So my first EXB failure...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukas412

Reaction score
I excitedly took my new EXB out for a test run and literally the first throttle pull resulted in the front CVD shaft shearing the pin at diff outdrive. Both sides of it clean as a whistle!
I can't see how this is user error, but if you can let me know. I'll contact Horizon.

I excitedly took my new EXB out for a test run and literally the first throttle pull resulted in the front CVD shaft shearing the pin at diff outdrive. Both sides of it clean as a whistle!
I can't see how this is user error, but if you can let me know. I'll contact Horizon.
On my first run with the O8S I sheared off the right rear pin on the CVD (same spot). I was doing bunny hops on a parking stop and on concrete and was trying to self ride it, so I was abusing it 🤣😅. After that, I replaced the shaft and it lasted for a long time (many high jumps into concrete and abuse). Yeah yours seems like a fluke. Just ran my EXB K8S. Everything went well, until I had a bad landing (my fault). Hehe. Right front lower control arm snapped off from the pin as usual.

Call em warranty that pig

I heard of defective CVD pins snapping early on the 8s rigs. The rears if I am correct.
I snapped off the front CVD pin on my second run with my EXB K8S today. It happened like after 5 minutes of running too. Oh well

Try using Dremeling a HS steel Drill bit or blank of a suitable diameter. May be much stronger as a CVD pin.. A fix.???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back