So can you or can you not run 5S on the new BLX185’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I would put my 2018 BLX185 into Nimh mode and run a lipo alarm but now I’m hearing this isn’t an option anymore? Is this true, and if so has anyone found a way around it?

I want to run 5S because I have two 2S 7600mah packs and two 3S 7600mah packs. The two 3S packs are too big together.

My BLX185 from a V4 Typhon does not have a second setting for variable 1. So on mine, there is no NiMH mode.

I understand why they would lock it out. People were probably killing their packs by changing that setting while thinking it was another one since the beeps can be confusing. However, it would have been nice for them to allow a way to unlock it for the guys that know better.

I understand why they would lock it out. People were probably killing their packs by changing that setting while thinking it was another one since the beeps can be confusing. However, it would have been nice for them to allow a way to unlock it for the guys that know better.
I agree. I wish I could turn it off for speed runs. I end up amp limiting due to LVC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back