Senton tires!? (belted)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are cheap so? better than pricey GRP's and some others can buy probably 4 sets of the Contact's for one set of those, just something also to consider. Also I'm running on not the nicest road either so sure they'd hold up better on good road, and I've went off the road few times so sure that didn't help.

Ok my bad, I'm not all that familiar with GRP's I thought they were more expensive than that. I just know a full set of the Contact's were only $15 which is very cheap?

I have noticed foams hold up great when going straight, but if the car slides at all where the tire is going sideways (for example drifting or power sliding) then they will "Chunk" where chunks of the foam comes off. You can run them still with a little bit missing but at some point it becomes a big problem and they have to be thrown in the trash. Rubber tires on the other hand can take a serious beating and keep on going.
Absolutely. (y) You obviously have much experience with foams. Drifting and ripping around, a lot of radial tire scrub will chew them apart. Chunking sucks. If you catch it in time, you can glue it, but that tire will never be your "good" tire anymore". The rig WILL drive crappy at speed and tend to drift left or right depending on its position on the rig. etc.. Sometimes you just end up with chunked holes... some guys cut spare foam from old foam wheels to patch them with glue in a pinch. "Foam safe" CA is required to glue foamies because regular generic CA melts the foam. Foams can be a PIA. I could go on and on about 1/8 scale nitro Racing and foams. Cutting, shaping and trueing them and altering rollout etc. setting rollout bias.... traction treatments But that is more than we need here.

(1) Serpent Viper 989 - An IFMAR 1/8 Nitro On-Road Race Class Legend - The Ferrari of RC - Italian Motor - YouTube

I Love this guy. He lives in NYC, Staten Island. He is a pisser. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back