Outcast Shock Tower Option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Do I wait on Voltage Hobby to restock or go with another brand?

A lot of people go with other brands rather than wait for VH to restock. I had to wait weeks for Voltage to restock rear towers for the Kraton/Outcast.

A lot of people go with other brands rather than wait for VH to restock. I had to wait weeks for Voltage to restock rear towers for the Kraton/Outcast.
I read that in a few threads here but wanted to double check.

I read that in a few threads here but wanted to double check.
Voltage is a small business, kind of a one man band, but makes superior products. They have runs on specific parts and seem to sell out fairly quick, espically rear towers. You have to check their site out almost daily to see if your part is back in stock. Fit and finish is excellent and looks are amazing. I had to wait several weeks to get everything I wanted for my Krate and OC, but glad I did because IMO their parts are second to none. Kenny has always answered my emails fairly quick, so I would contact him to get info on your parts in question.

I've been waiting months for a FR suspension mount. Towers he seems to do runs of more often, 2 or 3 restocks since I've been waiting for the mount.

Also you may have to buy one piece at a time as they come out. Then you're locked in and just have to sit tight for the rest.

But they are totally worth the wait.

I've been waiting months for a FR suspension mount. Towers he seems to do runs of more often, 2 or 3 restocks since I've been waiting for the mount.

Also you may have to buy one piece at a time as they come out. Then you're locked in and just have to sit tight for the rest.

But they are totally worth the wait.
Thats also what I keep hearing...I will wait it out.

What about "Just Bash It" stuff. Little more expensive but seems to be quality stuff and in stock. I've never used their stuff. Just throwing out options

Just to throw another idea at you..

You can also choose to go with "Alza Racing" a slovakian (EU) based company who makes them.. In either 5mm 6082 or 5mm 7075 spec aluminium..

Thanks for all the replies. I truly appreciate the information.

I am looking for new towers and do not want to have to buy new ones every 3 or 4 months.

I'm waiting for 6 weeks now to answer him to any of my mails - i'm wondering if he's still in business...
I'm wondering that too. Not out of business yet, but gearing towards that. He does usually answer quick and I haven't got an answer back for awhile now. He may be swamped, it is a small business, but I hope everything is alright with him.

Not out of business yet, but gearing towards that.

Yea... I have several of his parts on both my Arrma, all great quality, slow to arrive. But have in the past few months have emailed him, and posted to his threads on here with no response.

Anything I need in the future I will look elsewhere.

After looking at the JBI towers a question popped up...is worth it to get the 8mm vs 6mm? Sent a few emails to Voltage Hobbies and no reply yet...we'll see if he restocks when I am ready to purchase.

Since I am in the states I would like to use a stateside vendor.

Sent a few emails to Voltage Hobbies and no reply yet...we'll see

And at what point should we all stop waiting, or even trusting someone who ignore numerous emails from numerous people, ignore posts on a forum that all his customers come from?

I've modified real world cars heavily for decades- and have seen several times that someone starts a small enthusiast supply of parts- and then as time goes on they do exactly what this guy is doing, delays, no responses, excuses- and next thing to come is people paying and never getting parts or a refund.

I'm not saying he is going to do that- but he is well on his way of following the same path. I've seen it too many times. Fortunately on RC cars we are talking much less money risked. On real world cars I have seen many many people taken for thousands of dollars.

And at what point should we all stop waiting, or even trusting someone who ignore numerous emails from numerous people, ignore posts on a forum that all his customers come from?

I've modified real world cars heavily for decades- and have seen several times that someone starts a small enthusiast supply of parts- and then as time goes on they do exactly what this guy is doing, delays, no responses, excuses- and next thing to come is people paying and never getting parts or a refund.

I'm not saying he is going to do that- but he is well on his way of following the same path. I've seen it too many times. Fortunately on RC cars we are talking much less money risked. On real world cars I have seen many many people taken for thousands of dollars.
That's pretty harsh. Not responding to emails or having stock is one thing. Not delivering a paid for part is another and that hasn't happened and I'd bet my Arrma collection that it won't. There is no basis for that happening other than some stupid sh!t you are saying. No offense, and I think you are a good poster, but this is a pretty reckless this to post.

Bam- re-read what I wrote.

Specifically I said- "I'm not saying he is going to do that- but he is well on his way of following the same path."

In other words- buyer beware.

This is not harsh- this is a warning. As I wrote- I have seen the very same happen many times over my decades of enthusiast hobbies, and forums online.

And just like you are now, at first there were people in those other circumstance that didn't think it would happen, posted in defense of a favored shop.

Time will tell. All I know is I have seen poor response from Kenny not only in my multiple purchases from him- but an increasing number of other people ticked enough to vocalize it. It isn't made up, it is real- and it is getting worse.

It is not reckless to share a warning of past experiences with other similar situations, and is not baseless, nor 'stupid poop posting'.

He might be the nicest guy in the world- to those he chooses to be, but his priorities are not in the right place to run a business.

If you can't respond in a reasonable time frame, nor ship in a reasonable time frame- don't take people's money.

Bam- re-read what I wrote.

Specifically I said- "I'm not saying he is going to do that- but he is well on his way of following the same path."

In other words- buyer beware.

This is not harsh- this is a warning. As I wrote- I have seen the very same happen many times over my decades of enthusiast hobbies, and forums online.

And just like you are now, at first there were people in those other circumstance that didn't think it would happen, posted in defense of a favored shop.

Time will tell. All I know is I have seen poor response from Kenny not only in my multiple purchases from him- but an increasing number of other people ticked enough to vocalize it. It isn't made up, it is real- and it is getting worse.

It is not reckless to share a warning of past experiences with other similar situations, and is not baseless, nor 'stupid poop posting'.

He might be the nicest guy in the world- to those he chooses to be, but his priorities are not in the right place to run a business.

If you can't respond in a reasonable time frame, nor ship in a reasonable time frame- don't take people's money.

Then add Hot Racing to the list of companies that might just take your money and not deliver a part because they simply do not respond to email ever (other than an auto response).

Nowhere near the same and you know it. Stop being obtuse.

Hot racings parts can be ordered from countless vendors and the parts arrive.

Voltage you place an order and a week later still wonder if they've shipped.

One of us is using logic, the other emotion.

I've said my thought, and my warning to those that want to listen. I'm done here. :)

I'm waiting since may 30th for a response. First they seem to got my address wrong (missing a number) while it is correct in their system. Now the package is still not here and i politely asked if they can contact usps. Another two weeks with no response.

Granted, he may be a one person company and in hospital or somesthing - still it does not look well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back