Some pixs of the BigBoys- @ the P1 offshore St. Pete Grand Prix.. .. 😳😳💪

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Huski Ice P1 & Navy P1 Cat.jpeg

NAVY P1 Cat.jpeg

DFyoung P1 Cat.jpeg

Those guys have balls of steel for sure. 100mph in a car or on a bike, for me, is a big yawn at this point. 100+ on a boat is freaking terrifying to me! I was on a 70mph jet boat one time and I was quite certain I was going to die at any moment. Offshore power boat racing is one of the most exciting of all motorsports, IMO.
You are 100% correct. Those guys stare death in the face every time they go out.

You are 100% correct. Those guys stare death in the face every time they go out.

So what sort of money does one have to spend to run these aqua machines of DeathFace...?

So what sort of money does one have to spend to run these aqua machines of DeathFace...?
I bet it's not cheap 🤷.just probably starting one up is probably equivalent to buying a dozen arrma RC's 🤣🤣

I’m not sure, but I know it’s VERY expensive. In my past life, when I was doing sales and chassis setup for Porsche Club sports car racers, one of my favorite clients (Raphael Lopez, NYC) left the Porsche racing circuit to pursue offshore power boat racing. He said it cost multiple times what keeping a Porsche 911 Turbo did to keep it competitive. He was one of those rare birds, breathing rare air. A fantastic driver, impossibly good looking, very deep pockets, with a very nice and charismatic personality. Bastard…. (And I mean that in the most favorable, positive way.)
I don’t know what it cost him ultimately, but I know what he spent on prep and tires alone on any given race weekend in addition to the cost of the car, parts, mechanics and pit crew, etc. and he said it wasn’t even close.
Bless those lucky bastards, and those who can can live vicariously through them.

I’m not sure, but I know it’s VERY expensive. In my past life, when I was doing sales and chassis setup for Porsche Club sports car racers, one of my favorite clients (Raphael Lopez, NYC) left the Porsche racing circuit to pursue offshore power boat racing. He said it cost multiple times what keeping a Porsche 911 Turbo did to keep it competitive. He was one of those rare birds, breathing rare air. A fantastic driver, impossibly good looking, very deep pockets, with a very nice and charismatic personality. Bastard…. (And I mean that in the most favorable, positive way.)
I don’t know what it cost him ultimately, but I know what he spent on prep and tires alone on any given race weekend in addition to the cost of the car, parts, mechanics and pit crew, etc. and he said it wasn’t even close.
Bless those lucky bastards, and those who can can live vicariously through them.
Impossibly good looking 🤔hmm that's what da lady's say about me ,even though my pockets are deep they empty🤣🤣. wifey emptys them out quickly

Ready ti race 1/2 million or so. Just one motor can run around 50,000+. Just ceramic coated exhaust is over 10,000. And that was 20 years ago.

Ready ti race 1/2 million or so. Just one motor can run around 50,000+. Just ceramic coated exhaust is over 10,000. And that was 20 years ago.

Ummm..
That's a pastime realm I can't imagine ,at all...

WAY Beyond my resources!!

Perhaps I can get my hands on a Used propeller ,that's as close I'll ever get to such a hobby. If that....

Back in the 90's I helped a friend with some tinting work. Which happened to be in a large warehouse in Suffolk County Longisland NY. 6 or 7 offshore racing boats were stored and worked on. The only boat that was not either upside-down or completely covered was the bright green Gico insurance catamaran with the 🦎 on it. Up close they are impressive!! And I asked too many questions. Props are cnc machined from a 1 chunck of billit aluminum. That's a big chunck!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back