Senton tires!? (belted)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Ok guys, I have asked this question again and AGAIN but I can't find anything. I have grp's on eBay but is like 25 bucks for shipping:cautious:?. I need to find some tires that are belted and not over 70CAD for all 4. For all of yall Americans that is basically 55USD. Keep in mind HobbyHeroes DOES NOT ship to Canada. I hate Canada so MUCH.??. I would love some input from everyone! Also, anyone recommends foam tires? I have seen some and am probably more interested in them! Hoons have gone up to 59CAD for 2 on Amazon so that's a big piggy NO! Thanks Again:)?

Foams are fine if you can find them. And at a price that suits you. They are far and few. Sometimes more money than the Hoons or equivelent rubber types. I like them. But they don't last long if they get muddy and wet. Foams also dry out after time. Even from sitting on the shelf. In the past I have wrapped my foams with masking tape when I stor them, or in a plastic bag. I do this with my vintage Pan cars that are old. Foams can dry out and shred apart with age. They can also chunk apart from bad terrain or unforseen surfaces..
Foamies are very light and generally well balanced. They spool up fast because they are lightweight. I've encountered poorly glued foams also. That separate from the wheel almost immediately new out the box. But give foams a try. They really hook up, if serious speed is your thing.

This is what I have used on my Lim. They sold out a year ago. haven't been back since. They were inexpensive for Foamies. They had few left and I regret not taking all of them. at the cheap price in retrospect. When I received them and looked them over, I immediately tried to get more. But they sold out since. These werent considered high end foamies. But for bashing the price was very practical. These fit 17mm only. Search around. Ebay can really beat you up on shipping. Sellers mark up shipping. Its also part of their profit. Good luck. :cool:

Amazon.com: SOUFORCE 17mm Hex Pre Glued Foam Tires and Nylon Wheel for RC 1:8 Racing Car Model, 4 Pack: Toys & Games

Edit: if you have the choice, get the hardest compound foams they offer. Will last longer. Softest compounds will wear so fast for bashing. Not practical. They are really for Groomed Race track surfaces. As stated above Contact makes decent foamies. Not cheap though.

BSR Racing 17mm Hex 1/8 Mounted GT Foam Tire (White) (2) (XX Pink) [BXRC8018] | Cars & Trucks - AMain Hobbies

Most of my Foamies in the past have been BSR's. They have been around for 20+ years. Well known. Made well. But you $pay$ for what you get with these. Pinks are only available I think. I have the Double purples on my 1/10 pan car and they are still like new. But I don't drive it much. But haven't aged much in the years past. I wrap them for storage. Red is the hardest I believe.

Last edited:
Foams are fine if you can find them. And at a price that suits you. They are far and few. Sometimes more money than the Hoons or equivelent rubber types. I like them. But they don't last long if they get muddy and wet. Foams also dry out after time. Even from sitting on the shelf. In the past I have wrapped my foams with masking tape when I stor them, or in a plastic bag. I do this with my vintage Pan cars that are old. Foams can dry out and shred apart with age. They can also chunk apart from bad terrain or unforseen surfaces..
Foamies are very light and generally well balanced. They spool up fast because they are lightweight. I've encountered poorly glued foams also. That separate from the wheel almost immediately new out the box. But give foams a try. They really hook up, if serious speed is your thing.

This is what I have used on my Lim. They sold out a year ago. haven't been back since. They were inexpensive for Foamies. They had few left and I regret not taking all of them. at the cheap price in retrospect. When I received them and looked them over, I immediately tried to get more. But they sold out since. These werent considered high end foamies. But for bashing the price was very practical. These fit 17mm only. Search around. Ebay can really beat you up on shipping. Sellers mark up shipping. Its also part of their profit. Good luck. :cool:

Amazon.com: SOUFORCE 17mm Hex Pre Glued Foam Tires and Nylon Wheel for RC 1:8 Racing Car Model, 4 Pack: Toys & Games

Edit: if you have the choice, get the hardest compound foams they offer. Will last longer. Softest compounds will wear so fast for bashing. Not practical. They are really for Groomed Race track surfaces. As stated above Contact makes decent foamies. Not cheap though.

BSR Racing 17mm Hex 1/8 Mounted GT Foam Tire (White) (2) (XX Pink) [BXRC8018] | Cars & Trucks - AMain Hobbies

Most of my Foamies in the past have been BSR's. They have been around for 20+ years. Well known. Made well. But you $pay$ for what you get with these. Pinks are only available I think. I have the Double purples on my 1/10 pan car and they are still like new. But I don't drive it much. But haven't aged much in the years past. I wrap them for storage. Red is the hardest I believe.
Thanks for the paragraph. Really didn't have to do it But THANKS?:) . Thanks, @Sandracer_NL, @Edough13, and @SrC for the reply. Love yall! I decided to go for them foams so when I go over 150(I never will ) but when I do I won't have to buy different tires again! These are Duratrax so I am sure they will be decent quality
1606154057647.png

Sorry for the long winded rant. I try to keep it simple as best I can. But have much experience with Foams. I don't want to overload many here however. :cool:
Thanks for the paragraph. Really didn't have to do it But THANKS?:) . Thanks, @Sandracer_NL, @Edough13, and @SrC for the reply. Love yall! I decided to go for them foams so when I go over 150(I never will ) but when I do I won't have to buy different tires again! These are Duratrax so I am sure they will be decent quality
View attachment 110629
Are you looking for 12mm hex or 17mm? 1/10 vs 1/8 wheels, because these appear as 12mm 1/10 scale Touring Car foams in this picture. TC wheels are like only 60mm tall on average.( Look at the hub hole, its not for a 17mm hub) Be careful when shopping these. You may get the wrong ones. At that price is probably 1/10 scale. Just double check. Don't want you to make the mistake. BTW 35 Shore is a medium compound FWIW.:cool:

Last edited:
Sorry for the long winded rant. I try to keep it simple as best I can. But have much experience with Foams. I don't want to overload many here however. :cool:
NO no no no! It was really helpful. I loved to read it. I like when people put their effort into posts to HELP other people. It was full of info and I like it when people also give their experience with the things they have used. No one likes to was their money! Right? Especially a 13 y/o like me! ? ;):p:cool: THANKS FOR THE HELP @SrC :love:

I like helping. Never a problem. I made mistakes, and wasted money learning. I can help others make better choices than I did. I didnt have much help. I did learn much of it racing at the track many year sago and follow RC racing a lot to this day. Good luck. :cool:

Good luck with your goal for the 150!?
speeding ride em on down GIF by The Rolling Stones
That journey is gonna begin with an infraction! Got 1000 CAD saved up. My mom asked me if I wanted an Apple Watch or 500. I said 500. I am deciding since I just moved If I wanna Build a pc or continue with more RC's. What rc should I get next?

How would you feel after getting these and running them if the grip is really bad and they get ruined after 2-3 runs?
That is a highly possible result when running foams.

I don't know your experience level or speed goals but I generally say you should not use foams unless you are doing drag racing, or have reached 140mph and having tires issues.

How would you feel after getting these and running them if the grip is really bad and they get ruined after 2-3 runs?

I don't know your experience level or speed goals but I generally say you should not use foams unless you are doing drag racing, or have reached 140mph and having tires issues.
How would they get ruined? Does this acc happen to foams? I would feel bad but they are 15 bucks so ehh. Depends on my mood. LOL

Ok guys, I have asked this question again and AGAIN but I can't find anything. I have grp's on eBay but is like 25 bucks for shipping:cautious:?. I need to find some tires that are belted and not over 70CAD for all 4. For all of yall Americans that is basically 55USD. Keep in mind HobbyHeroes DOES NOT ship to Canada. I hate Canada so MUCH.??. I would love some input from everyone! Also, anyone recommends foam tires? I have seen some and am probably more interested in them! Hoons have gone up to 59CAD for 2 on Amazon so that's a big piggy NO! Thanks Again:)?
Are you running stock14mm or did you upgrade to 17mm axle hexes? The Louise's GT Tarmacs look good diameter size wise for Senton. But they are 17mm hex hubs. I cant get Louises her in the states. Duratrax is their brand here in the states. And usually are identical but I don't see the Tarmacs in the DTX version.

Very true. Good advice. That's why I advised a cheapo set of foams initially for rough bashing around. (y) They will get bricked very fast.

Last edited:
Are you running stock14mm or did you upgrade to 17mm axle hexes? The Louise's GT Tarmacs look good diameter size wise for Senton. But they are 17mm hex hubs. I cant get Louises her in the states. Duratrax is their brand here in the states. And usually are identical but I don't see the Tarmacs in the DTX version.
I have 14 and 17mm. Currently, I am running 17mm because I borrowed some tires from my friends

Govern yourself accordingly then. The Louise GT Tarmacs look more practical. If you can find them. Or just Hoons, but they may be too large a diameter for the Senton 3S. IDK
How would they get ruined? Does this acc happen to foams? I would feel bad but they are 15 bucks so ehh. Depends on my mood. LOL
They are foam. They tear up easily. Wear out fast, getting thinner and thinner, lowering the profile till yu are riding on the wheels themselves. Thats is in a best case scenario. Worst case is they just chunk apart with pieces missing. Can happen almost immediately. Not practical. But if you want to experience foams to see the difference from rubber, just find cheapos, they just will not last long. As @LibertyMKiii states. (y)

Last edited:
I have noticed foams hold up great when going straight, but if the car slides at all where the tire is going sideways (for example drifting or power sliding) then they will "Chunk" where chunks of the foam comes off. You can run them still with a little bit missing but at some point it becomes a big problem and they have to be thrown in the trash. Rubber tires on the other hand can take a serious beating and keep on going.

I have noticed foams hold up great when going straight, but if the car slides at all where the tire is going sideways (for example drifting or power sliding) then they will "Chunk" where chunks of the foam comes off. You can run them still with a little bit missing but at some point it becomes a big problem and they have to be thrown in the trash. Rubber tires on the other hand can take a serious beating and keep on going.
Good to know. These are really cheap (the foams) and I think I will opt for them since I am speed running. Then I will see what way to go from there!

Yes as @LibertyMKiii said the foams do chunk out pretty easy. We got a set of the Contact foams for my son's WLtoys 144001 brushless speed run conversion and after probably 15+ passes tires are already starting to chunk out. But they are great for speed runs and cheap enough to replace often anyways. Went out today and got a good 3s pass in and hit 59.9 MPH!!! Very happy and is our new PB, just wish it read 60 even damn it lol. I'll post video later to his build thread and also in the speed run thread when I get it edited ?
Screenshot_20201123-135656.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back