Should I buy a SENTON 3S V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Senton, well it started its life as a Senton. I believe it is all based on where you are driving and 2hat surface. I run on a track in my backyard mostly but I also have a sick jump in my front yard. I run it like a typhon on track and more like kraton or notorious on the jumps. So, where are you driving and what surface will it see most also what kind of driving? Basher?

***edit****
I forgot to mention the body sucks on the senton. All the debris from the tires gets stuck in the body. Which causes a whole slew of issues.

Should you buy a Senton? Yes.
Are they awesome fun? Yes.

I run a Typhon 6s, and my mate has a Senton 3s - they are both an absolute riot. If you do buy one, band the tyres (Sentons love to shred them on the bodywork) and get out there and have some fun.

Other than the usual sct problem of filling chassis with crap due to body over tires I absolutely love my Senton. Tough truck and I launch it way bigger and farther than my granite.

I would look at Typhon or if you get the Senton just be mindful of emptying the chassis of dirt every so often. When I had the senton body on mine it ate dirt all the time. Clogged up my fans and got into the spur and pinion gear, which made it a pain to puul and burnt up a spur. Honestly the senton is kinda versatile but takes a bit of aftermarket to set up.
Here is my jumping/Basher setup
DSC_0154.JPG
and this was track but with 6s Notorious shocks which work great for jumping high
DSC_0151.JPG

Took the backflips ?  hers my backyard track its high silt. I glue it once a month
16026010391618519770457196132754.jpg

Hope this helps your decision

DSC_0152.JPG

Senton is great besides getting rocks and stuff in it. The tires wear out a bit quick and they are just too soft for me. The big rock v3 is an excellent option too. Honestly picking through the 3s trucks is what ever looks you’re going for they all take insane abuse.
when you get yours check the gear mesh and put nicer bearings in the motor then bash on!

edit* I don’t know if the grit getting in the gear box is still an issue but I just cut a 1/2” hole under the spur gear and call it good, it doesn’t even have to be that big.

If you like the way the Slash bashes, then you should love the Senton.

Personally, I like a SCT on the track, but don't like to bash with them. For my SCT, when I bash it, I swap to a body that does not cover the wheels and drop on MT size wheels. This avoids most of the dirt in the chassis issue, and the bigger tires bash better. On the track, though, a SCT is loads of fun, so long as you don't have huge jumps.

It sounds like to me the only reoccurring issue with the SENTON S3 is rocks and grit. We've only had 4 issues with the slash, son hit something and had to replace the transmission case, brushed motor burnt up, shocks leaked and steering servo fuse burnt. We bypassed the fuse. We don't drive it all out just like to have fun. I think I'm going to pull the trigger. What LiPos and charger do you all recommend?

I own 3 sct a redcat, kyosho, and arrma. The Arrma is the worst at getting debris in the chassis. Good advice on the hole I have heard that before but just didn't think about it till now. Another mod I'd do right out the box is the wheel hexes. I am running the typhon 6s but any 17mm hexes will give better tire options

Put a chassis net cover on it , but be aware about motor temps climbing , make sure there is a motor fan . Stop every now and then to check it / let it cool down .

Do you like the ARRMA better than the Red at?
I have never driven a Redcat , so I don't know , but I have owned a Typhon 3s and Senton 3s , but FWIW I prefer the 6s models with the center diff vs. a slipper clutch . But with that said , I would def get a Senton 3s over any other brand , they are priced aggressively compared to most others , I feel you get a heck of a lot of RC in the Arrma 3s lineup !!!!

Arrma is way better. Easy to work on and the parts interchange which just makes it easy to go from intense jumper one day a track runner the next. I currently have only my senton chassis so it has typhon arms on it then I just change the shocks and tires. Versitle platform vs others which are more dedicated to one discipline. Just my two cents
For batteries I'd suggest at least 5000mah and 50c
For the brand I personally vote
Spektrum
Love there ic3 or ic5 connections and the smart charger is awesome for all the battery details. I abuse mine(put it in my e-skate ?) undercharged them overcharged them and let them sit full charged for almost a week. No issues were my other brand are already swollen.
For batteries I'd suggest at least 5000mah and 50c
For the brand I personally vote
Spektrum
Love there ic3 or ic5 connections and the smart charger is awesome for all the battery details. I abuse mine(put it in my e-skate ?) undercharged them overcharged them and let them sit full charged for almost a week. No issues were my other brand are already swollen.
Screenshot_20201013-150845.png
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...smart-lipo-hard-case-battery-spmxps3/p1161241
Although there is a better bundle I just couldn't find it in 3sec so.. The other bundle has the better charger dual port and comes with two batteries for twice the fun
Although there is a better bundle I just couldn't find it in 3sec so.. The other bundle has the better charger dual port and comes with two batteries for twice the fun

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back