So I have a Felony. Using Traxxas batteries, and charger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By all means, if you're happy with them, why not? If you were to stick with TRX batteries and charger, you'll need their big charger, 2973 which is 4s (x2) capable. For the limitless you would be using 2x4s to make 8s. So the charger only need be 2x4s capable. That's assuming you'd like to stick with TRX. I like their batteries TBH, they hold up well long term, and easily put out as much power as the Spektrum so called 100C packs. You can add TRX connectors to any esc, or just buy a VXL8S. Not the best esc but, mine and my brothers are both still working fine after 2 years so🤷‍♂️ many options out there. Like I said before, lipo batteries and chargers really aren't as complicated as Spektrum and TRX will lead you to believe.

Yup a lot of the ISDT chargers will automatically detect the voltage and apply the proper setting for that, the hardest part is setting the charge rate.

Yup a lot of the ISDT chargers will automatically detect the voltage and apply the proper setting for that, the hardest part is setting the charge rate.
Yup, good point. Battery charge rate standard is 1amp per amp (1000mah), 1C charge rate. Easy peasy. 5000mah battery, 5amps charge rate. All you need to know for starters. Many batteries can be charged at higher rates but, not necessary.
I set my chargers to 5a for all my batteries, 4000 through 6500mah. Yes 5a is a touch higher than 1c for a 4000mah battery but, I haven't had any issues with them.

Thanks. Glad you chimed in. I need to crash, had medicine today. Infusion. Will talk later. Mike.

By all means, if you're happy with them, why not? If you were to stick with TRX batteries and charger, you'll need their big charger, 2973 which is 4s (x2) capable. For the limitless you would be using 2x4s to make 8s. So the charger only need be 2x4s capable. That's assuming you'd like to stick with TRX. I like their batteries TBH, they hold up well long term, and easily put out as much power as the Spektrum so called 100C packs. You can add TRX connectors to any esc, or just buy a VXL8S. Not the best esc but, mine and my brothers are both still working fine after 2 years so🤷‍♂️ many options out there. Like I said before, lipo batteries and chargers really aren't as complicated as Spektrum and TRX will lead you to believe.
I've melted the solder off the "smart" chip on the end of the cells on all 4 of my Traxxas packs within 10 months.

Fine in a standard Traxxas vehicle, but I wouldn't put them in anything with a punchy ESC

I've melted the solder off the "smart" chip on the end of the cells on all 4 of my Traxxas packs within 10 months.

Fine in a standard Traxxas vehicle, but I wouldn't put them in anything with a punchy ESC
What were you using for a motor? I can definitely believe what you're saying, just curious.

I will send a photo, after I wake up. Had a busy day.

I am thinking of getting a Limitless, for Xmas. I have a Felony and love it.

What were you using for a motor? I can definitely believe what you're saying, just curious.
The first pack I killed was admittedly in my XRT with an 1100kv hobbywing and Max 5 so retired them to my Mini Maxx which is stock other than a BLX185 ESC.

All 4 have gone in the exact same place. Been meaning to have a crack at soldering them but I have a load of Onyx packs these days now I know a bit more about what I am doing

The first pack I killed was admittedly in my XRT with an 1100kv hobbywing and Max 5 so retired them to my Mini Maxx which is stock other than a BLX185 ESC.

All 4 have gone in the exact same place. Been meaning to have a crack at soldering them but I have a load of Onyx packs these days now I know a bit more about what I am doing
The price of TRX batteries insures I'll never buy them, strike one. Then there's the ID connector, strike two. Odd sized packs also, strike three!👎
Like I said, my bro has a bag full, easily a G invested in them, probably more..I guess they're fine for stock electronics but that's aboot it.

The price of TRX batteries insures I'll never buy them, strike one. Then there's the ID connector, strike two. Odd sized packs also, strike three!👎
Like I said, my bro has a bag full, easily a G invested in them, probably more..I guess they're fine for stock electronics but that's aboot it.
Can you recommend a battery and easy to use , charging system for a Limitless? Thanks. 🏁 Mike.

Can you recommend a battery and easy to use , charging system for a Limitless? Thanks. 🏁 Mike.
@SrC mentioned the ISDT charger earlier. It's a solid unit for sure, economical too. Plug and play is what TRX and Spectrum specialize in. If that's all you're looking for, by all means, they are perfect for that. However if you desire higher performance and/or better value, you really should learn the basics at least about this stuff. I feel anyone who is going to use these should know what they're doing and dealing with. The video below is really helpful I think, and while he is talking about drones rather than ground vehicles the technology and do's and don'ts are the same with regards to Lipo batteries and chargers. BTW, Joshua Bardwell has an extensive listing of great videos about lipo batteries, chargers and safety. I really like his delivery, easy to understand.

@blaster27 what batteries you'll need will be determined by what motor you use. I have no experience with the Limitless. It can run 6 or 8s systems. I'm guessing if you already have the Felony you're looking to go 8s with the Limitless? How fast are you looking to go?

@blaster27 what batteries you'll need will be determined by what motor you use. I have no experience with the Limitless. It can run 6 or 8s systems. I'm guessing if you already have the Felony you're looking to go 8s with the Limitless? How fast are you looking to go?
I really don't want to go faster than the Felony. Well maybe a little. I love the Felony. With that said I love the looks of a Limitless. Not in to going faster. Just want a Lotus type car. The open wheel concept kinda turns me on. Ha. Just knowing that I have one is so cool. It might be my next project. 🇺🇲 🏁🏁

Last edited:
I really don't want to go faster than the Felony. Well maybe a little. I love the Felony. With that said I love the looks of a Limitless. Not in to going faster. Just want a Lotus type car. The open wheels kinda turns me on. Ha. Just knowing that I have one is so cool. It might be my next project. 🇺🇲 🏁🏁
Ya know, I'd be curious what a Limitless would run like with a Max6/4985 (on 6s) combo? That's a stout motor for the money. Only potential problem I see is the 1650kv motor, but then, Arrma recommends the Firma 150 combo for a 6s setup so, that's a 2050kv motor. The Limitless would run very similar to the Felony with that, but with a 4985, I bet it rips. You'd need to talk with other Limitless owners though. Since I haven't one, can't say.

I should point out that the Max6/4985 can run 8s but not a good choice if 8s is your plan. The Max6 combo is really better suited to 6s. I think it would be plenty, others say not enough.🤷‍♂️
I've never had an rc that goes over say 60mph.. I have however done 175 on my ZX14.😛

Ya know, I'd be curious what a Limitless would run like with a Max6/4985 (on 6s) combo? That's a stout motor for the money. Only potential problem I see is the 1650kv motor, but then, Arrma recommends the Firma 150 combo for a 6s setup so, that's a 2050kv motor. The Limitless would run very similar to the Felony with that, but with a 4985, I bet it rips. You'd need to talk with other Limitless owners though. Since I haven't one, can't say.
Thanks for that info. I saw a Limitless on YouTube crash. 150 MPH? I don't want to do that speed. Too fast for me. I have my limits. I just want to see how fast I can go in 132ft. So I think I will start with the roller. And work my way up. I even voted for that car. I hope he gets a V2 roller, and fixes it. 💪

I can easily total out my Lim just doing sub 100mph. Did that twice. Needed to buy another Lim roller kit twice. It was cheaper than buying all the parts.
One wreck was simply from a tire blow out. :mad: Cannot control things like that.
Get ready for speed running carnage. Just the nature of the beast. Speed costs. And the faster you go, more space you need to stop. These all road platforms don't stop on a dime.
The "Open Wheeled" Lim has no room for error. The wheels/ arms rip off when striking/ catching anything in its way. Simply a love tap at high speed will cost Mucho coin. Unlike the Infr. and Fel. (Closed wheeled bodies)

Last edited:
I can easily total out my Lim just doing sub 100mph. Did that twice. Needed to buy another Lim roller kit twice. It was cheaper than buying all the parts.
One wreck was simply from a tire blow out. :mad: Cannot control things like that.
Get ready for speed running carnage. Just the nature of the beast. Speed costs. And the faster you go, more space you need to stop. These all road platforms don't stop on a dime.
The "Open Wheeled" Lim has no room for error. The wheels/ arms rip off when striking/ catching anything in its way. Simply a love tap at high speed will cost Mucho coin. Unlike the Infr. and Fel. (Closed wheeled bodies)
What's your setup? 6 or 8s? I would love to have one but, that would require traveling to use it since I live on a dirt road.

What's your setup? 6 or 8s? I would love to have one but, that would require traveling to use it since I live on a dirt road.
I do not own a Limitless yet. Just thinking about getting one is all.If I do, I might go with 6s. No need for anything faster. At least for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back