly. I think it's probably one of the best entry-level basher RCs out there.

IMG_20221105_072632504.jpg

IMG_20221105_081831918.jpg

Appreciate the experiences and have been thinking about this truck for some fun hardcore bashing without the punch to the pocket book if i break it. just circling back to the original poster question...does anyone truly know what the differences are? Clearly the electronics, but often when downgrading to brushed versions they step down other things. I noted that the lights are not included on the brushed version but looking hard without owning them i don't see anything else obvious. Not sure the OP motivations are for the question, but mine are that i wouldn't be keeping any of the electronics from either set up (got so many other power plants i own already) i would prefer to just save $40 bucks and get the brushed version. I can live without lights.

Appreciate the experiences and have been thinking about this truck for some fun hardcore bashing without the punch to the pocket book if i break it. just circling back to the original poster question...does anyone truly know what the differences are? Clearly the electronics, but often when downgrading to brushed versions they step down other things. I noted that the lights are not included on the brushed version but looking hard without owning them i don't see anything else obvious. Not sure the OP motivations are for the question, but mine are that i wouldn't be keeping any of the electronics from either set up (got so many other power plants i own already) i would prefer to just save $40 bucks and get the brushed version. I can live without lights.

I just checked over both manuals literally the only difference is the power system everything else is 100% the same.

I just notice that the V2 is $399.99 and the V1 is now out of stock everywhere...................... So you will be saving $100 not $40.

-edit- Never mind I was looking at the one that comes with a battery.

If you are going to ditch the stock electronics anyway get the brushed one.

Last edited:
I just checked over both manuals literally the only difference is the power system everything else is 100% the same.
Dang, didnt mean to give you a homework assignment;) but really appreciate the leg work!!! I couldn’t see any differences either.
If you are going to ditch the stock electronics anyway get the brushed one.
Looks that way. $40 savings probably goes straight to some RPM arms(y)

Looks that way. $40 savings probably goes straight to some RPM arms(y)

I would highly recommend RPM arms almost right away. Mine broke after about 5 or 6 runs. I had the RPM arms on-site when the stock ones broke so I managed to replace them then and there with only a minor interruption to my session. I've given them hell since then (probably 15-20 runs since then) and they show no sign of fatigue yet! The same can't be said of the front subframe, although I think that part is really sensitive to cold conditions. I wish RPM made an improved version of that part.

I would highly recommend RPM arms almost right away. Mine broke after about 5 or 6 runs. I had the RPM arms on-site when the stock ones broke so I managed to replace them then and there with only a minor interruption to my session. I've given them hell since then (probably 15-20 runs since then) and they show no sign of fatigue yet! The same can't be said of the front subframe, although I think that part is really sensitive to cold conditions. I wish RPM made an improved version of that part.
Were those the early a arms or the more recent ones? Supposedly they changed the a arms midway through the V1.

Good question, I'm not sure. I bought it back in late September of '22, but that may have been on the shelf for awhile too. I didn't know they changed the design of the arms.
Idk if they changed the design but I know the earlier arms broke a lot and they changed the material or something.

I just rewatched the Talbot vid, from 7 months ago, where he put the RPM arms on the MT10. The ones he broke and took off, look the same as the arms on my MT10 V2 which is only different colors.

If there is a difference, it is in the material as @slick2500 mentioned

What type of run time would you expect roughly from the brushless model with a Overlander 4500mAh 3s 11.1v 55c??

What type of run time would you expect roughly from the brushless model with a Overlander 4500mAh 3s 11.1v 55c??
Depends on how hard you are on the throttle, if you are constantly going wot maybe 5-10 minutes just leasurly driving maybe 15-20. The temperature can also have an effect on run times as well.

Depends on how hard you are on the throttle, if you are constantly going wot maybe 5-10 minutes just leasurly driving maybe 15-20. The temperature can also have an effect on run times as well.
Is that it ? Think I need to find some cheaper batteries:)

Is that it ? Think I need to find some cheaper batteries:)
Like any battery powered device the amount of time the battery lasts depends on how long and how much of the power is being used, wot will drain most any battery rather quickly, look at the speed run guys most get maybe 2-3 passes out of a pack before they are drained, but they are also pulling a lot more amperage than an RTR vehicle will.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back