Kraton Should I buy a Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I had the Typhon , it is a fast little buggy and extremely durable , but it lacked the ground clearance of the Talion / Kraton . Now the Talion vs. Kraton , I wanted something when I pulled the trigger it would take off and not be a wheelie machine , so went with the Talion . It handles like it's on rails , very fast , flies thru the air IMO the best of those three , and if you want the different experience like a Kraton , simply put on a set of the Backflip LP's from the 4s lineup . This is with the Backflip Lp's

very nice -- that's a sick video, great terrain. Appreciate your take on the lineup...
Get a Talion, end of discussion :ROFLMAO:
Get the Kraton later, if you still want one.
Worth the wait for the V5?

@ErieArrma, rumnors have it that it will be out in Summer. your call if it's worth the wait.
Taking a look at the V5's it will be with Spektrum ESC/Motor/Servo. Hopefully the servo is no throwaway like the current model.
For the V4 you will need a radio and a servo as well.

The BLX ESC/motor is still going strong in mine and love it. Minor mods like Backflip LP tires and motor fans and you will never look back.

Kraton is fun, Talion is a blast.

@ErieArrma, rumnors have it that it will be out in Summer. your call if it's worth the wait.
Taking a look at the V5's it will be with Spektrum ESC/Motor/Servo. Hopefully the servo is no throwaway like the current model.
For the V4 you will need a radio and a servo as well.

The BLX ESC/motor is still going strong in mine and love it. Minor mods like Backflip LP tires and motor fans and you will never look back.

Kraton is fun, Talion is a blast.
good info, thank you

So I bought a Typhon 6s and its insane, love it. Wore the stock tires bare, waiting for some MX 28s to arrive which will make it more of a truggy basher, but absolutely love the speed, agility and power of the car. Never considered racing but after having this car I can see where it would be fun. It will be interesting to see how I use the car with the different tires. I'm loving these Arrma cars and I'm tempted to pick up a Kraton to replace my MT4-G3 which I will likely sell. BUT am I being irrational?? is the Typhon with bigger wheels all I need or will the Kraton bring me that more diversity and enjoyment in my RC portfolio to justify the cost?? What say you Arrma community?
So I bought a Typhon 6s and its insane, love it. Wore the stock tires bare, waiting for some MX 28s to arrive which will make it more of a truggy basher, but absolutely love the speed, agility and power of the car. Never considered racing but after having this car I can see where it would be fun. It will be interesting to see how I use the car with the different tires. I'm loving these Arrma cars and I'm tempted to pick up a Kraton to replace my MT4-G3 which I will likely sell. BUT am I being irrational?? is the Typhon with bigger wheels all I need or will the Kraton bring me that more diversity and enjoyment in my RC portfolio to justify the cost?? What say you Arrma community?
I have a Notorious
I have a notorious 6s v5 I absolutely love this backfliping,bashing,wheel standing,speed MONSTER!!! And it has excellent control in the air when you adjust your punch setting 🤯😄😀🤪this monster is pure FUN

Bro I'm not even going to read the above comments before replying as I'm very passionate about this so here's my opinion. YES buy a Kraton. They are completely different and special in their own right. I recommend the exb 1/8 scale kraton and I would buy the following from Jenny's rc. (Jenny's should have the spektrum 160amp esc back in stock soon I would think). Your welcome 👊

https://jennysrc.com/products/krato...-firma-spektrum-spmxsm1205-arrma-1-5-ar110002

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...m-spektrum-dx3-infraction-srs6100at-ara7617v2

https://www.promodeler.com/DS555BLHV

Kratons can stomp some pretty monster airs. They're not as stable on 30-60 footers as a typhon, but if you can land on the wheels, they'll make 100 footers look easy. Notorious are a but more psycho and unstable, but super fun to try triple flips over the garage with.

Bro I'm not even going to read the above comments before replying as I'm very passionate about this so here's my opinion. YES buy a Kraton. They are completely different and special in their own right. I recommend the exb 1/8 scale kraton and I would buy the following from Jenny's rc. (Jenny's should have the spektrum 160amp esc back in stock soon I would think). Your welcome 👊

https://jennysrc.com/products/krato...-firma-spektrum-spmxsm1205-arrma-1-5-ar110002

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...m-spektrum-dx3-infraction-srs6100at-ara7617v2

https://www.promodeler.com/DS555B
Bro, thank you for taking the time to put that together for me... love the passion and I think you have got my heard right where it needs to be!
Kratons can stomp some pretty monster airs. They're not as stable on 30-60 footers as a typhon, but if you can land on the wheels, they'll make 100 footers look easy. Notorious are a but more psycho and unstable, but super fun to try triple flips over the garage with.
Over the garage, lol. What a hobby

Compare it to chess, yes Kraton is King while Talion is the Queen that can actually move and get sh%^$t done! :ROFLMAO:
I'll take both of mine out today and I already know which one will break something silly while the other one will fly. Wouldn't want to part with either though.

@dk3000 any difference between these or doesn't really matter?
1616852075709.png

You’ll end up with them all so just figure on what you want first. Kraton would be a larger step away than the talion. It will have better ground clearance and it’s wider. Talion has the electrics back a little further and handles better. Kraton with a 45 or 48 can motor is quite a violent machine. The talion imo needs to stay light so light stock wheels, or original pl badlands are the way to go. Bf lps do well but I would not go any heavier in the talion because you are just starting to turn away from what makes a talion special, it’s light weight.

Bro I'm not even going to read the above comments before replying
No one does...

@Jimbobjr I'm hearing what you are saying I will likely end up with them all. Agree that 1/8 Kraton with the 1/5 motor/esc would make a seriously violent machine. Probably way overkill for my old ass! Might just enjoy playing around with my Typhon experimenting with diff oil combos and the different tire setups, and hopefully the Talion will be out this summer. Wonder if they'll do an EXB or just the V5 updates. I'm quite pleased with the V5 Typhon RTR -- makes it simpler. Although I haven't bashed it hard yet...

Honestly I was in same case than you (typhon to kraton). And I ended with talion V4 last week, I cannot wait for the v5 cuz I am so weak :D

And God, I love the talion so much.

Bro, thank you for taking the time to put that together for me... love the passion and I think you have got my heard right where it needs to be!

Over the garage, lol. What a hobby
Didnt get any video of the notorious over the garage, but here's a typhon clip 😉

My god, epic flight!! Small margin for error with that jeep in the landing zone.... how many takes til you got it?
Nice work, glad you are enjoying the Talion!!! Congrats. Think I’m going to bash the typhon and see what it can do with the max28 and diff oil optimized, then snag a v5 talion this summer if I’m not too busy fishing !! Too many hobbies
Sorry mis quoted the last two responses. Literally drunk in a tub

Last edited:
I had the same problem, started with a Typhon and tried bigger wheels and suspension settings for off road but the Kraton is a vastly different vehicle more suited to heavier terrain. I have both now, picked up a Kraton v5 last week and couldn't be happier. I'm gonna keep my typhon asphalt focused and the kraton will take on grass and rough terrain. Look at the size and clearance differences.

Whatever you decide, good luck!
20210329_064034.jpg
20210329_064053.jpg
20210329_064109.jpg
20210329_064121.jpg
20210329_064256.jpg

I had the same problem, started with a Typhon and tried bigger wheels and suspension settings for off road but the Kraton is a vastly different vehicle more suited to heavier terrain. I have both now, picked up a Kraton v5 last week and couldn't be happier. I'm gonna keep my typhon asphalt focused and the kraton will take on grass and rough terrain. Look at the size and clearance differences.

Whatever you decide, good luck!View attachment 135560View attachment 135561View attachment 135562View attachment 135563View attachment 135564
The matching body on the Typhon is slick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back