Senton Senton mega worst rc i have ever bought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Realkyoone

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
  2. 4x4-Mega
Like the title says, third arrma rc but the mega senton 4x4 is the worst i have ever bought. And i had about 20 hobby grade rcs throughout the years.

Received it new in box with a leaky shock and missing body pin retainer.

First run, broke a skid plate after one oops.

Second run broke a rear metal drive axle from just driving on pavement.

Third run broke a skid plate again due to servo locking up. Servo broke too.

. I love my granite 4x4 did u get it from tower? . if so call about missing parts.the stock servo is junk

I also have the broken skid plate and leaky shock issue.

Did you determine what is required to repair the shock? I'm a newbie and have no idea haha. My leak is coming from the top I think.

I've glued my skid plate and used zip ties to help secure it but it breaks almost every bash. I can't find a replacement in stock anywhere and there are no aftermarket pieces available.

I ebayed the skid plate.

The place i ordered from gave me new shock parts but its just an o ring replaced that and put 40wt oil in it. I must admit the repairs are super easy

I also have the broken skid plate and leaky shock issue.

Did you determine what is required to repair the shock? I'm a newbie and have no idea haha. My leak is coming from the top I think.

I've glued my skid plate and used zip ties to help secure it but it breaks almost every bash. I can't find a replacement in stock anywhere and there are no aftermarket pieces available.

I have broke several front skid plates as well. While waiting for a new piece on order, I tried the superglue fix and added a thin piece(RMP .025") of Aluminum I had left over to reinforce it a bit. Next bash session, while attempting to land jumps, it snapped again(my rc superpower appears to be nosediving). I installed a new skid plate and again attached the modified aluminum with 30 lb double sided mounting tape and gorilla duct tape. Several bashings later, I have yet to snap the new skid plate. I am getting a bit better at jumping;) but still have had plenty of "oh crap" landings. Its definitely not a cure all but definitely holding up better than the stock skid plate alone. If i was to do it again, i would use a thicker aluminum as the .025" seems to thin for the application. Looking at purchasing .080"or greater aluminum sheet while aftermarket is hopefully catching up.

Attachments

• A06F8A24-DD2D-4184-8E1D-8E6D7FBE893F.jpeg
    A06F8A24-DD2D-4184-8E1D-8E6D7FBE893F.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 83AE7597-90E0-448E-8DA2-5B9F3B855E8F.jpeg
    83AE7597-90E0-448E-8DA2-5B9F3B855E8F.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 131
Broke my front skid plate again last night, my fault though, pretty hard hit. This is the second skid that has broken in same spot so I think I might reinforce this one with some metal and see if can get more time out of it..

Its such a shame. I had plans to keep this rc since the repairs are so simple. But it seems like i break something everytime i drive it. It cant even last longer than a 2s lipo runtime.

T-bone has the Senton skid designed & will have it ready soon. The axles & outdrives are sintered junk. I've treated all of them so I can at least tighten up the wheel nuts w/o breaking them. The arms also don't get too much protection from the weak links. Strong adjustable links help tremendously.

I really have not mistreated this car. It really just falls apart on its own. And i have bashed emaxxes, stampedes, i race b6, b64 and 22 buggies. The senton is supposed to be my all terrain parking lot basher. But it cant last one full run. I don't know whats wrong. Im telling ya, i must have gotten a lemon.

Last edited:
WTF are you guys jumping/bashing into. My 11, 15 and 17 year old boys have run/bashed heck out of my senton ( with brushless upgrade ) and have only scratched up the body flipping it. I love this truck.
I agree wholeheartedly. My 13yr old and I ragged on my Senton, brand new out of the box all weekend with absolutely no problems.

Logonh, zoldos -

I figured out the solution. I sold it!! Maybe it just isnt for me. Thinking of getting a slash platinum and changing the bumpers and body to the 1/10 rally.

Logonh, zoldos -

I figured out the solution. I sold it!! Maybe it just isnt for me. Thinking of getting a slash platinum and changing the bumpers and body to the 1/10 rally.

The Redcat sc10e is starting to look like a beast to me, especially since it has a metal chassis, full metal drivetrain & CVDs. It can also do 60 mph OoB. It might be easier to race than my Senton 6S. I might pick up one at Amain. Coupons can be used on it for now.

I have a Slash 4x4 & I don't even bother with it anymore. Even after $300 in upgrades, it's still just a car that the chassis can break in 2 places, the diffs are awful, & the Tekno drive shaft can hardly hold up to 3S power. The stock plastic CVDs are MUCH worse than the ones on the Senton 4x4. They can't even hold up to 2S power. But that's still not the biggest waste of money I had with Traxxas. That honor goes to the E-revo 1.0 :rolleyes:

I hear ya mega, but my preference is a rally rc, not sct and i would lower the suspension as well as drive 2s on parking lot surfaces. Not too many chances of crashing

You will have to do a few things to the slash to get the rally body to fit unless you can find a 1st gen rally body. If I HAD to go Traxxas, I would buy the rally roller & add my own electronics. The VXL system & that servo are pathetic. However, I would still go after a metal car & just mod it to rally spec. Plus, the Redcat guy on youtube already modified it for rally spec & has the thing hitting 70 mph with a pinion change. But do what you think is best, this hobby is all about the experience.

Logonh, zoldos -

I figured out the solution. I sold it!! Maybe it just isn't for me. Thinking of getting a slash platinum and changing the bumpers and body to the 1/10 rally.
Hey man if you ain't having fun then change it up! I bashed she poop out of my Granite Mega 4x4. Took lots of on-asphalt jumps/crashes. Flipped it back and over and ran fast as hell. I do think I cracked the lower front bumper assemply. Here look at this pic:

DSC00099.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back