Outcast Shock Tower Option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only saw one person post so far in this thread saying they ordered something and they didn't get their order as it was most likely lost in shipping. So not sure how people not getting things even really became a topic in this thread as that is not an issue that Voltage Hobbies has currently.

I got sick of waiting for the suspension mounts to come back in stock and all be in stock at the same time, literally every time I would check for a month there would be some of them in stock but some of them weren't and as @chevys10zr2003 mentioned above I wanted to order everything at once, not have to place 5 different orders and pay shipping each and every time. So I bought Hot Racing mounts and just de-anodized them along with everything else.
Yes...I would also like to buy all at once. Just makes cents!

I only saw one person post so far in this thread saying they ordered something and they didn't get their order as it was most likely lost in shipping. So not sure how people not getting things even really became a topic in this thread as that is not an issue that Voltage Hobbies has currently.

I got sick of waiting for the suspension mounts to come back in stock and all be in stock at the same time, literally every time I would check for a month there would be some of them in stock but some of them weren't and as @chevys10zr2003 mentioned above I wanted to order everything at once, not have to place 5 different orders and pay shipping each and every time. So I bought Hot Racing mounts and just de-anodized them along with everything else.
It became a topic because of powerdubs. Guy's got a hard-on for Voltage.

Seems more like bickety has the hard on... power dub post was more of a buyer beware. Then bickety took it like a personal attack... and here we are. just my 2 cents

ordered talion chassis braces other week . had them within a week and live in england :)

ordered talion chassis braces other week . had them within a week and live in england :)
Again people not getting their orders is not the issue. Having items in stock and communication are the issues.

Doubtful! Probably just waiting for parts to be back in stock. Haven't heard of anybody not getting their parts after ordering.

Order placed Friday. Shipped that same day. Will be here today. If Voltage has the part in stock and you are able to order it via their website, you *will* get it.

Screenshot_20190722-081105_Chrome.jpg

Order placed Friday. Shipped that same day. Will be here today. If Voltage has the part in stock and you are able to order it via their website, you *will* get it.

View attachment 43609

Again people not getting their orders is not the issue and never has been so just stop.

The issues are not having things in stock and not communicating with customers.

I repeated myself because apparently you didn't read it the first time I said it.

Again people not getting their orders is not the issue and never has been so just stop.

The issues are not having things in stock and not communicating with customers.

I repeated myself because apparently you didn't read it the first time I said it.

In other words- buyer beware.
<snip>
If you can't respond in a reasonable time frame, nor ship in a reasonable time frame- don't take people's money.

Delivery took longer than any other place I have ordered RC parts from in the same time period ( A LOT )

Voltage you place an order and a week later still wonder if they've shipped.

We also don't have a website that will take a paypal payment without actually having to do anything.
<snip>
This guy takes payment from a computer system and leaves you in the dark as to what will happen afterward.

A notice of shipping label creation is the not same as actually shipping.

Most times it takes a day or 2 afterward to actually get out the door and on a truck.

Hey @slick2500 . You might want to read through the thread. I just quoted several instances that mention shipping and time to receive the orders. I was demonstrating that I ordered on Friday and will receive my parts today. I got an email when I placed my order from Voltage as well as PayPal. I then received a shipping notice an hour later with a tracking number. All of this goes against the motion that it takes days to ship and when you place an order you are left in the dark (quoted above). So with all due respect, you are off base. Like in the dugout. A warning was posted about the possibility of getting screwed out of your money by Voltage (because he doesn't answer emails and is out of stock on certain items.) I'm saying it's no more of a concern than whether you will get your T-Bone order when you place it with T-Bone. In other words, extremely unlikely.

Hey @slick2500 . You might want to read through the thread. I just quoted several instances that mention shipping and time to receive the orders. I was demonstrating that I ordered on Friday and will receive my parts today. I got an email when I placed my order from Voltage as well as PayPal. I then received a shipping notice an hour later with a tracking number. All of this goes against the motion that it takes days to ship and when you place an order you are left in the dark (quoted above). So with all due respect, you are off base. Like in the dugout. A warning was posted about the possibility of getting screwed out of your money by Voltage (because he doesn't answer emails and is out of stock on certain items.) I'm saying it's no more of a concern than whether you will get your T-Bone order when you place it with T-Bone. In other words, extremely unlikely.

One person posting they had a problem is not an issue so stop trying to turn it into one. Sometimes I wonder about him anyway.

All of my Voltage orders, when he had the stuff I wanted in stock, shipped out right away as well. Just like you I would order stuff on a Friday and have it in my hands by Monday.

What does this thread have to do with T-Bone Racing? We already have a thread to complain about them so go complain about them there. This thread is for complaining about Voltage Hobbies lol.

Ed,

Congrats you got your parts quick. I never have.

That being said- I also never said *anything* about myself or others having never received parts.

All I did was offer a warning that the communication and ship times for me was poor, - and others have complained as well.

Based on past experiences with several other vendors for the last couple decades it could be a bad sign.

So stop trying to throw me under a bus. Seriously.

If I was a bad guy I would not be offering advice, I would sit back and watch the world burn.

Ed,

Congrats you got your parts quick. I never have.

That being said- I also never said *anything* about myself or others having never received parts.

All I did was offer a warning that the communication and ship times for me was poor, - and others have complained as well.

Based on past experiences with several other vendors for the last couple decades it could be a bad sign.

So stop trying to throw me under a bus. Seriously.

If I was a bad guy I would not be offering advice, I would sit back and watch the world burn.
It seems you are the abnomaly as most everyone has received their parts in a timely manner. What you did was offer a "warning" that Voltage may be on the path of taking people's money and not delivering a part. This was based on the fact that they don't have many parts in stock and they don't answer emails in a timely fashion. I found this "warning" completely unfounded and reprehensible. If we use your criteria for possibly being screwed out of money, you could add hundreds of companies to the list. I truly believe that your problem with Voltage Hobbies is their refusal to offer you a military discount. And for that you posted something that would potentially dissuade a customer from purchasing one of their in-stock items. You have an axe to grind and you know attacking their product would be fruitless. So here we are.

I've been following this thread all day, and tried to keep out of it, but enough's enough. @PowerDubs, you gave an unfounded warning due to your belief that if they aren't answering emails, they must be going out of business. There have been numerous examples of recent purchases that were delivered in an extraordinarily quick fashion. Did you ever stop to think that maybe some emails don't get through? They have a website and it clearly states what they have in stock and what they don't. Someone is taking care of this, so we know there are people on the other end. It is very possible that some emails get blocked, and therefore go unanswered. This is a problem for even the largest of companies, Horizon for example. I emailed them repeatedly about an issue, and never received a response. I decided to call, and while on the phone, proceeded to try again. Blocked. Not sure why, but that was the case. They immediately sent me an email to which I replied, and sure enough the problem was solved. This doesn't mean it won't happen again either, but that's just the way servers work. And also keep in mind, their strength is in building quality parts, and they're probably not suited to be answering what probably amounts to hundreds of emails each month. Maintaining the new website and making sure that parts are being built and shipped would be daunting for a small family business. Better they maintain focus on what they know, not what they don't.
So you're repeated warnings about what has come to be a highly touted supplier of quality rc parts, definitely is unwarranted. And about the vendor forums, hate to break it to you, but almost all the vendors have stopped contributing here. The Arrma Forum is not their bread and butter and that comes from the horses mouth. They take most of their time updating Facebook and Instagram because that reaches the broadest audience. Nothing against the forum itself, but even the big chief Jason Dearden of Arrma wrote me a pm on Facebook once, explaining that he loves that there is an Arrma Forum, but that's not where they put their focus. Facebook, YouTube and Instagram broadcast to millions of people and that's where you can expect to see these suppliers on a regular basis.
So until you have ordered a part, paid for it, and it never shows up, you may want to keep the negative comments and warnings about @Voltage Hobbies off the forum. If that happens to you and you can prove it, I'll print out this message and eat it, recorded for proof in case you don't think I can keep my word.

I think vendors are nuts for joining this forum. No good comes of it. I don't blame T-Bone, M2C, Voltage, etc for packing up and leaving town.

I think vendors are nuts for joining this forum. No good comes of it. I don't blame T-Bone, M2C, Voltage, etc for packing up and leaving town.
The sad thing is there are reps from companies all over RCTech and none of them leave. I think people just pestered them too much with stupid crap.

Don't forget RcJuice, we scared him away, but that was his own doing as his policies for returns on motors are bull**** and he got called out on it and didn't like it.

And speaking of getting of getting blocked by companies randomly, there has been 2 occasions now where I have been blocked on the RcJuice website on accident. The system wouldn't let me log in, it just brought me to a page that said to contact the administrator.

I found this "warning" completely unfounded and reprehensible.

Unfounded? No- again backed on numerous other similar paths on real work car modifying over the years. Just because you aren't aware of such things does not make it unfounded whatsoever. If anything it just makes you inexperienced, and/or naive.

Reprehensible? Are you even sure you know what that word means? Because it is pretty harsh to throw around, and THAT is unfounded.

I truly believe that your problem with Voltage Hobbies is their refusal to offer you a military discount. And for that you posted something that would potentially dissuade a customer from purchasing one of their in-stock items. You have an axe to grind and you know attacking their product would be fruitless.

Excuse me?

Are you truly that much of an ignorant asshole?

I have ZERO axes to grind, have already said the product was high quality- and said MY experience was poor communication and shipping time. That is NOT attacking by any means.

I greatly appreciate any vendor that offers military a discount, and happily share that info with others- both as a benefit to fellow vets in the hobby, but also as a benefit to the vendor themselves- when they offer a discount, and by the vet sharing that info the vendor potentially gets more business. Win-win.

I never expect a discount, nor would I ever wish harm on someone who didn't offer one. To say that I would, or anyone else would is shameful on you and really makes you look callous and spiteful to try to win an irrational argument.
@PowerDubs, you gave an unfounded warning due to your belief .....you may want to keep the negative comments and warnings about

As much as you just had the choice to post your blurb, I certainly could post my experience.

Just because YOU don't like what I had to say doesn't make it 'unfounded' nor do you have the right to tell me not to comment or give a warning.

You don't need to agree with me, I don't need to agree with you. Doesn't make me wrong. But certainly makes many of you oversensitive.

Holy hell you people- you act like I said he killed somebody. I never said parts not received, never said ripped off.

I said poor communication and slow shipping. I said other companies who showed this behavior like this have end up eventually ripping people off so buyer beware.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back